Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny - 8/10. I'd heard crap reviews but i really liked it. Especially towards the end.

His mushroom trip with Sasquatch is an unrivalled moment of comedy genius.

Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny - 8/10. I'd heard crap reviews but i really liked it. Especially towards the end.

Really underrated film. I'm a big Tenacious D fan, so I'm not exactly unbiased, but it's one of my favourite comedies.

Last saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I'm not generally a fan of the HP movies, but this is the best one so far by a long way. Quite lighthearted for the most part but tense/scary when it needs to be...doubt it would hold any interest for people who aren't fans of the books though.

Really underrated film. I'm a big Tenacious D fan, so I'm not exactly unbiased, but it's one of my favourite comedies.

The bit where he's gleefully riding down the joy river in a colourful inflatable with his imaginary buddy then it cuts to him close to drowning kills me.

It's a pretty good film and I like all the references too.

Some bits are absolutely genius. I liked the bit with Ben Stiller in the guitar centre.

''Some kid called Eddie...............VAN HALEN :D''

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry, an abused and mentally unstable child, being punished for throwing a cake at a woman (and blaming a pixie), takes revenge by throwing his abusive step-father from a second floor window. Following the incident he has a complete mental breakdown. While incarcerated he imagines the juvenile detention centre as a world of wizards and magic. He gets into fights in the yard claiming only to be partaking in a violent game to catch a winged ball that flies. He also talks to himself incoherently, kills a cat and several people which he blames on the memory of a man who died 11 years ago (just after he was born). In the end he sticks a shiv in the eye of an inmate who he insiists is a 64 foot snake. Rather than the violent actions of a psychopath he sees this as an heroic validation of all that he's done before. He celebrates in the mess with Bubba, a 28 stone violent murderer with a penchant for under 13s.

Dark.

Can you get that on the download HF?

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry, an abused and mentally unstable child, being punished for throwing a cake at a woman (and blaming a pixie), takes revenge by throwing his abusive step-father from a second floor window. Following the incident he has a complete mental breakdown. While incarcerated he imagines the juvenile detention centre as a world of wizards and magic. He gets into fights in the yard claiming only to be partaking in a violent game to catch a winged ball that flies. He also talks to himself incoherently, kills a cat and several people which he blames on the memory of a man who died 11 years ago (just after he was born). In the end he sticks a shiv in the eye of an inmate who he insiists is a 64 foot snake. Rather than the violent actions of a psychopath he sees this as an heroic validation of all that he's done before. He celebrates in the mess with Bubba, a 28 stone violent murderer with a penchant for under 13s.

Dark.

Can you get that on the download HF?

It's the second one....not the new one.

Followed it up with Prisoner of Azkaban (which was the best so far) and Goblet of Fire which was the worst with too much time dedicated to the prom and an ill defined contest that sees Voldermort (supposedly the scariest mo fo ever) and his monumental return relegated to a B story played out in the last few scenes.

Night at the Museum - didn't even raise a chuckle. I smiled at the memory of Mandlebaum from Seinfeld when the Micky Rooney character stole his aged hard man act. But that was it.

Edited by Happy Face

Roll Models

Trailed off a bit in the middle, but picked up again. Hilarious at times.

:rolleyes: guessing that was a typo.

working my way through some classics that for whatever reason i haven't seen.

The Graduate - very good, although with having seen rainman first some of the mannerisms are there lol

Currently watching butch cassidy and the sundance kid :rolleyes:

also this week watched

Terminator Salvation - not bad better than expected

Once and Into the Wild - both Fantastic movies

Butch and Sundance with half the Mexican army surrounding them...

"Is LeFleurs out there? Did you see LeFleurs"..

"No"..

"Great I thought we were in trouble for a moment there.." :)

The Soloist.

Good idea for a film (down and out mad musician saved by journalist), ruined by a meandering script and Robert Downey who can't really carry such roles (the journalist). Based on a true story of sorts.

The Soloist.

Good idea for a film (down and out mad musician saved by journalist), ruined by a meandering script and Robert Downey who can't really carry such roles (the journalist). Based on a true story of sorts.

just watched this myself, pretty much agree, i normally like robert downey jnr's movies but this wasn't upto much and was dragged out

watched Tenacious D as well there... thought it was balls

Yup the pacing was awful.

Rope

1948 Hitchcock film about two young students who kill their so-called friend just to actually prove they could do it and get away with it. Sick and twisted on a magnificent level. Looks great too.

Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.

From Oscar-winning director Alex Gibney and producer Graydon Carter comes a probing look into the uncanny life of national treasure and gonzo journalism inventor Dr. Hunter S. Thompson. The film addresses the major touchstones in Thompson’s life—his intense and ill fated relationship with the Hell’s Angels, his near-successful bid for the office of sheriff in Aspen in 1970, the notorious story behind the landmark Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, his deep involvement in Senator George McGovern’s 1972 presidential campaign, and much more. Narrated by Johnny Depp.

Thought it was class like. Then again I'm a bit biased, but really enjoyed it as it showed me a lot of insight which I certainly hadn't seen before. Class soundtrack as well.

BBC2 10.35pm

Week of comedy it would seem.

Ice Age 3 - Nothing spectacular but did not feel like it was dragging along. Maybe time to call it a day though. 6/10

Drillbit Taylor - Pretty funny but as above not spectacular. 7/10.

Kung Foo Panda - Looked pretty stunning on the HD telly and animation in general was brilliant i thought. Funny enough, all though Jack Blacks voice does get a bit on my nerves. 8/10

Saw the 18 version of Bruno at the Silverlink on Saturday. Not as good as Borat but had its moments. 8/10

Watched Vicky Christina Barcelona on DVD last night. A strange one, difficult to pigeon hole. Still, had a lovely backdrop of Barcelona and Scarlett Johansson which made it quite watchable. 6/10