Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Bad Lieutenant

Suppose whether you like this film depends on how much you like Nicholas Cage. I often find a lot of his acclaimed work slightly off track for me and this falls into that catergory.

The blu ray cover screams 10/10......Funniest.....etc etc

Lots of decent acting and an interesting tale but the style just spoils it for me.

5/10

The Box.

Not really sure how to rate this one. It was a different and interesting tale however just seemed to lose its way towards the end.

I guess I'll give it 6 / 10

Would you press the button? :(

Is it big, red and dangerous looking with 'Tory Taxi drivers' written on it?

Bad Lieutenant

Suppose whether you like this film depends on how much you like Nicholas Cage. I often find a lot of his acclaimed work slightly off track for me and this falls into that catergory.

The blu ray cover screams 10/10......Funniest.....etc etc

Lots of decent acting and an interesting tale but the style just spoils it for me.

5/10

Smashing film, that.

Herzog is a top bloke, he has made a good number of absolutely cracking films. Not seen BL yet but it doesn't look one of his best, will probably catch it at some point.

Kiss of the Dragon - After watching some of Jackie Chan/Sammo Hung's Hong Kong action films recently, I've come to the conclusion that Americans just shouldn't make martial arts films. They can't get the insurance to do really wild stuff and they always put loads of cuts into the fight scenes so you can't really see the combat very well and it all seems too contrived and lame. Add to that the stereotypical 'fish out of water' bollocks and the fact that american audiences can't stomach a chinaman banging a caucasion which means there's no sexytime action in any of these films, just an all round lack of action on all fronts. I've got nothing against Jet Li but he can't display his skills when the camera cuts every second and every time he throws a punch. Same with Jackie Chan in Rush Hour, the man is a modern day Buster Keaton and he's wasted in these films. Having said all that it wasn't totally awful, I give it 5/10.

Matrix 2/3 - Saw these in the cinema when they came out and was very disappointed, watching them again on telly I enjoyed them a lot more. I just took them as mindless action films and enjoyed the special effects and so on rather than getting caught up in the nonsensical verbose passages about 'the matrix' and everything that entails. The martial arts action is very good in these films, the best in any american movie perhaps, the Wackychowchow brothers are obviously very influenced by Asian cinema and got all the best action choreographers in and all that lot. None of this choppy chop cutting every second: with the wirework, slow-mo and computer effects they can show the fighting in its full glory. The story is a bit crap but who cares it doesn't have to make sense, it's the fucking matrix, I was entertained. 8/10

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Get Him to the Greek --- Russell Brand & Jonah Hill

Spin off ish from Forgetting Sarah Marshal. Brand plays the same pop star character and if you liked that you'll like this.

Lots of gross out and one liners to dull away a couple of hours

5.8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226229/

fp_3343301_get_greek_ram_073009.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree

Religulous. Bill Maher documentary poking fun at how preposterous religion is. Entertaining and pretty funny.

Deliver Us From Evil. Terrifying documentary about a Catholic priest who was molesting kids in California throughout the 70s and 80s, and who the Catholic church knowingly moved around different parishes letting him get away with it. Fucking chilling and heartbreaking stuff. There's a bit where he decides to write a letter to his victims, inviting them to come and meet him personally so he can apologise. He finishes writing the letter and is talking to the interviewer about what he hopes to achieve by meeting them, and at the end of his little speech turns to the camera, grins and winks and goes "Hope to see you all soon". You want to climb in the telly and kick his fucking teeth in.

His last known whereabouts were Rotterdam, but according to Wikipedia his current whereabouts are unknown, so fuck knows what he's getting up to.

Both worth watching.

The disappearance of Alice Creed

Drags a little but still very different, lots of twists and generally very good 7/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1379177/

CT clearly just getting anything with Gemma Arterton in it.

:(:(:(

Had no idea it was the same girl until my daughter pointed it out half way through the film. Looks about 3 stone heavier in this than Prince of Persia.

4662942970_d519523ab1.jpg

Disappearance_of_Alice_Creed2.jpg

Herzog is a top bloke, he has made a good number of absolutely cracking films. Not seen BL yet but it doesn't look one of his best, will probably catch it at some point.

Kiss of the Dragon - After watching some of Jackie Chan/Sammo Hung's Hong Kong action films recently, I've come to the conclusion that Americans just shouldn't make martial arts films. They can't get the insurance to do really wild stuff and they always put loads of cuts into the fight scenes so you can't really see the combat very well and it all seems too contrived and lame. Add to that the stereotypical 'fish out of water' bollocks and the fact that american audiences can't stomach a chinaman banging a caucasion which means there's no sexytime action in any of these films, just an all round lack of action on all fronts. I've got nothing against Jet Li but he can't display his skills when the camera cuts every second and every time he throws a punch. Same with Jackie Chan in Rush Hour, the man is a modern day Buster Keaton and he's wasted in these films. Having said all that it wasn't totally awful, I give it 5/10.

Matrix 2/3 - Saw these in the cinema when they came out and was very disappointed, watching them again on telly I enjoyed them a lot more. I just took them as mindless action films and enjoyed the special effects and so on rather than getting caught up in the nonsensical verbose passages about 'the matrix' and everything that entails. The martial arts action is very good in these films, the best in any american movie perhaps, the Wackychowchow brothers are obviously very influenced by Asian cinema and got all the best action choreographers in and all that lot. None of this choppy chop cutting every second: with the wirework, slow-mo and computer effects they can show the fighting in its full glory. The story is a bit crap but who cares it doesn't have to make sense, it's the fucking matrix, I was entertained. 8/10

the burly brawl w/ infinite agent smiths has to be one of , if not the best fight scenes in any movie.

the burly brawl w/ infinite agent smiths has to be one of , if not the best fight scenes in any movie.

Bored the arse off me. I'd rather stick my dick in a Nintendo than watch that CGI bullshit [© Tarintino].

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Watched One Night in Turin there. The title is a bit misleading cos its on 93 minutes, and only about 25 are about the Semi against Germany. It really takes you back like, absolutely fantastic viewing, takes you right back. I remember watching the witch doctor in Cameroon on the news the night before the game shaking the sticks and stones in a bowl and smattering them on the table as a way of prediction "TWOOO ONE CAMEROON", and I remember watching the game thinking about it when we were 2-1 down. Loads of little things. It's a great watch and everyone knows how close we were to winning the World Cup, but we really were, even then though you always thought they're Germany we can't win can we? Heartbreaking. Lovely subtitles where you see SBR talking to Robson, and it has subtitles lip reading what he's said "you were absolutely magnificent out there son, you'll be at the next one, you've got your whole life in front of you." Absolute legend, the press then were worse than they are now and that's saying something, SBR went there public enemy number one because of the press, absolute cunts like Harry Harris and in particular Brian "ugly fuckin hack cunt big haired sheep bastard" Woolnough, but Bobby came back a hero as he always was, as did Gazza. Honestly 9/10.

After reading quite a few positive reviews, i will make an attempt to see "Let Me In'' over the the weekend - i was going to wait for it's eventual dvd release. Going by the preview it almost looks like a shot-for-shot remake. Will no doubt mentally criticise the remake, when comparing it to the original during viewing.

The lad who plays the young boy was in "The Road", adds credibility and potential there.

Here man, this is the Film You Recently Watched thread. Not the film you will make an attempt to see over the weekend and will no doubt mentally criticise thread. Let us know what it's like when you've seen it - until then, keep it zipped. :angry: