Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Surrogates - Bruce Willis - Its ok. Nothing fantastic but watchable in a slouch in front of the TV with nothing else on kinda way.

I filed that in my "interesting premise for a Sci-fi film which ultimately disappointed" file - see also Babylon AD most recently.

I'm Not There

Casey Affleck follows Joaquin Phoenix around as he orders prostitutes, does cocaine and acts like a total heed the baal. 100% recommended.

I'm Still Here?

I'm Still Standing?

I'm Not There

Casey Affleck follows Joaquin Phoenix around as he orders prostitutes, does cocaine and acts like a total heed the baal. 100% recommended.

I'm Still Here?

I'm Still Standing?

I'm Blue Da Ba Dee Da Ba Da?

I'm Ron Burgundy? :wub:

Just watched the new Robin Hood...why the fuck do they have to go so overboard in Hollywood??? The 'legend' was about a quiet little, young thief in Nottingham, so they make it about fucking Maximus...leader and sole reason that England survived an invasion from France. Straight away, shoving him into 'recorded history' instead of leaving him as a legend.

And where's he meant to be from? He had all the accents...manc, scouse, irish, cockney, australian, fake English (like Kevin Whately, Denise Welsh etc...) and all these peasants could read and speak 2 languages!!!!

What a fucking liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(It was a canny film though, if you pretend it has nowt to do with Robin Hood and is more like a descendant of Gladiator)

I'm sick of all these US remakes, of old classic horror films. The Wicker Man was destroyed, among others. So i've started watching some French inclusions.

Martyrs: Tough viewing, great movie though. A film of two halves, and makes the Hostel films look like Walt Disney flicks.

High Tension: Same director i think.

Inside: with Beatrice Dalle starring. About to score a copy of French e-bay site.

I dont think the original Wicker Man was well received at first either. Turned into a bit of a cult-classic though. Having said that, the remake is an abortion.

I cant believe they are remaking Let the Right One in.

not needed, IMO. It's not like it's 50years old and needs another twist on it.

Thinking of going to the cinema this weekend for the first time since no. 2 was born.

The Town or the re-release of Back to the Future. Leaning toward the latter(if I'm allowed).

I remember the original Wicker Man as being utter shite. That for me was the main reason it shouldn't have been remade.

I've not seen either original or remake(Nick Cage in a bear suit, punching women?), but I think taking a shit film that had an interesting idea, but shitty execution, is the best reason to do a remake. Not much point in remaking a film that did the job right the first time round.

I would put the original Wicker man into the category of films that seemed quite scary when watched on a Friday night when I was a kid but when I attempt to watch them now I find them a bit cringeworthy. Things like Village of the damned and the original Thing come to mind.