Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

i'm in agreement that he's technically proficient as a dribbler, and offered us an outlet when we were abject. his  recent injuries have taken a toll and i think mentally his head isn't quite right, so he's behaving a bit childish. which ain't good. 

raw talent wise, he'd be  ideal for a super sub, and can cause havoc with most of the sides outside of teams that press him effectively. its just the same old, final ball and decision making.... 

• Like 1

Look at the unity Howe has tried to instill since becoming manager - post-match team photos / laps of honour after each match. This behaviour is completely at odds with the ethos they're trying to build at the club.

He's finished IMO. Whether these comments were a cause or consequence of that is largely irrelevant.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Howay said:

“Never hesitated to protect us” didn’t he throw the players under the bus basically any opportunity he had to do so? 

Not Maxy. Actually that reminds me about the line from Luke Edwards about Bruce being a ‘human shield’ taking the flak for the players’ inadequacies. That aged well 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not Maxy. Actually that reminds me about the line from Luke Edwards about Bruce being a ‘lard wall’ taking the flak for the players’ inadequacies. That aged well 

FYP 

• Haha 4

I said before this I would get rid. ASM, Wood, Murphy, Almiron have next to no end product. 

-Keep Fraser and Wilson

-Use Wood as a sub to defend a lead 

-Sell ASM, Almiron and Murphy

-Buy a new first choice striker and 2 decent players to play either side of him 

Still think Lingard could do a job in a front 3. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I said before this I would get rid. ASM, Wood, Murphy, Almiron have next to no end product. 

-Keep Fraser and Wilson

-Use Wood as a sub to defend a lead 

-Sell ASM, Almiron and Murphy

-Buy a new first choice striker and 2 decent players to play either side of him 

Still think Lingard could do a job in a front 3. 

Genius move if we can sell Wood AND still use him as a sub ;) 

• Haha 4

Think this has probably been blown out of proportion tbh, the French football press are as bad as ours for printing things out of context.

I would keep him next season, give him a bit of love (some players need that rather than a kick up the arse) and surround him with better players. If his end product doesn’t improve after that then he would need to go because it’s not been good enough this season. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, strawb said:

Think this has probably been blown out of proportion tbh, the French football press are as bad as ours for printing things out of context.

I would keep him next season, give him a bit of love (some players need that rather than a kick up the arse) and surround him with better players. If his end product doesn’t improve after that then he would need to go because it’s not been good enough this season. 

Sorry, that was far too well thought out and reasonable. It’ll have to go I’m afraid 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Sorry, that was far too well thought out and reasonable. It’ll have to go I’m afraid 

Will delete immediately 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, strawb said:

I think you're right and some things could have easily been lost in translation.

If he is still injured and we are now safe, wouldn't it be wise to rest him fully now?

I'm not buying it. His mindset is all wrong - it's all about him and what he does / value he adds. The 'French football press' is a convenient get-out IYAM. Body language doesn't get lost in translation and it's evidently clear his mantra is 'the big I am'.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm not buying it. His mindset is all wrong - it's all about him and what he does / value he adds. The 'French football press' is a convenient get-out IYAM. Body language doesn't get lost in translation and it's evidently clear his mantra is 'the big I am'.

The only person who mentioned the French football press was me mate. Not like ASM has come and said it.

8 hours ago, strawb said:

The only person who mentioned the French football press was me mate. Not like ASM has come and said it.

On here, yes. There's a lot of 'blind faith' backers of him on other forms of social media who use it all the time. 

isn't that always the way. 

reminds me of that Adel Taarabt (very probably spelt wrong) at QPR. they were reliant on him as we were when we were awful. similar results, the odd Worldy, the odd bit of magic, but really not much else and actually detrimental to a team... 

if he could be coached... he absolutely would be of benefit....