The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Facundo Medina mentioned on The Athletic this morning. 

Not sure we have any interest or if they just think we should. 

(Hakuna Matata your recommended song idea here CT. Surely not more Phenomenon). 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Tone Loc will be reading this and gently weeping at the impermanence of fame.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I like him.

Good defender. Strong and with good ability.

21 or 22 years old. He is starter in Lens (amazing performance this year in Ligue One)

He have been absolute with Argentina a couple of times, and he was the partner in the center back in U20 with Nehuen Pérez. 

I like much he is adapted very well to European football. 

Is similar player to Romero (Tottenham).

Edited by Diego21
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I like him.

Good defender. Strong and with good ability.

21 or 22 years old. He is starter in Lens (amazing performance this year in Ligue One)

He have been absolute with Argentina a couple of times, and he was the partner in the center back in U20 with Nehuen Pérez. 

I like much he is adapted very well to European football. 

Is similar player to Romero (Tottenham).

And just like that our man is back

• Haha 4

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newcastle-and-brighton-ready-moves-for-senesi-as-asking-price-revealed/

It's OK, we've already moved onto an Argentine centre back who plays for Feyenoord 😉 I'm sure he'll be fourth time lucky. I would repeat my point again from the other day. It's most likely the case that most of these stories are little more than a game of telephone at best, with very little solid fact to back them up.

Edit. It should also be said that given the money we have behind us, every agent in the world is likely trying to feed unsubstantiated rumour to the press in order to drum up interest in their players.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

That kid hasn’t got a fucking clue, man :lol: 

does anyone have a clue who any of the people in this video are, or why i'm watching it? no, me neither 

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fill us in on the highlights. 

I'll do my bit by listening to the Everything is Black and White Podcast to hear what Ghodoussi said to Simon Bird after the Cambridge match. Hope he called him a cunt. 

three random irish blokes, one of whom is this sean casey bloke, who they do a big reveal on then profile first as some kind of ITK we should all trust, despite most of us never having heard of him before this week.

they then meander into a conversation about botman maybe joining at the end of the window. i switched off shortly after a fourth contributor joined the conversation while drinking brandy. it's a must-watch 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Of course, it’s all going to happen on Friday when the forums closed :lol: 

We’ll be hosting a garden party for the secret forum.

• Haha 3

I think it’s a little much to say it’s impatience tbh. They’ve had more than enough time to make progress on targets, while I don’t think every single thing journalists are reporting is true we are currently 11 days into the window with one signing in. If we play Watford with the same squad that we had for the Cambridge game it’s bordering on absurd to me. 

I understand teams are hesitant to sell in January, but they could have been talking to clubs in November and December.

My big suspicion/fear is that our lot have went round talking to agents, for example Botmans agent, who has went yes my client would love to come and Lille need cash so would likely sell in this range. Rather than open any channel of discussion with Lille our lot have come up with a price in that range they’d be happy with paying and then waited until January to approach Lille who (not so promptly) told them to fuck off. It’s what they seemed to have done with Emery, spoke to his agent he gave them the go ahead but they neglected the hand the club had to play. 

I like Jacobs but we’re a fan base that have had the most turgid owner in PL history for 14 year and then when we have this excitement of a new takeover they’ve repeatedly botched things. It’s feeling very amateur hour to me. I don’t think branding people as impatient is fair, it would have been impatient if people were screaming January 2nd that we didn’t have players walking in the door but by January 11th only having 1 in and 1 other player that we had any public official bids made? It’s very poor. 

• Like 2

If Origi isn't at ACON he'll be required as cover by the scousers so that isn't really news of any kind tbh.  I wish my job was posting bollocks on twitter instead of just what I do when I'm supposed to be working :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think it’s a little much to say it’s impatience tbh. They’ve had more than enough time to make progress on targets, while I don’t think every single thing journalists are reporting is true we are currently 11 days into the window with one signing in. If we play Watford with the same squad that we had for the Cambridge game it’s bordering on absurd to me. 

I understand teams are hesitant to sell in January, but they could have been talking to clubs in November and December.

My big suspicion/fear is that our lot have went round talking to agents, for example Botmans agent, who has went yes my client would love to come and Lille need cash so would likely sell in this range. Rather than open any channel of discussion with Lille our lot have come up with a price in that range they’d be happy with paying and then waited until January to approach Lille who (not so promptly) told them to fuck off. It’s what they seemed to have done with Emery, spoke to his agent he gave them the go ahead but they neglected the hand the club had to play. 

I like Jacobs but we’re a fan base that have had the most turgid owner in PL history for 14 year and then when we have this excitement of a new takeover they’ve repeatedly botched things. It’s feeling very amateur hour to me. I don’t think branding people as impatient is fair, it would have been impatient if people were screaming January 2nd that we didn’t have players walking in the door but by January 11th only having 1 in and 1 other player that we had any public official bids made? It’s very poor. 

the biggest transfer coup of this window is going to howay's surprise move to team bed-wetter 

• Haha 1

• Tom locked this topic