The new manager thread

Polarboy

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've just walked the dog to the top of the hill at Weetslade. There was a bloke up there, fully grown man, in wellies, carrying a staff and running through fighting moves like he was Darth Maul. Pacing backwards and forwards. 

I shouted for the dog but mainly as a way of announcing that I was there, so this cunt could stop embarrassing himself while someone else could see him. Anyway, he didn't miss a beat, and he's still up there doing it now. 

Wasn't you, was it? 

I'll reply fully when I finish my moves.

• Haha 8

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Bizarre morning.

No word or sightings anywhere.

No planes being tracked.

No tweets from local journos.

Hurry up ffs

Genuinely, what's the rush now? No match for fucking ages. It'll get announced soon enough. Stop panicking. 

I mean there is a point to getting him in ASAP tbf. Get settled in, get his team settled in, meet the players that aren't on training duty, talk to his coaching staff about the plans for upcoming sessions. Take training. 

Also, allow the management team to focus on the many other things that need fixing at the club, instead of being distracted by the manager appointment.

There is absolutely an urgency to getting this appointment sewn up today. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean there is a point to getting him in ASAP tbf. Get settled in, get his team settled in, meet the players that aren't on training duty, talk to his coaching staff about the plans for upcoming sessions. Take training. 

Also, allow the management team to focus on the many other things that need fixing at the club, instead of being distracted by the manager appointment.

The sooner the better for sure, but the way some people are carrying on is daft. He was at the game, he's going to be announced soon. For all we know he's doing shit behind the scenes already, talking to senior players or whatever. The announcement bit is just PR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Joint bottom of the league, no wins in the 1st 11 games, unable to recruit until January. So no, no real urgency really. Also the fact that Villa fancy Howe as manager as well now 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The sooner the better for sure, but the way some people are carrying on is daft. He was at the game, he's going to be announced soon. For all we know he's doing shit behind the scenes already, talking to senior players or whatever. The announcement bit is just PR.

It's not just PR, it's a contract of employment. If it was signed they'd announce it. As long as it's not signed, it's not guaranteed. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah, agreed. This team needs banging into shape asap. Howe won’t be able to implement his ideas overnight. No time to waste given our perilous league position. We also have three winnable fixtures coming up after the international break. Absolutely essential we get something from those games before the horror run in December 

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’m assuming the delay in the announcement is to get all the videos and such done for the website. Wouldn’t surprise me if Howe had been at the training ground today, at the very least, meeting the players

Players are off today and listening to Keith Downie at the ground, not a sniff on anything happening yet.

Edited by Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

You can all either apologise as a chorus, or do it individually, makes no difference to me. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

You can all either apologise as a chorus, or do it individually, makes no difference to me. 

Sorry Mr Fish you were right we were wrong your brilliant & we're rubbish thankyou kind sir 

On 04/11/2021 at 12:58, ewerk said:

Let's not pretend that there was any chance of us appointing Eddie Howe under Mike Ashley.

Sportsmail understands Howe would also have been the man the previous ownership turned to had Steve Bruce been sacked on their watch. Lee Charnley - the managing director who remains at the club - is thought to have supported Howe's cause in light of the takeover.

ARE YOU WATCHING @ewerk

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread