Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think we’re 70/30 going down at this stage. It’s going to take 3-4 quality signings, some outstanding work on the training ground and a top 6 run of form from here 

6 of the players in that starting line up need to be upgraded on.

wood needs to hit 7 or 8 goals to match his usual haul, saint maximan has to show more consistency, because he was poor before his goal and we need the joelinton of the man utd game for the next three and half months.

it's not looking very promising.

• Like 1

We are down tbh. We pretty much need to overhaul the team and at this point I just don’t see it happening. We’ve signed 2 players in 2 weeks, even doing that again won’t be enough as imo we need a minimum of 3/4 more. The sad part is there won’t be loads in it, Watford, Norwich, and Burnley won’t win many games the rest of the season but we are fucking painful. 

I’m not saying the above as a result of this match btw, as I said earlier I don’t think the picture changed massively it just means we need points from harder fixtures. The reality is dropping 21 points from winning positions is what is killing us. They simply can’t fucking concede that goal today, but honestly it’s every fucking game. We’ve won one fucking game in over half a season, saying we will/can stay up is simply based on signing quality players at some point in the near future, something that as yet our current set up seem unable to do as all we’ve managed is a bloke that seemingly would have walked here himself to force a move and a bloke whose release clause we triggered. 

• Like 3

If we don't sign 3-4 serious players in the next two weeks we are not looking like getting out of the deep deep shit we're in right now. I have zero faith in the crap we have, particularly at CB & CM, to keep us away from the relegation zone. It's a perfect sign of the complete lack of ability and self-belief in this squad of utter dunces that even the opportunity to be a ground floor player for the next football project akin to the rise of ManCity isn't enough to motivate these dropkicks. It blows my mind. What an opportunity! If that doesn't motivate these clowns, what chance does Howe or anyone else have?

Edited by toonotl
  • Like 1

After yesterday we are in serious deep shit I'm just. hoping Watford draw next two games v Burnley & Norwich and we sneak a win at Leeds, but we all know what will happen Watford will win next two and we get beat and are 9 points adrift of fourth bottom. Was really hopeful the last two games I was expecting a 3/4 nil win v Cambridge to boost morale and thought Wood might hit the ground running yesterday.....how wrong I was lost to Cambridge and we now have a cart horse as new CF.

If/when we go down we will be everybody's FA/CL/WC final and they will be desperate to fuck us over never mind what shenanigans the EFL will come up with to stop us going up. You can guarantee they will desperately change the rules for next season so they can inflict immediate and severe punishment for overspending etc, never mind a big fine it'll be a big points deduction to try and keep us down for another season.

What we need now is another CF/LB/CB and creative midfielder so lets call it £200M and we might scrape it but a few more defeats and Howe will be on his bike. Everton will get out of the relegation zone with new manager which just leaves Leeds or Brentford to hopefully drop like a stone. If we don't sign a few players before Leeds game/window close we are fucked and will go down but it will be a painful slow death. At the end of the day we only have better Watford Burnley Norwich  and if we finish 4th bottom on goal difference that will do because make no mistake relegation is never good, but when your the worlds richest club it will be a nightmare.

On a more cheerful note at least our friends down the road are desperately trying trying to fuck promotion up as well

Edited by Rosco

It's the cup final reference that makes me suspicious :lol: Come on man, only mackems bang on about being everyone's cup final. If we go down, most of the championship will hardly give a fuck since they're all Premier League also rans who have played us enough times over the years not to get overexcited at the prospect. We're buying players who would probably come down with us, so we should be pretty much certain to go back up. The championship will barely notice or care that we're even there.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

The thing is, we absolutely have enough games left to get out of it. I remember Connor  whatshisname scoring a hatful to drag the Mackems clear of relegation with about 5 games left when they were in a worse position than us.

The worry is we've showed absolutely fuck all to convince me we can start picking up wins. We can't beat Norwich, Watford, Leeds and Brentford!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Renton said:

So Wood us a cart horse after 1 game and we will suffer a points deduction in the championship for some unspecified reason? Yeah, of course. 

I hope I'm wrong about Wood but we still need another striker and as regards the EFL they would be all over us like a rash if we go down 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

At the very least, the new owners are trying to get us out of it. That's something we should all appreciate.

Fair play to them and they will have to spend a lot more on at least  another 3 or 4 players but......we still need the rest of the useless bastards to show some backbone

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Half a season left man. There's bags of games. Like you say, it just depends whether we can sack up and start picking up the points. 

Since Howe came in we have chucked 8 points away Norwich/Brentford/Watford/Man Utd

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Bien sur mon ami, aussi il est un sixfingeredsisterfucka, ZUT ALORS!!! 

No Cheesy chips/blue pop/sixfingers here mate🤯.......i hope the rat shaggers stay in the 3rd division for ever

Edited by Rosco

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

It's the cup final reference that makes me suspicious :lol: Come on man, only mackems bang on about being everyone's cup final. If we go down, most of the championship will hardly give a fuck since they're all Premier League also rans who have played us enough times over the years not to get overexcited at the prospect. We're buying players who would probably come down with us, so we should be pretty much certain to go back up. The championship will barely notice or care that we're even there.

Big teams going down in the past was a big scalp for most clubs in championship.......next season if the worlds richest club go down will be a whole different ball game which is why we need to spend big to get out of the shit ,its a shame we fucked up not getting Unai Emery rather than Howe and still no DOF with Howe/NixonStaveley in charge of things is a worry

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Please explain why? This "paranoia" foes smell of you being a MLF tbh.

Well hopefully it wont happen and we can scrape 4th bottom finish but not helped by Leeds winning today Everton will get a bounce with new manager and we desperately need 3 points next Saturday

Looking at it objectively I’d say we’re going down. I just can’t see us suddenly starting to perform, even when we play well the result escapes us one way or another.

I’m not sure exactly what the problem is, certainly personnel for a start, the spine of the team has to be one of the weakest in the league.

Also despite an apparent attacking philosophy we can’t seem to buy a goal & more often than not when we do score it’s not borne out of a system of play but individual brilliance which isn’t sustainable & certainly not something we can rely on.

• Like 5

The lack of investment in the playing squad is starting to come home to roost and the last two years of a dog shit manager added on top of that.

Dubs, is he playing with an injury doesn't seem on it as past years.
CB - Shite
CM - Shite
FW - We now have Wood and a rice cracker Wilson. 

We have absolutley no spine at all.

To go down now which IMO we are, we need to rebuild a whole new side.  Which some people seem to think is easy.  We have some absolute dross on long term deaals.  They're not going to be easy to ship on.  The Championship, as we know if a competative league.  There's a fuck load of work to be done to get us ready for that and IMO we should be preparing for that.

If we went down I would keep the following (assuming they would stay)

Trippier (obvs)
Joe
Wilson
Wood
Lewis
Fede
Murphy
Willock
Fraser

The rest I would ship out.  But IMO that's unrealistic.  That's a MASSIVE overhaul. 

• Like 1