Eddie Howe

Tom

I’m pretty sure they’ll have no trouble making new friends up here.

” Hi , I’m ***** Howe”

” Is your Dad Eddie Howe?”

” Yes”

” Stick with me, I’ll show you round, introduce you to the Darras Massive.
Have you met my sister?”

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m pretty sure they’ll have no trouble making new friends up here.

” Hi , I’m ***** Howe”

” Is your Dad Eddie Howe?”

” Yes”

” Stick with me, I’ll show you round, introduce you to the Darras Massive.
Have you met my sister?”

I'm not quite sure why you put the stars in there?

everybody knows eddie's lad is called rocky thrower.

• Haha 2

He’s the sort of coach who would relish working abroad I reckon…the only thing that would stop him from going to Real or Barca is unlimited cash here….he still might go though…they’re on a different level to NUFC….

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He’s the sort of coach who would relish working abroad I reckon…the only thing that would stop him from going to Real or Barca is unlimited cash here….he still might go though…they’re on a different level to NUFC….

England job offer is more likely in the short to medium term imo. I could see Southgate going after the World Cup even if he wins it. I don’t think he will win it like 

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

For now…

Yeah, there is that… Man City are more than a decade in and still haven’t won the European cup though…. add to that the general fuckin indifference towards them from at least the English football public….fair to say they’re disliked, but not many  outside the NW of England actively hate them, for all their wealth & superstar manager…signing Haaland might change sone if that I suppose…but I don’t think the likes of us or Man City will ever be a Real Madrid or a Liverpool etc regardless of what we win…

On 24/04/2022 at 11:42, Gemmill said:

I'm not sure England is for Howe. Seems like a bloke who relishes being on the training ground. That would befewand far between with England. 

Leave his beefwand out of it man.  

• Haha 3

With Eddie Howe, Newcastle is getting 1'68 points per game in Premier League. This means that in 38 games in the regular season he was proyection to get 63-64 points. 

With 64 points, in the lasts seasons, the team finish in:

2020-2021: 7th (Conference League, the Top Four was in 67 points)

2019-2020: 5th (Europa League, the Top Four was in 66 ponits).

2018-2019: 7th (Europa League, the Top Four was in 71 points)

2017-2018:  6th (Europa League, the Top Four was in 75 points)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

With Eddie Howe, Newcastle is getting 1'68 points per game in Premier League. This means that in 38 games in the regular season he was proyection to get 63-64 points. 

You'd think he could maintain this next season with 2-3 quality additions that we can expect in the summer. Would be unreal if we got back into Europe as early as next season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

You'd think he could maintain this next season with 2-3 quality additions that we can expect in the summer. Would be unreal if we got back into Europe as early as next season.

Agree. Is very hard to maintain this because really the currently squad is not for getting 60 points. 

The best thing I see is that the winter transfers really haven't really meant much. I mean. Targett have been amazing, but he is on loan. Next season we get Targett again or another, probably with the same or better level. Burn have been very good. But is not a player for thinking in Top6. He is very good for us and I love him, but probably we need someone better. Trippier really only played 4-5 matches an later the injury.

Bruno has started to be starter in the last weeks and Wood... Ok. He is acceptable to improve players like Murphy, Almiron o Willock. But Really He is playing just for the Wilson injury.

If you can get a good CB, a good LB. a decent playmaker (Paqueta, please) and more players for the bench. And Wilson and Trippier recovery to his best form, the team would be very competitive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Agree. Is very hard to maintain this because really the currently squad is not for getting 60 points. 

The best thing I see is that the winter transfers really haven't really meant much. I mean. Targett have been amazing, but he is on loan. Next season we get Targett again or another, probably with the same or better level. Burn have been very good. But is not a player for thinking in Top6. He is very good for us and I love him, but probably we need someone better. Trippier really only played 4-5 matches an later the injury.

Bruno has started to be starter in the last weeks and Wood... Ok. He is acceptable to improve players like Murphy, Almiron o Willock. But Really He is playing just for the Wilson injury.

If you can get a good CB, a good LB. a decent playmaker (Paqueta, please) and more players for the bench. And Wilson and Trippier recovery to his best form, the team would be very competitive.

I'm guessing top half or top 8 may be a realistic target for next season, top 6 might be a stretch too far for now. Plus then you'd like to establish a side that can actually stay top 8. There's been a lot of sides that havent been able to do that in recent years. 

You don't think we need a forward? Especially with Wilson's injury record? Based on our January targets and the state of the squad I think CF will be a top priority followed by CB, play maker and LB. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I'm guessing top half or top 8 may be a realistic target for next season, top 6 might be a stretch too far for now. Plus then you'd like to establish a side that can actually stay top 8. There's been a lot of sides that havent been able to do that in recent years. 

You don't think we need a forward? Especially with Wilson's injury record? Based on our January targets and the state of the squad I think CF will be a top priority followed by CB, play maker and LB. 

I must say that Wilson is a player that I have never liked... Until I saw him play here. 

Obviously, if Wilson can't stay healthy, a striker needs to be signed. Because Wood is a player who has never scored more than 10-12 goals per season.

It is a very difficult decision because everything will depend on the striker you sign. If you can bring in someone like Dembele (Lyon) he is a player who will fight Wilson for the starting job.

The 'problem' is that if you bring in any striker, Wood will be left as a third option. And it has been quite an expensive investment to keep him out. And no other team is going to buy it for anything close to what it cost us.

A striker of Wood's style gives us a few more options and a bit more tactical flexibility, at the very least. Plus, I reckon he'd have probably known the crack when he signed; I bet he's not expecting to be a Newcastle United regular for much longer than these 6 months or so.

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

A striker of Wood's style gives us a few more options and a bit more tactical flexibility, at the very least. Plus, I reckon he'd have probably known the crack when he signed; I bet he's not expecting to be a Newcastle United regular for much longer than these 6 months or so.

Exactly. Over the next couple of years, if he can score 10 odd goals each season as the backup and tactical change option he will have been a good buy. You need to have these kind of options up front if targeting a top 8 finish. We will struggle with Wilson and Wood alone up front again, not that I think that will be the case come August. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Diego21 said:

In the past 29 seasons of the Premier League, 64pts is sufficient to get 6th on average and 5th 13/29. However, since the window closed (1 Feb) his PpG is 2.15, projecting 81.85pts across a 38 game season. Now, obviously I'd not expect that kind of form to continue, but it shows the upper limit for this group of players. 

And he's managed that without a reliable goal scoring forward that benefits most from this style of play. If Newcastle can sign a reliable goal scorer and add some quality to right wing and centre midfield, I don't think targeting top 8 is an unrealistic aim. However, given the nature of the task ahead, I wouldn't be disappointed with midtable and better football. By that I mean more possession, more fluidity, closer to the game against Norwich and further from the games against Crystal Palace or Leicester. 

• Like 4

Aye that’s a really key point, for as well as we’ve done there’s not loads of goals in the side due to the weakness (or lack of clinical finishing) of the front line. Next season is going to be fucking brilliant isn’t it :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye that’s a really key point, for as well as we’ve done there’s not loads of goals in the side due to the weakness (or lack of clinical finishing) of the front line. Next season is going to be fucking brilliant isn’t it :lol: 

almost as brilliant as your new avatar :lol:

• Haha 2