Eddie Howe

Tom

Happy birthday CT. From the biggest WUM on the board to much-loved cult hero - the biggest turnaround since Joelinton turned into the new Patrick Vieria. Finally getting the hang of this message board lark 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

42 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Happy birthday CT. From the biggest WUM on the board to much-loved cunt hero - the biggest turnaround since Joelinton turned into the new Patrick Vieria. Finally getting the hang of this message board lark 

Such a lovely message spoiled by a typo. I fixed it though. 

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Also CT, you have to make a Denise Squelch mug with this on it. 10% royalties to me and MF for the idea. Be a best seller. 

image.png.8270cdea97cd8793d9c8947c4e4aee38.png

Just to piss Renton off a bit, when I was nuts deep in French clunge , the nearest Vietnamese served sake in little clay cups which had a lens in the bottom. 
When you took a drink you’d see the lens, look at it, and be confronted by a picture in the base of a full on, split-beaver, oriental lady of loose morals. 

Do this with Ms. Squelch and I’ll buy one. :lol:

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When you took a drink you’d see the lens, look at it, and be confronted by a picture in the base of a full on, split-beaver, oriental lady of loose morals. 

Do this with Ms. Squelch and I’ll buy one. :lol:

team america vomit GIF

That pegging mug is superb 🤣

There's a lad in the office (the dipper) who keeps telling us his bird wants to peg him. So we keep leaving clothes pegs on his keyboard and monitors etc and it's really pissing him off 🤣

• Haha 8

31 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

That pegging mug is superb 🤣

There's a lad in the office (the dipper) who keeps telling us his bird wants to peg him. So we keep leaving clothes pegs on his keyboard and monitors etc and it's really pissing him off 🤣

Should probably leave some KY as well 

Sex Ed Hannah GIF by HannahWitton

• Haha 3

The latest TF episode is a local journos live panel (Hope, Edwards, Downie, Douglas). Anyway, Edwards is talking about Howe and they're talking about how modest he is and how he would hate listening to all the praise he's getting from them for the way he's handled the season and the injury situation etc.

Then as an aside Edwards recounts a story one of the coaching staff told him. Apparently Howe's wife has been complaining that they never do anything together in Newcastle. So Eddie takes her to a garden centre. For lunch. :lol: He's some boy.

• Haha 9

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The latest TF episode is a local journos live panel (Hope, Edwards, Downie, Douglas). Anyway, Edwards is talking about Howe and they're talking about how modest he is and how he would hate listening to all the praise he's getting from them for the way he's handled the season and the injury situation etc.

Then as an aside Edwards recounts a story one of the coaching staff told him. Apparently Howe's wife has been complaining that they never do anything together in Newcastle. So Eddie takes her to a garden centre. For lunch. :lol: He's some boy.

they all came across as good lads other than Edwards, who u surprisingly was in the minority when he suggested top ten and a cup run is a good season for us 

35 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm surprised I haven't bumped into him then, I presume he's whisking the lucky lass off to Dobbies and I am forever being dragged in there for scones.

Edwards was alright before he allied himself too close to Bruce then went a bit nuts during covid about the takeover. He’s never quite stopped himself from being at odds with the fans since. He comes across as very unprofessional on social media at times too. He painted himself into a corner over the takeover stuff and his determination to prove he had the inside track. He just feel fucking stupid the way he went on about Staveley too on Twitter etc 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

He realised he got more clicks winding up a handful of chin dribblers in black and white shirts online TBF to the bloke. He knew that it would get him traffic and he was right.

Half of the shit he puts on there he knows is horse shit and gets him trending. Take the £50m transfer budget for instance. He had to have known that was bollocks before he put it on, but like clockwork some of our more moronic fans went ape shit.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I don't mind Edwards. He's not my cup of tea cos he fancies himself a bit of a cheeky cockney chappie, but I think he's alright.

nah, he's a cunt.

he was a cunt back in the early '00s when working for the journal and a massive apologist of the waster that was dyer.

he's a cunt now for all the reasons alex lists above.

and he'll still be a cunt on the day he departs this mortal coil.

simple as that really.

Edited by thebrokendoll

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

He realised he got more clicks winding up a handful of chin dribblers in black and white shirts online TBF to the bloke. He knew that it would get him traffic and he was right.

Half of the shit he puts on there he knows is horse shit and gets him trending. Take the £50m transfer budget for instance. He had to have known that was bollocks before he put it on, but like clockwork some of our more moronic fans went ape shit.

I think there’s two slightly different things here. Gloom works in the sector and he said organisations like the Telegraph will have strict guidelines in place re: their journalists and social media. And that the sort of slanging matches he got into on Twitter would’ve contravened them. And likely resulted in warnings and potential disciplinary action. If we take that to be true, he still couldn’t help himself. If you’re in his position and you’re straying into career threatening behaviour then that’s pretty fucking odd imo. 
With the £50m budget stuff, you might be giving him too much credit in terms of his knowing it was shite. Either way though, it was clearly info fed by the club for the club’s benefit. Whilst that doesn’t make him seem that credible to me, it’s at least the the sort of stuff driving traffic to the Telegraph and an article he’s written. Much more normal and very much part of his job. 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: Eddie Howe, one of us. Never listening but trying his best to salvage it anyway 

• Haha 5