Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Exactly, whilst we all still consider the Saudi League to be a bit of a joke, they don't, so they aren't about to belittle themselves by loaning out players whom they have just spent big money luring there.

We just have to be patient. Last season was amazing, but that's not going to be possible this season, so we'll have to be shrewd in summer and come at 24/25 domestic season hard.

Reality Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

patient? 

i-want-it-all-i-want-it-now.gif

• Haha 5

Just now, OTF said:

It's a controversial opinion but with Joelinton out injured there's a job here that Hayden's experience could be valuable for - rubbing down big Joe's quads during recovery and thereafter pre and post match.

Larry David Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

patient? 

i-want-it-all-i-want-it-now.gif

We demand a club that tries. And also wins.

• Haha 5

On 04/11/2023 at 05:26, wykikitoon said:

@trophyshyupdate title petal to Jan '24 

Apparently we're after Atalanta midfielder Teun Koopmeiners

I am still waiting for a bid. What a beauty he would be in that role.

• Haha 1

Palhinha would be the perfect signing.

Hopefully we can bin off the Lewis Hall deal. He might end up a good player but Eddie clearly doesn’t trust him and we can’t waste valuable FFP money on potential. 

We are a bruno injury from disaster so I think we need to roll the dice in Jan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Palhinha would be the perfect signing.

Hopefully we can bin off the Lewis Hall deal. He might end up a good player but Eddie clearly doesn’t trust him and we can’t waste valuable FFP money on potential. 

We are a bruno injury from disaster so I think we need to roll the dice in Jan.

Palinha is going to be off somewhere massive this summer.

Bayern got priced out of him this month but thats the level 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

Palinha is going to be off somewhere massive this summer.

Bayern got priced out of him this month but thats the level 

Bayern refused to pay £60m according to Romano. Ditching the ~40m from Hall should surely give us the wiggle room for that.

But, aye. It doesn’t even look like we’ll get Europa Conference football so our appeal is ebbing away.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 10:23, OTF said:

It's a controversial opinion but with Joelinton out injured there's a job here that Hayden's experience could be valuable for - rubbing down big Joe's quads during recovery and thereafter pre and post match.

I see that Hayden’s loan has been terminated. Probably more to do with him not getting a kick in Belgium but if we’ve no one else coming in then he could be an extra body.

Just now, ewerk said:

I see that Hayden’s loan has been terminated. Probably more to do with him not getting a kick in Belgium but if we’ve no one else coming in then he could be an extra body.

Larry David Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

Hayden :lol: He was shite when he was good. Mind, remember Bruce trying him as the most advanced midfielder? You can laugh about it now but dear me.

Didn’t Murphy get a similarly long contract to Hayden? That’s worked out OK since he’s become a decent option but at the time, it was more lunacy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Hayden :lol: He was shite when he was good. Mind, remember Bruce trying him as the most advanced midfielder? You can laugh about it now but dear me.

Didn’t Murphy get a similarly long contract to Hayden? That’s worked out OK since he’s become a decent option but at the time, it was more lunacy

Hayden actually was quite attack minded when he came here. After a while he was good for making physical tackles in which he injured himself. Doesn't have the body to handle the physical type of game he played. 

54 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Hayden is still the greatest player of all time at sliding tackles. No one can change my mind.

Paul Dummet has left the chat 

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Paul Dummet has left the chat 

As well he should. Hayden makes him look like a moderately gifted amateur at best when it comes to the art of sliding tackles.

4 hours ago, Dazzler said:

As well he should. Hayden makes him look like a moderately gifted amateur at best when it comes to the art of sliding tackles.

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Considering he fucking plays for them this is a massive shock

Apparently Spurs are now interested in him though 

Screenshot_2024-01-14-19-50-13-78_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Spurs are one of the many clubs £1bn in debt who can seemingly spent freely in the name of solvency & “fair play” .

The whole thing is starting to feel like a con. We might be better off throwing some money at some evil lawyers & challenging legal side of FFP. 

It’s a fucking joke.

• Like 5