o'neil's salubrious playground of the dorset uber wealthy v howe's scally infested coop of decapitated fowl

thebrokendoll

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Possibly the cup final? We’re usually an aggressive team who battle and go in for every loose ball, but recently that’s ground to a halt and maybe it’s fear of injury ahead of the final. 

There was mention of that in the pre match presser. One more game (praying for us to beat Scousers though). 

Just now, Howay said:

Possibly the cup final? We’re usually an aggressive team who battle and go in for every loose ball, but recently that’s ground to a halt and maybe it’s fear of injury ahead of the final. 

I really fucking hope that isn't the case because it doesn't work like that, you can't just turn our aggression on and off like that. I hate to say it, I just don't think we're good enough without Guimares and the stats fully bear this out. We all know Howe got the absolute maximum out of us and made us more than the sum of our parts, but its not sustainable without the keystone.

However, not all is lost. Liverpool is the perfect match for us to become aggressive and raise our game, setting the scene for Bruno's return against the manc scum. Also important to realise we didn't lose, and Spurs did, badly. We still have a game in hand, and our defence is still good. We live to fight again. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

We're bang average without Bruno. I've felt very down about the team since the second half of the semifinal. Will we have enough to crawl over the line in fourth? Looking increasingly unlikely when we can't beat teams this bad. 

Aye, we havent looked like a Champions League team in months. The results of teams around us gives you hope though, it's a tough league. If this is our bad patch and we're still managing to stick onto 4th spot, can't be the worst thing. 

Its the lack of spark in the final third that is the glaring problem. Bruno the idiot coming back will help. Isak seemed off it today but he always looks like he could explode at any moment. Needs match sharpness imo he hasn't been able to get a good run in the team.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

That’s what I think, too. Said it during the first half. First team players seem to be focused on the final and don’t want to miss it. I think it’s comparable to the approach from players you can see in pre season friendlies or especially in international friendlies ahead of major competitions.

It does show that our lack in depth because we don’t really have competition for places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

How can the ref take a bloke who is slapping the floor in fake pain serious? :lol: fucking hell man

Ref was atrocious, I don't rate him at all.

26 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

We'll get eaten alive next two games, playing like that, Scouse bastards may not be playing well but they do have quality.

After how well we've done we couldn't have got these two cunts at a worse time. I'm already fearing the worst tbh particularly if the injuries rack up.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It genuinely sounded like the crowd was on the verge of laughter at that run. :lol:

A proper "what's this cunt doing" murmur about the place. 

It did bring a smile to my face, and he actually didn't turn it over at the end.

forrest gump GIF

• Haha 3

I was really hoping we'd give them a good hiding today but we badly miss Bruno in midfield and the same problem as last week,giving the ball away way too much and nobody bossing the middle.......Next two games are a worry as we show no sign of ending this poor run

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

@LongTimeAdmirer

your mate maxi..... that bizarre run he did from one side of the pitch to the other along the entire length of the 18 yard box....

I'm sure you'd have to agree, there's never been a more headless chook?

fucking shite all round, was actually disappointed with our support too. very quiet.

our last of run of draws was only punctuated by a loss..... to liverpool.  :(

Saint Maxim with a bizarre run you say??

24zqdm.jpg

did see lots of HC things from AG though , as always.

image.png.290305d4ae22bc6f9a48b061f3d63cea.png

AG with another trash game.

Is Targett injured? Playing Burn as LB needs to end straight away. 

Cant wait for bruno to be back again

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Jaysus... 1

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Our lot didn’t want that. 2 months back we’d have been all over them like a rash bullying them, but today we waited for turnovers and looked completely flat. It’ll be like this until Bruno is back. We needed to buy central midfielders tbh. 

100%

Failing to replace Shelvey is what will stop us getting top 4. We’ve got some good midfielders but zero depth so they all have to play every minute and are knackered.

Still fancy us to beat Liverpool. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Still fancy us to beat Liverpool. 

Hope you’re right but it’s been my feeling for weeks that those cunts will turn it on against us then revert back to being a shower of shite for every fucker else. 

Big Joe is only one yellow away from missing the final now too so that’ll be interesting to see how he plays against the dippers. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Hope you’re right but it’s been my feeling for weeks that those cunts will turn it on against us then revert back to being a shower of shite for every fucker else. 

Big Joe is only one yellow away from missing the final now too so that’ll be interesting to see how he plays against the dippers. 

Yellow card suspensions only apply to the league.

• Like 4

So fucking depressing the points we’ve dropped of late. Playing our normal way in our last 2 games would have us level with City, not to mention all the other missed opportunities.

Such a sloppy spineless performance with hardly anyone playing as well as they can.

FFS

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So fucking depressing the points we’ve dropped of late. Playing our normal way in our last 2 games would have us level with City, not to mention all the other missed opportunities.

Such a sloppy spineless performance with hardly anyone playing as well as they can.

FFS

frustrating but also worth remembering where we were this time last year. 

• Like 1

It's obvious oppositions have decided to sit deep against us but at the same time we've turned into a pedestrian team, more concerned with possession stats than what we are actually doing with the ball.

Too many hiding, as others have said, maybe they have the cup final at the back of their mind but you cannot just turn form on and off to suit.

I also worry that Bruno, although he will be back for the final, won't be match fit and we can't afford that.

As for Maxi, he's done. He cannot seem to get his head around what is required to be both part of this team and his natural footballing self. For a man that claims high intelligence, he's extremely dumb.

But for LTA's sake, I did enjoy his best moment was the result of combining with Gordon, the irony.

They need to get their heads right and quick, it would be our wildest dreams to finally win a cup but the whole season cannot rest on that one game.

• Like 2

There’s some dummies being spat out here mind. 

I understand we have been brilliant all year, and this is a down turn in form but less than 12 months ago we were properly abject. Yeah we have some draws that we should have won. There are reasons to criticise (not scoring enough).

The hyperbole being employed tonight is absolutely mental. Get a grip of yourselves.

13 minutes ago, strawb said:

There’s some dummies being spat out here mind. 

I understand we have been brilliant all year, and this is a down turn in form but less than 12 months ago we were properly abject. Yeah we have some draws that we should have won. There are reasons to criticise (not scoring enough).

The hyperbole being employed tonight is absolutely mental. Get a grip of yourselves.

Aye, this run of “terrible” form has produced no losses. This is an absolute mile away from where we’ve been. I think people need to remember that, if we were to get 5th, it’s still an outrageous success for a side that is undergoing repairs as it’s hurtling at 100MPH.  These results are only frustrating because of the insane standards we set prior to the World Cup, we’re in an unreal position and could still win a cup yet

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, this run of “terrible” form has produced no losses. This is an absolute mile away from where we’ve been. I think people need to remember that, if we were to get 5th, it’s still an outrageous success for a side that is undergoing repairs as it’s hurtling at 100MPH.  These results are only frustrating because of the insane standards we set prior to the World Cup, we’re in an unreal position and could still win a cup yet

5th place would be a real pisser CL spot would put us miles ahead of schedule and money wise CL is worth tens of millions more than the Europa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Oh and I hate to point out, Leicester look a different team with Maddison back, opportunity missed?

I'd say there's every chance we're back in for him in the summer. We'd have loved him through this last run of games!

Hope the injury news on Willock, ASM and Miggy isn't bad. Can't afford to be starting Murphy ffs :lol: 

2 clear of Spurs with a game in hand, let's keep the faith boys. Bruno coming back soon, and Gordon looking good. Worst come to pass and we finish 5th/6th, still a pretty amazing season. Hopefully Spurs continue to be unpredictable shite and we sneak the CL spot.

Burn was an absolute shambles today. Real throwback to the days of Babayaro and Boumsong. As somebody said during the game, feel a bit sorry for him too as he's a CB. Teams have now clearly identified that weakness in the side, as well as figuring out how to setup against us. Over to you Eddie.

• Like 3

If we wanted Maddison and he wasn’t available (but is in the summer) then waiting rather than spending c. £60m for the sake of it was the right thing to do. Obviously that’s conjecture but it’s not exactly an unrealistic scenario 

• Like 2