Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

10 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

That guy Endo that they signed said something the other day that had me scratching my head a bit. Words to the effect of "I thought they had signed Caicedo, when I heard he signed for Chelsea I thought "there might still be a chance"".

Liverpool fans are all shitting the bed and screaming about Endo being a panic buy, but it looks like he was always in talks. If their current transfer policy is "neither of these guys sound like they want to sign for us, but we can still make Chelsea overpay on both when they probably only wanted one, so let's do that" then that's fine by me. 

If that's their transfer policy it's fucking stupid and self destructive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

If that's their transfer policy it's fucking stupid and self destructive.

I don't have a fucking clue what my point was there, looks like I was trying to make a joke of some kind that I'm assuming made sense to me in why whisky addled brain last night. 

That said, their transfer policy being stupid and self-destructive would be a good thing for the rest of the league. I don't personally think it is though, given their new German DoF I don't buy the whole "Endo was a panic buy" narrative especially after Endo's own comments but it is interesting that the two cunts that stumped up the money for Caicedo have previous beef from their baseball rivalry. I don't think it's that much of a reach to speculate there might have been a bit of a cock swinging contest going on.  

12 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

I don't have a fucking clue what my point was there, looks like I was trying to make a joke of some kind that I'm assuming made sense to me in why whisky addled brain last night. 

That said, their transfer policy being stupid and self-destructive would be a good thing for the rest of the league. I don't personally think it is though, given their new German DoF I don't buy the whole "Endo was a panic buy" narrative especially after Endo's own comments but it is interesting that the two cunts that stumped up the money for Caicedo have previous beef from their baseball rivalry. I don't think it's that much of a reach to speculate there might have been a bit of a cock swinging contest going on.  

I doubt Endo was a panic buy, but I don't doubt he wasn't first, second or third choice for that position. The way he reportedly plays doesn't seem to mesh with what you'd expect from a Klopp side, they've usually played with one or two players in that 6 position. To control and create from deep. Endo isn't that.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I doubt Endo was a panic buy, but I don't doubt he wasn't first, second or third choice for that position. The way he reportedly plays doesn't seem to mesh with what you'd expect from a Klopp side, they've usually played with one or two players in that 6 position. To control and create from deep. Endo isn't that.

I hope he was a panic buy, I hope he's shit but most of all I hope we beat these cunts on Sunday mainly because of their prick of a manager.

'Endo fuckin' story'

begbie.jpg

• Haha 8

On 22/08/2023 at 21:43, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

There’s a young chap of African origin playing for PSV called Sambo. 

Does he wear the number 5? 

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, strawb said:

Just looked at the fixtures this weekend, apart from us and the scousers to call them uninspiring would be generous.

Are you serious? How the fuck have you missed the Jimmy Hill cup final, Coventry City v Sunderland? Be there or be square, marra. :good:

• Thanks 1