Eddie and Mad Dog's Snail-Like Slow As Fuck Starters v Ça plane pour Mappe, Ça plane pour Ekitike, Ça plane pour moi, moi, moi, moi, (Hou-hou-oou-oou!) ça plane pour PSG

sammynb

Well Im late to the reaction party of course. It fell in the middle of a mental day at work and I had it on on an extra screen at one side. Quite the mixed pot of feelings, wanting to smash in the faces of a couple of utter numpties holding down management level jobs while not being able to add 2 and 2 whilst feeling utterly euphoric at was was going on at Newcastle. 

We've all been saying this for a while but yesterday the feeling came up again in bounds and leaps, is this really happening and is this really NUFC? To have this group of insanely talented players who wear the shirt with so much pride, let by someone like Howe who not just leads with class but is proving to be a world class manager. 

The amount of special moments yesterday as well, it couldnt have been scripted better. Burn and Longy. Bruno's performance. I thought Tonali was outstanding in the first half too, the PSG midfield had absolutely zero chance. And that from Schar near the end, just unreal. 

Can't imagine the scenes around the city after the game, I assume not many went to work today :D 

• Like 7

The breaking bad one doing the rounds is quality too :lol: 

Need to set aside a few hours to go over every little piece of pre/post match analysis, reactions, memes and all the other shite social media self declared pundits/analysts have to offer for this. 

Tell you what anyone else a bit ticked off by this narrative from pundits and many neutrals that the difference was passion, hardwork beats talent etc etc. There was a lot pre-match about how we lack the quality at this level  and will try make up for it with enerygy and commitment. 

While obviously passion and commitment is at the heart of everything this team does, there are a lot of players that many have underestimated for a while now. A lot of premier league sides got trounced last season and 2 again already this year. Now add PSG to that list. At what point to people start thinking the likes of Longstaff, Schar, Miggy, Joe etc have some serious attributes and its not just plain graft. What do I care though, keep coming up here with an attiude like PSG's yesterday and have a nicely rolled creamy croissant shoved up yer arse. :finger:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Tonali was really up for it as well. He does also have a really good positional awareness.

He played some great passes through. Looked composed too. Hopefully he can start playing a little longer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatGinolaVolley said:

Bruno I thought was superbly disciplined last night.

Aye, he said after he’s been taking inspiration from one of the managerial greats.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ThatGinolaVolley said:

Great to see Tonali and Bruno both have an excellent game, after all those silly suggestions that they can’t play together.

Bruno I thought was superbly disciplined last night. Played one over ambitious pass near the start but was flawless from then on.

Except that one moment he took a swing at a PSG player in th first half.

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He played some great passes through. Looked composed too. Hopefully he can start playing a little longer. 

His quick pass and blocking cover for Burn’s goal.  

Good Food Wow GIF by For(bes) The Culture

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThatGinolaVolley said:

Great to see Tonali and Bruno both have an excellent game, after all those silly suggestions that they can’t play together.

Bruno I thought was superbly disciplined last night. Played one over ambitious pass near the start but was flawless from then on.

He was also trying to encourage PSG o give us more of a game by giving them a gentle slap on the head…

He was immense.

Incredible tactical discipline. We did always have two solid lines of defending. But especially Longstaff was spot o. In getting himself into the correct position once Bruno was trying to charge st players to win the ball. Tremendous.

• Like 1