General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Result. I've been having a long-term dispute with EDF, who fitted a smart meter which never worked and have been billing us based on pure guesswork ever since. Part of the deal with the ombudsman is that they will have to fit a working meter, and our bill will be backdated (3 years) use according to what we use from the next 3 months, starting in June. :) Sorry kids, I am going to switch the C/H off and live in darkness for 3 months this summer.  :lol:

• Haha 9

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Result. I've been having a long-term dispute with EDF, who fitted a smart meter which never worked and have been billing us based on pure guesswork ever since. Part of the deal with the ombudsman is that they will have to fit a working meter, and our bill will be backdated (3 years) use according to what we use from the next 3 months, starting in June. :) Sorry kids, I am going to switch the C/H off and live in darkness for 3 months this summer.  :lol:

Backdated across the most expensive period for energy in living memory, based on summer usage? That is a result and no mistake, nice :lol: 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

shit - is he coming home? i thought the yanks were stuck with him

Oops. Didn’t see this. I would say great minds but I would imagine the sentiment is virtually universal

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Backdated across the most expensive period for energy in living memory, based on summer usage? That is a result and no mistake, nice :lol: 

Plus some additional compensation apparently. Fish can add this as one of his life hacks. Give your provider enough rope to hang themselves, and then go get the ombudsman to get medieval on their arse. 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2023 at 07:59, wykikitoon said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65420400

Who told this fat cunt he could sing?  Who told him he was funny?

WHO FUCKING MADE HIM?!!

I fucking hate fake tears.

Regularly happens at work when someone leaves to get a new job and someone gives them a leaving speech and bursts into tears. They're not fucking dead! They've got a job a mile down the road ffs! Get a grip. 

I think I'm dead inside sometimes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Apparently Ed Sheeran will stop making music if he loses the current court case over copying Marvin Gaye’s music.

It’s debatable whether he ever started making music. However on behalf of music lovers everywhere, may I say please please please win for us Marvin….it’s the only thing that will save us from another 30 years of annoying but forgettable beige pop songs.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Kitman said:

Apparently Ed Sheeran will stop making music if he loses the current court case over copying Marvin Gaye’s music.

It’s debatable whether he ever started making music. However on behalf of music lovers everywhere, may I say please please please win for us Marvin….it’s the only thing that will save us from another 30 years of annoying but forgettable beige pop songs.

But he slept on Jamie Foxx couch.

MULTI MILLIONAIRE Jamie Foxx's COUCH!  The mother FUCKER is that RICH, he doesn't have a spare bedroom!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

But he slept on Jamie Foxx couch.

MULTI MILLIONAIRE Jamie Foxx's COUCH!  The mother FUCKER is that RICH, he doesn't have a spare bedroom!

He should’ve stayed on Jamie Foxx’s couch the boring bastard

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Kitman said:

He should’ve stayed on Jamie Foxx’s couch the boring bastard

He played Roundhay park near me.  Bro in law went with his wife.  It cost them £400!!!!!!

54 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He played Roundhay park near me.  Bro in law went with his wife.  It cost them £400!!!!!!

*gasp*

Highway robbery!

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Well I never!!! on the subject of plagiarism, this remind you of anything?

I dunno. Similar chord progression to Hotel California maybe? 

• Like 1

Jethro Tull was one talented bastard. Author of the agricultural revolution and talented folk musician, and now the inspiration behind Hotel Califronia apparently. 

• Haha 3