General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Top rate band 6 with shift allowance in the NHS has you balancing around £40k. Makes you wonder if there's any point in trying to move any further up the ladder if you are going to be taxed 40% on anything over that tbh

You can get 6k a year for shift all all allowance? Canny.

J69, you do realise you only get taxed 40% on your salary above the threshold, yes? If you are on 40k, you are on about £20 p/h pre tax, so will still be making £12 p/h after tax. More obviously on higher salaries. Is this an in sufficient inventive for you? Besides professional pride as well, obviously.

Baths are most unsatisfactory :( I have a shower every day but haven't had a bath for about 4 years (yes, that specific :lol:) I'm off work and the bairn is at daddy's so I thought I'd have a girlie evening, run a bath, chill out etc but it's just a hassle. It goes cold too quick and you can't wash your hair properly cos it's full of bubbles so I always end up having to rinse my hair under the shower anyway. Plus once you're in there - what do you do? :lol:

Baths are most unsatisfactory :( I have a shower every day but haven't had a bath for about 4 years (yes, that specific :lol:) I'm off work and the bairn is at daddy's so I thought I'd have a girlie evening, run a bath, chill out etc but it's just a hassle. It goes cold too quick and you can't wash your hair properly cos it's full of bubbles so I always end up having to rinse my hair under the shower anyway. Plus once you're in there - what do you do? :lol:

Read a book?

Nooo, you can't have a bath if you're properly mucky cos you just sit in scummy water! :lol:

I've already had a shower earlier today, I mean I could do with relaxing in a steaming hot bath (with bubbles and the Les Mis soundtrack on for Dr Gloom) than I really need a clean.

_65603338_hamcross.jpg

That is a cross wrapped in ham ( :lol: )which has been used as an anti-Muslim device. Reminded me of someone who used to post on here. The thought of the absurd racist twat putting this thing together, tongue hanging out the corner of his mouth as he carefully wraps the ham round it, shovelling the odd slice into his mouth, before proudly holding the finished article aloft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...mshire-21265496

Edited by Gemmill

You can get 6k a year for shift all all allowance? Canny.

J69, you do realise you only get taxed 40% on your salary above the threshold, yes? If you are on 40k, you are on about £20 p/h pre tax, so will still be making £12 p/h after tax. More obviously on higher salaries. Is this an in sufficient inventive for you? Besides professional pride as well, obviously.

I'm not on top 6 yet. I do 3 x 13 hour shifts including most Sundays which are time and 2/3rds and my fair share of nights which are time and 1/3rd. Add in the odd OT shift and its around £6k on top of my base salary.

Band 7s in Urgent Care tend to be office hours so they lose all enhancements. Most of our Band 5s come out with higher wages than our manager. Fuck that for a bit of professional pride. Maybe when the H&SC Bill gets burned by Labour ill consider trying to move up the ladder

This is why the NHS is so fucked up paying extra wages for working Sundays ffs.

Aye that's why. It's not frontline services being cut or anything :lol:

Lewishham hospital is battling to keep its maternity and a&e wards. I already know of two people that had to have babies at home without a midwife because maternity units were full - that was with two local hospitals operational. And one of the local ones is being shut, with birth rates in the area massively rising.

Not to mention all the people that will die that might have been saved if the a&e unit goes.

Tory arseholes

This is why the NHS is so fucked up paying extra wages for working Sundays ffs.

Are for fucking real, CT? :lol:

Do you think employers should not have to pay workers overtime rates or shift allowances for working Sundays/nightshifts etc?

No wonder this countries fucked with when you have 'the man in the street' sucking it up, swallowing and thanking them for it.

I like your presence on this board, mate but Fucking hell, man. :lol:

Honestly, time and a half / double time went missing out of most of the private sector years ago.

In a 24/7 operation like the NHS why should you get paid more for working a Sunday than a Saturday.

Its totally outdated and just another way to fleece the public purse.

Honestly, time and a half / double time went missing out of most of the private sector years ago.

In a 24/7 operation like the NHS why should you get paid more for working a Sunday than a Saturday.

Its totally outdated and just another way to fleece the public purse.

Complete horse shit. I've NEVER worked anywhere other than the private sector, I've worked at several different companies and have NEVER worked any unsociable shift pattern without some kind of enhancement. Single time for a Sunday night? Aye, righto boss! :lol: