José Enrique

Baggio

I remember when I went to spurs away I was very impressed by him. Quicker than he looks, strong, and very determined, his left foot is also quite sweet. I have a feeling all that spanish speaking lot could really gel together, Fab, Jose and Jonas! vamos!

Replace Duff with the Zogmeister in all matches I say.

edit; to accommodate Enrique and to lessen the amount of defensive duties Zoggy has to deal with.

I presume you are talking about when Duff plays wide left rather than up front where he did today, if so, where do you put Gutierrez ?

edit; to accommodate Enrique and to lessen the amount of defensive duties Zoggy has to deal with.

I presume you are talking about when Duff plays wide left rather than up front where he did today, if so, where do you put Gutierrez ?

What a nice problem to have tbh. It's finally good to have a few good quality options to choose from.

I was referring to both positions really if Duff is playing (I'm not a fan of his), obviously Duff won't be getting any games up front when Owen/Viduka are back though... basically I'd love to have N'Zogbia on one wing and Gutierrez on the other.

I was referring to both positions really if Duff is playing (I'm not a fan of his), obviously Duff won't be getting any games up front when Owen/Viduka are back though... basically I'd love to have N'Zogbia on one wing and Gutierrez on the other.

There's a few differences between Gutierrez and N'Zogbia in the way that they play. N'Zogbia could learn a LOT from the Argentine (and yes I'm basing this off having seen Gutierrez play a grand total of three matches).

Gutierrez will only take on an opposing player if the situation presents itself.

N'Zogbia will take on an opposing player almost everytime he gets it.

Gutierrez is working for the final product. He gets past a defender to make a quality pass.

N'Zogbia is working for the the play. He gets past a defender to try to get past another defender to get a shot off.

Gutierrez can make a long pass.

N'Zogbia's on field vision isn't even looking for long pass options.

Gutierrez really values possession. If he takes on a defender he does it in a way that is unlikely to allow them to disposses him.

N'Zogbia will force the issue. He'll try to just get past a defender, meaning that they'll have a good chance to nick the ball.

The skills are all there for N'Zogbia to be an excellent attacking exponent, however currently I think he's too one dimensional. Bringing in a player like Gutierrez will only help him develop. I don't think he'll gain much from Duff, who seems to be stuck in a rut and playing in a similar manner to N'Zogbia.

This post was largely off topic. I really don't want to see N'Zogbia played out of position at left back again. He's good there in attack, but is a liability in defense. Lets work on Enrique's ability to get forward (which I don't think is that poor to be honest, he just doesn't have the ability to move with the ball at a pace like N'Zogbia does). I'm a big fan of Enrique's.

• 2 weeks later...

Barring 1 mistake i was impressed with Enrique throughout in both defence and attack and i hope this sees him back at LB where he should be in the team freeing Zog up to play further forward.

And as people have said if that ball had been played by a player for the "big 4" they'd be banging on about it still!

Yeah, best pass of the match. I thought he was just hoofing it clear and had no idea that he'd spotted Owen's run on the far side. Genius.

His defending wasnt too shabby either.

Yeah, best pass of the match. I thought he was just hoofing it clear and had no idea that he'd spotted Owen's run on the far side. Genius.

His defending wasnt too shabby either.

so did he :)

Enrique had an excellent game. We've known for a while that he can put in those sort of long accurate balls. He also made a couple of very good tackles, where he not only stopped the opposiing player, but also came away with the ball in his possession. He should be back in the side for sure IMO. Stick Zog in at left mid, and switch Jonas to the right side (where he has played plenty of Football). Milner was good in a more advanced role today, and with our shortage of forwards at the moment he's a viable option to fill in.

he was pretty good offensively all game tonight, and that ball was excellent. he made a few mistakes defensively, but he had the stregnth and ability to win the ball back (usually). not sure he could do that in the PL though, i think he would have been punished more. was good defensively as well mind, discounting 2-3 mistakes.

Guthrie and Milner should start in the middle together next match imo

Yes because that would offer us loads of protection away at Arsenal.

Loving your new av 2Jeeps.

Have you watched the documentary mate? Took me a while to get hold of but it's absolutely fantastic.

Guthrie and Milner should start in the middle together next match imo

Yes because that would offer us loads of protection away at Arsenal.

Loving your new av 2Jeeps.

Have you watched the documentary mate? Took me a while to get hold of but it's absolutely fantastic.

PM. :)