Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe the Sam lovers are now implying our hastiness to get rid has now burdened us with Mike Baldwin, he was only sacked an hour ago. :razz:

Seems to me they're a little bitter ;)

Bitter that we've sacked someone without another manager lined up, and are apparently going down official channels for a non-foreign manager? Not bitter, just thoroughly disappointed.

So, judging from the bookies who have Shearer, Venables, Keegan and McLaren down as the British managers with the best odds who would you take out of them?

More to the point if the club's already restricting themselves to British coaches who else is there apart from those four? Redknapp? Curbishley? Hughes? None of those seem likely, well, maybe Hughes is a possibility but would he deliver the type of football wanted?

Some bloke on SSN said something about having Keegan as manager with Shearer as number two, would that work? It might but I don't like the idea of a manager being forced in to taking an assistant not of his choice.

I'd take the Ebola virus instead ;)

Can't believe the Sam lovers are now implying our hastiness to get rid has now burdened us with Mike Baldwin, he was only sacked an hour ago. :razz:

Bitter that we've sacked someone without another manager lined up, and are apparently going down official channels for a non-foreign manager? Not bitter, just thoroughly disappointed.

Source? Is that definite ITK stuff

Talk about me and Jimbo jumping the gun

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Source?

We'll see what happens then eh?

Haven't read the thread as I only found out 5 mins ago and just want to type randomly.

This seems strange after what looked like genuine backing - my hope is that that means they have someone worth doing something as daft as this for.

Yes, despite my vehement anti-Allardyce stance I think sacking now with nobody lined up is worse than waiting out the season.

I heard the "british" comment on SSN and cringed as I thought of McLaren, Moyes, Redknapp, Strachan and Bruce - hope this is a smokescreen.

I'd echo that statement.

Have you forgotten starting an Official Allardyce Out thread about a month ago? :razz:

Allardyce gets the shit for not playing the team you wanted him too, and now the Chairman gets it for not sacking him the way you wanted him to. ;)

My bile was aimed at getting Ashley to act in both ways - as I said a better replacement is the ideal.

I'm thinking it's Mourinho now.

I think the comment about the "foreign" manager was that they club are not looking abroad.

We'd have to go through the right channels because Mourinho cannot manager another club until summer, unless negotiated with Chelsea.

Get your money on him.

;) I never had you down as delusional! :razz:

;)

Steve Coppell

I think the comment about the "foreign" manager was that they club are not looking abroad.

We'd have to go through the right channels because Mourinho cannot manager another club until summer, unless negotiated with Chelsea.

Get your money on him.

I'll try to kid myself as well. The decisions looks rather hasty considering the circumstances - Allardyce looking still very much in the job at 5pm. So they probably were working/sounding out things behind the scenes and got clear signals to be able to move for a top man they really want thus acting and now moving to tie things up through "the right channels".

But then - this is Newcastle. We don't do "planning", we only do laughing stocks...

Can't believe the Sam lovers are now implying our hastiness to get rid has now burdened us with Mike Baldwin, he was only sacked an hour ago. ;)

Source?

Yip!

Can't help feeling that some on here would love to see us lumbered with Baldwin just so they can say 'I told you so', and be king of a internet message board for a day, then spend the next six months giving it the big one. :razz:

Can't believe the Sam lovers are now implying our hastiness to get rid has now burdened us with Mike Baldwin, he was only sacked an hour ago. ;)

Source?

Yip!

Can't help feeling that some on here would love to see us lumbered with Baldwin just so they can say 'I told you so', and be king of a internet message board for a day, then spend the next six months giving it the big one. :razz:

Well I've already said I won't be renewing if it's McClaren, so I certainly won't be taking any pleasure from it. Doubt anyone would tbh.

Get your money on him.

I'll try to kid myself as well. The decisions looks rather hasty considering the circumstances - Allardyce looking still very much in the job at 5pm. So they probably were working/sounding out things behind the scenes and got clear signals to be able to move for a top man they really want thus acting and now moving to tie things up through "the right channels".

But then - this is Newcastle. We don't do "planning", we only do laughing stocks...

Thats exactly what I think about it all. The club seemed to be behind him and was even making attempts to sign some of his targets over the last week or so. As you say surely the only logical thing (which is hard to believe at this club) is that we have been given the green light by someone.

Get your money on him.

I'd add the stuff about Ashley wanting the title within 5 years into the delusional mix - sure that rules out nearly all the desperate fuckers?

I am well pissed off and confused, i couldnt believe it when i got a text from a mate and turned on SSN to see what has happened, fancy this happening with our next match at old trafford and a pretty tough programme coming up, we need a top class manager who likes attacking fluent football and knows which position to play the players in, fucking hell i feel sick, this could gan tits up big style.

Haven't read the thread as I only found out 5 mins ago and just want to type randomly.

This seems strange after what looked like genuine backing - my hope is that that means they have someone worth doing something as daft as this for.

Yes, despite my vehement anti-Allardyce stance I think sacking now with nobody lined up is worse than waiting out the season.

I heard the "british" comment on SSN and cringed as I thought of McLaren, Moyes, Redknapp, Strachan and Bruce - hope this is a smokescreen.

I'd echo that statement.

Have you forgotten starting an Official Allardyce Out thread about a month ago? :razz:

Allardyce gets the shit for not playing the team you wanted him too, and now the Chairman gets it for not sacking him the way you wanted him to. ;)

No, I started the infamous "allardyce out" thread in recognition that we'd once again fucked up and appointed the wrong bloke, of course I wanted rid of the man, but to sack him without having a replacement smacks of poor handling.

Where has this bollocks about no foreign manager come from it is not in any official statement

I thought it was an official statement according to SSN

I am well pissed off and confused, i couldnt believe it when i got a text from a mate and turned on SSN to see what has happened, fancy this happening with our next match at old trafford and a pretty tough programme coming up, we need a top class manager who likes attacking fluent football and knows which position to play the players in, fucking hell i feel sick, this could gan tits up big style.

Were you expecting anything other than defeats and a double helping of shit football anyway?

Chin up