The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

Scott McDonald going to Boro is a good move for them...seen a bit of him when i was living in Glasgow, served him when i worked at USC and he's a bit of a knob like but in the games i've seen him at Park head he looks like a very good attacking midfielder!

Shame we werent interested in him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely hope we're looking for a different calibre of player in the summer (if we go up).

Doubt it.

All the noises before the window opened were about ensuring promotion and supporting the manger so he could compete once we went up.

Why leave everything until the summer anyway? You end up starting the season with a bunch of players that haven't got a clue how to gel so it takes 2 months of the season just to learn that?

I hate the idea of an overhaul with a better calibre, you have expensive players here just for the top flight football and if you lose a couple early on they have no heart for the fight cos they'll move on.

Not wanting to sound like Leazes, but in '93 it was around this time we were spending top flight money to sign Andy Cole (and Scott Sellars) to go alongside the cheaper players that had got us top of the league and could still do a job (Venison, Beresford, Lee, Bracewell). The biggest surprises on going up were the players we let go rather than who we signed. Only Beardsley integrated into the existing squad.

congratulations, but the first time you ever sounded like me and its by far the best post you have ever made.

You boring arrogant insular prick. :lol:

Shame he is a striker like. :lol:

Opportune striker who can poke or prod the ball home. Similar to Chopra but with a more hefty arse. I don't think he will do that well at Middlesbrough, particularly with the loss of Johnson. I'd like to be proved wrong though because ultimately Australia is very weak up front at the moment and we need as many forwards in form as possible (mind you when he has played for Australia he's been pretty poor, partly due to being misused by our manager).

Opportune striker who can poke or prod the ball home. Similar to Chopra but with a more hefty arse. I don't think he will do that well at Middlesbrough, particularly with the loss of Johnson. I'd like to be proved wrong though because ultimately Australia is very weak up front at the moment and we need as many forwards in form as possible (mind you when he has played for Australia he's been pretty poor, partly due to being misused by our manager).

For a midget, he's not quick enough.

Predominantly a midfielder who CAN play upfront.

Wrong

Aye clearly a striker who plays up front like. :lol:

OzToonFan has summed up my Celtic mates opinion of him perfectly.

Wrong

Maybe im wrong but from my time in glasgow and the 5 or so games i seen at park head he played in midfield...because they played kenny miller and hesselink upfront or samaras.

Shame he is a striker like. ;)

Wrong

Maybe im wrong but from my time in glasgow and the 5 or so games i seen at park head he played in midfield...because they played kenny miller and hesselink upfront or samaras.

No maybe about it.

Shame he is a striker like. ;)

Wrong

No maybe about it.

Whatever...but he DID play in midfield!

• 5 years later...

Heard Stewart Downing could be on his way to Newcastle, would be a good signing for the club i recon

Nominative Determinism

i pretty much forget transfer windows are even open or closed these days. a few years ago, i would be checking online and on ssn every day duriing the window to see if we'd signed anyone. now it's pretty much guaranteed we won't buy anyone, at least no one decent, so what's the point in getting your hopes up?

Well said that man.

I hope Charnley inhales weetabix dust at the breakfast table this morning.

No such luck. He offered 22p for the weetabix at morrisons but couldn't get it over the line.

• 1 year later...