Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

It worries me that we still don't seem to have any sort of tactic. We just sort of meander about games without any real direction, of course doing stuff like setting up to whip balls in from the wings and then playing Perez as lone striker don't help that. The team looks lost and by this point it should have at least a direction, he has had long enough to put his stamp on the side. Again though I'm not sure what else we could have expected appointing a bloke who got the sack from Derby County.

The entire team went out there without a clue or idea of tactics. It was a case of sending 11 men out and hoping they did their best and fluked a win. No sign of a managerial identity at all.

I've heard it all before though, and they don't come. I mentioned it before, so forgive me if you've heard it already.

Keegan was in Cayman last year and one of the questions was about NUFC managers, he was saying that anyone who sits with Ashley, especially as a foreign manager would run a mile. I think our choice of managers kind of backs that up.

Pardew - no chance of a decent premiership job

Carver - only opportunity he was ever going to get

McLaren - surprised he said yes, but the fact we asked him numerous times shows we had very little choice - again he's not had any recent premiership experience.

The entire team went out there without a clue or idea of tactics. It was a case of sending 11 men out and hoping they did their best and fluked a win. No sign of a managerial identity at all.

:lol: Aye, I mean it's barely in a formation anymore which was shown when Townsend was moved to right midfield after Mitro came on Sissoko was still stood out on the right side of midfield half the time. You see it when a player picks the ball up in our half, there's always a hesitation of where to go with it because we have no plan, meanwhile Everton constantly moved the ball to exploit the flanks and moved with purpose.

The commentator also mentioned Everton have conceded the 2nd most corners in the league, I wonder how much we looked into those corners they conceded and practiced corners...

I've never seen them play like that - the thing that stood out to me was the invisible 2 foot circle they seemed unable to pass around every opposition player.

They'd run to close down and then everytime stop 2 foot away , and Jonjo was actually turning and running off on a tangent! "Ricochet ?"