Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Who in?

Anybody. There's no longer doubt that this is on McClaren now. Not sure who can be brought in, but I am fairly certain he will take us down if not ushered out of the wheel house.

Sad thing is as soon as I saw the team last night I knew what was going to happen - "keep it tight" for half an hour, concede then make increasingly panicked subs in an effort to make a difference. It could have been under any of Allardyce, Kinnear, Pardew or Carver.

Nothings changed.

If you read back through the match thread a lot of people called it, we knew exactly how his negative tactics would pan out last night. Every game is like this now, he's no better than Pardew. He actually has a better team offensively than Pardew had aswell, he just doesn't know how to use them.

Fair enough the players aren't exempt because they should be fighting for everything regardless of position but you have to play to your strengths and positive to maximise players' capabilities and when they are regularly asked to play in the wrong position in a negative formation all threat is nullified. By their own manager. He gives the opposition far too much respect from the start of matches.

The times we've played on the front foot this season (Rarely), they look very dangerous with the pace in the team of Gini, Sissoko and Perez. Add Townsend and Doumbia to that now, Shelvey's creativity and we should be putting teams on the back foot every game. Instead the ginger fucking berk will sit 5 back in midfield, 1 up front and let the other team have the ball, dictate play, pick us off and win the game comfortably.

These aren't defensive players and they weren't bought to play in that position so why the fuck does he continue to play like this? The reason we were fucked last season is because they continued to play one up front even though it doesn't work for us. If he wanted to play so negatively he should have brought in more defensive players, but brought attacking players in which makes it all the more baffling.

McClaren needs to grow some balls and fucking quickly. So frustrating it's unbearable.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

If you read back through the match thread a lot of people called it, we knew exactly how his negative tactics would pan out last night. Every game is like this now, he's no better than Pardew. He actually has a better team offensively than Pardew had aswell, he just doesn't know how to use them.

Fair enough the players aren't exempt because they should be fighting for everything regardless of position but you have to play to your strengths and positive to maximise players' capabilities and when they are regularly asked to play in the wrong position in a negative formation all threat is nullified. By their own manager. He gives the opposition far too much respect from the start of matches.

The times we've played on the front foot this season (Rarely), they look very dangerous with the pace in the team of Gini, Sissoko and Perez. Add Townsend and Doumbia to that now, Shelvey's creativity and we should be putting teams on the back foot every game. Instead the ginger fucking berk will sit 5 back in midfield, 1 up front and let the other team have the ball, dictate play, pick us off and win the game comfortably.

These aren't defensive players and they weren't bought to play in that position so why the fuck does he continue to play like this? The reason we were fucked last season is because they continued to play one up front even though it doesn't work for us. If he wanted to play so negatively he should have brought in more defensive players, but brought attacking players in which makes it all the more baffling.

McClaren needs to grow some balls and fucking quickly. So frustrating it's unbearable.

More than once this season I've wondered what our squad would be like under Martinez or Ranieri or even Keegan - a manager willing to take the handbrake off and just go for it?

You have to play to your strengths and defence is not one of our strengths. I suppose attack isn't either. Then again any form of football doesn't even appear to be a strength.

Maybe everyone should just call it a day and go home.

More than once this season I've wondered what our squad would be like under Martinez or Ranieri or even Keegan - a manager willing to take the handbrake off and just go for it?

Norwich was that. Fuck being careful, lets headbutt them until one of us blacks out.

What is the point of spunking £80m on players but not spending £5m a season on a decent manager?

Precisely. People were saying we could not get a good manager, because there would be no money to spend, but here we are with one of the top-spending teams in the World, and we have a manager who was sacked by a club which could not even get promoted from the Championship.

I had real misgivings about McClaren when he was hired after been sacked by a lower tier club for not getting results, and now my fears have blossomed into nearing panic. There is no question about us having some talented players in the squad, and with the 4 additional players being added, 2 of them capped for England, we should have seen a better performance against Everton rather than the dismal showing we were subjected to. I think any manager with any sense or balls would have pulled Sissoko off as he was absolute rubbish, accomplishing nothing.

Granted the all players were at fault for under-performing other than Elliot and perhaps Saivet, but the majority of blame rests on McClaren's head.

Who in their right mind would play lightweight Perez as a lone striker against their big defenders, especially as a lone striker has never worked for us anyway. What did he hope to accomplish by putting Aaron's in at left-back. Why did he choose to play the in-experienced Lascell's ahead of Taylor.

If we lose to West Brom on Saturday I think McClaren should be fired on the spot. Never mind about a replacement, his assistant can be the caretaker which is what usually happens in dire situations.

My starting line-up would have been;

Elliot

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Dummmett

Shelvey

Sissoko Gini Townsend

Perez Mitrovic

Taylor would have replaced Mbemba and Saivet would have replaced Dummett. Aaron could have replaced Sissoko, playing on the left with Townsend switching to the right.

That's how I'd have set-up Noelie, I was concerned with his team selections earlier in the season but they've gotten even more alarming. His 5-3-2 wing-back formation the other week then that shitshow on Wednesday night. Ashley will predictably leave it until it's too late before he gets the sack. I'm getting to the point where I'm almost certain he'll take us down if he stays

well, I'm the black sheep again - I really think the teams improved since Carver / Pardew and it's going to take time (that we don't have). The expectation on the new signings is very alarming. All that said, yep his team selection and sub on Wednesday were just baffling.

I don't believe he's really got the say in who they buy in though, I think he's been appeased in the short term with Gino, Townsend , Shelvey - but other than that its the same policy and he's peddling the same Ashley friendly shit they all do, until they leave. Even Pardew has had some sideswipe comments about being able to buy who he wants.

well, I'm the black sheep again - I really think the teams improved since Carver / Pardew and it's going to take time (that we don't have). The expectation on the new signings is very alarming. All that said, yep his team selection and sub on Wednesday were just baffling.

Results haven't gotten any better. And who expected Townsend to be amazing. Everton have been playing gash too.

Ok, results haven't got better - but the playstyle is so much better (for much of the time) - I really mean the saying "I'd rather play football and lose" than play pardews tripe. Well, I'm getting better football and they are losing....

I've still got faith that things will improve in time, changing the manager is not going to help us avoid relegation, if anything it will guarantee it further. Our club is a shitshow now, run by a pack of feral fucking tory boys - whoever is boss seems mostly irrelevant, but changing them means them needing to bed in and try and convince the players to change training AGAIN. its all fucked, but Mclarens got us playing confident passing football at least 20% of the time, which is more than Pardew did in years.

Wow, end rant - step back son.