Tooj

26 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I always find the majority of the lasses on pundit duties have been class. They actually seem to have studied the teams and have a basic understanding of what's going on in front of them. I'll take that over a pair of dimwits like Rio and Owen like.

That said the lass that was commentating the women's world cup was fucking brain-dead.

I would agree with that. It says a lot about a lot of male, ex-pro pundits that their female counterparts are better just by doing their homework though. It’s your fucking (well remunerated) job 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

How was this, @Christmas Tree

Mint that Keegan and Howe are spending time in one another's company.

I was going to post about this last night but honestly, I just couldn’t think of words to do the night justice.

Keegan was his usual star studded majestic self. We were still queuing outside nearly an hour after we were meant to be in. Pete Graves came outside and explained “you know what he’s like, can’t just have his photo taken, he has to chat and joke on with everyone he meets” :lol:  Sure enough when we got to meet him he was there treating everyone like a long lost relative. The bloke is King Kev for good reason. 

First hour was just Kev and Pete graves. This is where it’s hard to do him justice. If you’ve ever spent time in his company or at one of these events you will know what I mean, if not, put it on your bucket list now.

He’s just a wonderful human wrapped up in genuine love for Newcastle the club and the fans (“We are his statue”) and so so funny. You feel a bit like a small child meeting Santa.

Eddie then joined KK for the second hour and it was just everything you could imagine it would be. Eddie was the most relaxed I’ve ever seen him and when not laughing with the rest of us at KK’s input, was a great listen in his own right. 

We even got Terry Mac on stage for a rendition of the Blaydon Races!

Definitely one of the best nights of my life. 

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I was going to post about this last night but honestly, I just couldn’t think of words to do the night justice.

Keegan was his usual star studded majestic self. We were still queuing outside nearly an hour after we were meant to be in. Pete Graves came outside and explained “you know what he’s like, can’t just have his photo taken, he has to chat and joke on with everyone he meets” :lol:  Sure enough when we got to meet him he was there treating everyone like a long lost relative. The bloke is King Kev for good reason. 

First hour was just Kev and Pete graves. This is where it’s hard to do him justice. If you’ve ever spent time in his company or at one of these events you will know what I mean, if not, put it on your bucket list now.

He’s just a wonderful human wrapped up in genuine love for Newcastle the club and the fans (“We are his statue”) and so so funny. You feel a bit like a small child meeting Santa.

Eddie then joined KK for the second hour and it was just everything you could imagine it would be. Eddie was the most relaxed I’ve ever seen him and when not laughing with the rest of us at KK’s input, was a great listen in his own right. 

We even got Terry Mac on stage for a rendition of the Blaydon Races!

Definitely one of the best nights of my life. 

Great stuff CT.

We need to see a pic of you and King Kev.  Mainly so we can photoshop it in the future. 

Edited by Holden McGroin

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:Did KK just keep screaming "YOU'RE NOT EVEN FUCKING SCOTTISH" in your face?

:lol: no he said “oh Kelso yeah me and Terry went to the races there when we played at Newcastle “

”Yeah we used to see you there, my mate Bruce’s dad was the starter” 

“wait a minute you sound Scottish, Kelso’s in England isn’t it?” 

“no the border is about 2 miles downstream at Carham, Kelso is just in Scotland “ 

“no it’s not!”

:lol:

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: no he said “oh Kelso yeah me and Terry went to the races there when we played at Newcastle “

“no the border is about 2 miles downstream at Carham, Kelso is just in Scotland “ 

“no it’s not!”

Different ex-Liverpool player but why am I getting a sense the conversation was a bit like this?

image.png.dd4f708860a161000936971861edc3f9.png

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It was never Tory till the SNP turned up :cuppa:

So it was never English until the Scottish National Party turned up? There's probably a joke in there somewhere but it's dinner time and I only have soup so I'm fucking raging.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Then it should have gone SNP instead of English.

It did in 2015, they got caught up in the strange wave of  nationalism after the referendum the year before. Then they realised that they’d been voting for closet Marxists and put the tories in. They’re not the brightest tbh :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

So it was never English until the Scottish National Party turned up? There's probably a joke in there somewhere but it's dinner time and I only have soup so I'm fucking raging.

See above ^

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

“no it’s not!”

I'm still laughing about this.  :lol:

Imagine meeting your hero and finding yourself caught up in this nonsense.  :lol:

Did you manage to say owt else or were you shuffled away by the Mrs?

8 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I'm still laughing about this.  :lol:

Imagine meeting your hero and finding yourself caught up in this nonsense.  :lol:

Did you manage to say owt else or were you shuffled away by the Mrs?

There was another yes/no exchange and my missus could see the way this was going so she came across, took the book he’d just signed from me and said “right let’s get a picture!” and proceeded to get us lined up for the shot and the mood dissipated back into joviality again :D 

I got the impression the problem was/is even for KK’s legendary common touch with ordinary punters he’s not used to being contradicted by us plebs, he wasn’t taking it, and because I knew I was on easily provable firm ground I wasn’t going to back down either… fair to say we’re both cunts in a way; the difference is he’s won the ballon d’or twice and I drive a white van with some light bulbs in the back of it 🤪

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.