Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

This thread is actually a testament to the idiocy ingrained in the English game. :)

If you want to play Hatem then you need two shuttling DM's (which we play every game anyway, sometimes three with Gouff spending the whole game in our half). The 2 DM's cover the full backs rather than the wide midfielder. When one DM goes out wide to cover then the other moves into the center and so on...I would also argue that Hazard has become less effective under Mourinho, his attacking stats have really dropped off over the last year or so. Blokes knackered running back. :lol:

The whole of last year Chelsea had real trouble scoring goals often against much weaker sides.

<------------Tiote..........Abeid----------->

.........................Ginge.........................

AM/F.......................................AM/F

.........................Striker........................

Edited by Park Life

Gouffran's "grafting" is apparently worth more to the side.

How depressing that that's the case

Ben Arfa total minutes in PL an EL for NUFC: 4648

Goals: 13

Assists: 11

Minutes per goal: ~357 (~4 games per goal)

Minutes per assist: ~422 (~4.7 games per assist)

Minutes per goal/assist: ~193 (~2.15 games per assist/goal)

Yoan Gouffran total minutes in PL for NUFC: 4740

Goals: 9

Assists: 4

Minutes per goal: ~527 (~5.85 games per goal)

Minutes per assist: ~1185 (~13.16 games per assist)

Minutes per goal/assist: ~364 (~4 games per goal/assist)

(Just stealing these from n-o, reference goes to Smal - ta, Smal)

Probably goes without saying, but you aren't really comparing like with like for Ben Arfa and Gouffran. Gouffran does track back, and does help out defensively (supposedly). To accurately measure their relative worth, you'd have to consider measuring those stats as well. Pardew might well argue that having Gouffran over Ben Arfa has won the side more points through solid defending.

I do of course accept that both players are attackers - and on that basis Ben Arfa is clearly superior - but taken overall for Pardew's style, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gouffran was a more valuable player to him.

Probably goes without saying, but you aren't really comparing like with like for Ben Arfa and Gouffran. Gouffran does track back, and does help out defensively (supposedly). To accurately measure their relative worth, you'd have to consider measuring those stats as well. Pardew might well argue that having Gouffran over Ben Arfa has won the side more points through solid defending.

I do of course accept that both players are attackers - and on that basis Ben Arfa is clearly superior - but taken overall for Pardew's style, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gouffran was a more valuable player to him.

For some wierd reason Pardew often gives scatty roles to players.

It is ludicrous to even try and compare HBA with Gouffran. One has a football brain the other ??????. As for defending if my life depended on it Gouffran wouldn't even be in my top 100. Like a number of French players Gouffran started off well but he soon realised that with a Manager like Pardew you do not have to maintain maximum effort so he didn't. His goals have dried up and as for defending the opposition must have a good laugh when he tries and fails miserably.

It;s more the system that is ingrained through all levels of the German setup plus the huge leap in technique in the new generation of German players. This 'hard work' stuff is just bollock we're fed in Eng. Withough skill and tactical overview 'hard work' get you nowhere.

It's both. Can't play the high pressing game that has served the club and national sides so well without the graft.

Ben Arfa total minutes in PL an EL for NUFC: 4648

Goals: 13

Assists: 11

Minutes per goal: ~357 (~4 games per goal)

Minutes per assist: ~422 (~4.7 games per assist)

Minutes per goal/assist: ~193 (~2.15 games per assist/goal)

Yoan Gouffran total minutes in PL for NUFC: 4740

Goals: 9

Assists: 4

Minutes per goal: ~527 (~5.85 games per goal)

Minutes per assist: ~1185 (~13.16 games per assist)

Minutes per goal/assist: ~364 (~4 games per goal/assist)

(Just stealing these from n-o, reference goes to Smal - ta, Smal)

It lacks the stats for amount of games won, if Pardew is right we should lose way more games having Ben Arfa in the team than Gouffran, because Gouffran does more backward runs and "helps" out defence.

I had a dream(or was it nightmare) that BenArfa returned to the fold slim & feisty determined to prove his worth, prove he wasn't Pardewed anymore, prove Stevie Bruce didn't bring out the best in him, prove he loved Newcassel and be the star he is.