Tooj

Happy New Year Alex. He didnt have the chance to move before now so not sure ambition comes into it. He spent years looking for a decent club, was in deals with the likes of Stoke, West Ham and then us. No one came in for him last summer as there were still question marks, was his form permanent? The fact that he has moved now has everything to do with him removing those question marks and very little to do with our own club's ambition.

Put it this way, the club's lack of ambition makes it an absolute no-brainer.

Happy New Year Alex. He didnt have the chance to move before now so not sure ambition comes into it. He spent years looking for a decent club, was in deals with the likes of Stoke, West Ham and then us. No one came in for him last summer as there were still question marks, was his form permanent? The fact that he has moved now has everything to do with him removing those question marks and very little to do with our own club's ambition.

It's about the player's ambition and our owner's lack of ambition

But if we had bought Debuchy and N.E Centre back in the summer and removed the 'ambition question' would that have made any difference now?

No, but we've lost 4(?) strikers since the summer and not signed one. That sort of does suggest that the squad is being neglected, to say the least.

But if we had bought Debuchy and N.E Centre back in the summer and removed the 'ambition question' would that have made any difference now?

I didn't say the move was purely down to the club's lack of ambition. I just cited it since it makes the move absolutely the correct thing to do from the player's point of view.

But to answer your question, probably not but possibly. Who knows? It certainly wouldn't have harmed our chances of hanging onto Ba if we'd got Douglas and Debuchy in though. I could imagine Ba and one or two others who did so well last year being pissed off about certain areas of the team not being strengthened though. Especially when it was so obvious. We've needed a new centre-back for about four transfer windows now, for example.

No, but we've lost 4(?) strikers since the summer and not signed one. That sort of does suggest that the squad is being neglected, to say the least.

I wasn't really that worried about going down before but we'd be knacked without Ba's goals this season so it doesn't augur well for the rest of the season. I suppose we could just sack Pardew though as that would solve everything and get us playing well.

I wasn't really that worried about going down before but we'd be knacked without Ba's goals this season so it doesn't augur well for the rest of the season. I suppose we could just sack Pardew though as that would solve everything and get us playing well.

:lol:

over to you CT....

we do need two strikers this window, but theres more chance of Lord Lucan riding Shergar to the moon and back than Ashley getting us what we need. But at least we'll be "wiping our own mouth" :)

I'm fairly sure he'll find himself a new club one way or the other.

I just wish he'd hurry up about it so we can move on. Put Cissé back as the main advanced central striker and get back to the transfer window to fill in the gaps. Ba's own motivation may or may not be cash but the people around him are certainly only motivated by what they can get out of it and them being involved is purely down to Ba so either way it's down to him, I thank him for the goals he's scored for us but basically he can fuck off now and not let the door hit him on the way out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9775933/Newcastle-United-will-be-better-off-without-Demba-Ba-the-ultimate-football-mercenary.html

Spot on, I reckon and ashleys getting 4 mil back so at least we covered his wages and had him for free.

Hope this doesn't fall through and the team pull together tonight.

I don't particularly blame the ownership for this one, Ba and his henchmen are a bunch of twats and only care about money (not saying he's wrong for this mind). Yeah they maybe could have pushed to offer him more money and raise the release clause etc but Ba would have presumably wanted that release clause in. Where the owner is up for criticism imo is how we respond to this, if we have a Kuqi situation then it's a joke but if we respond by going and getting someone like Remy and move on then this whole deal has worked out for us. We'll just have to wait and see I guess, I just hope that Cisse starts thriving back in his natural position or we could be in real trouble.

I didn't say the move was purely down to the club's lack of ambition. I just cited it since it makes the move absolutely the correct thing to do from the player's point of view.

But to answer your question, probably not but possibly. Who knows? It certainly wouldn't have harmed our chances of hanging onto Ba if we'd got Douglas and Debuchy in though. I could imagine Ba and one or two others who did so well last year being pissed off about certain areas of the team not being strengthened though. Especially when it was so obvious. We've needed a new centre-back for about four transfer windows now, for example.

I dont think any signings we could have potentially made could have made us equally attractive to Chelsea to someone like Ba. I don't doubt the lack of ambition had made it an easier decision so I agree with that.

I just wish he'd hurry up about it so we can move on. Put Cissé back as the main advanced central striker and get back to the transfer window to fill in the gaps. Ba's own motivation may or may not be cash but the people around him are certainly only motivated by what they can get out of it and them being involved is purely down to Ba so either way it's down to him, I thank him for the goals he's scored for us but basically he can fuck off now and not let the door hit him on the way out.

Well it's the 2nd day of the window and he's at Chelsea finalising the deal, can't get out fast enough can he?

Having said that, he was out of Upton Park just the same way.

He's just a badge-kissing mercenary like may modern players and I don't buy this shite about him being manipulated by agents, he knows exactly what he's doing.

Edited by Banshee

Is the 140m pounds documented? I have no idea. In any event, you would be shocked to learn the "real" money behind the percentage of money that goes to the club/owners, and that of which goes to the players. How much money has he made from shirts sales and other toon products? How about TV money? What about the money the club got for finishing 5th last season? What about the money the club gets from the EPL for being in the Premiership. And on and on and on. I don't buy it.

Who was our biggest buy the past three seasons? Was it Cisse at, what, 9-10 mill? BA was free. HBA was around 5 mill. Tiote same. Cabaye, what, 6-7 mill? The rest? Marvaeux, Bigi, who else cost this club a fortune? NO ONE! I DO NOT buy it!!!

Owen, Luque, Viduka to name three players, Shepherd to name one chairman!