Santon > Raylor

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on last week's performance you cant drop Dummett. Funny because a few weeks backs I was one of those who thought Haidara should be starting ahead of him.

Interesting to see how he fits into all this, Dummett is far from an established full back and there is that potential in Santon that we've been talking about for years.

Kitman's probably right, it'll be typical Pardew to try and sell him off.

:lol: Aye Taylors bopping in front of the goalie is a fucking joke, especially as he knocks it on the head and tries to 'disrupt' the wall a good length of time before the kick is taken anyway ensuring that the only disruption he has caused is just the goalies jealousy of Taylors pearly whites.

Totally forgot about Santon, he'll find it difficult to get back in the team now. Haidara looks solid.

A more than capable understudy, but Santon is one of our purples for me. Amazing that he doesn't have more goals for us really, he loves an effort and they're usually decent ones.

I like Dummett playing, if only for the left foot playing on the left and the right foot (Colo) playing on the right. Oh, and the lack of gurning in front of the goalkeeper at free kicks

You're right, if anyone should go, it should be Willo (so Dummet can play instead of him), not Santon. Willo should only be an alternative if we are up against exceptionally tall strikers.

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

• 4 months later...

I can understand flogging him if he wanted to go and was going to run down his contract to leave on a free. However mad to flog him in jan when we so understaffed and I got the impression he wasn't keen to go

Yanga Mbiwa left on Pardew's watch and that was understandable as there seemed to be a problem between the two and Pardew didn't give him a good run in his favoured position. And he has since shown it was a mistake to let him go.

Santon leaves on Carver's watch but that's not understandable as there didn't seem to be any problem. Santon had been out injured for a spell and was on his way back to playing full time. He seemed happy enough in Newcastle, had a Geordie girlfriend with whom he'd had a bairn, so what the fuck happened there?

Was he running his contract down to leave on a free?...that begs the question was he offered a new one and was he stalling on signing it? Did his gf's Twitter rant sort of indicate that he hadn't been offered anything and was being forced out? Got to say he remained a pretty unconvincing defender for me. I don't know what coaches throughout his career have seen in him on the left. His display in last season's derby was as a bad a fullback performance as I can remember.

Exactly PL - I said at the time he should never play for us again for his bottle out against the cradle snatcher so apart from illustrating the stupidity of those in charge, I couldn't give a shit that the bloke's gone.

• 3 weeks later...

The bloke in charge of our side starts statements with "let me tell you something about", this is to the press ffs, I've little doubt he brings this lack of professionalism to everything he does. I'm sure he handled the Santon situation like he'd handle a bloke hitting on his lass at the pub "I want to be in the side more, I feel that..." "you what? You fucking what? Aahve got geordies like Dummett crawling through broken broon ale bottles to get in the side, let me tell you something about Iron Mike and ahhm not talkin boot the boxin fella...". Fucking charver.

lol aye, shocking that a player like Santon wanted to go and play and didn't want to be waiting behind Dummet and co in the pecking order.

I'm sure he's bothered/gutted being back at Inter, under a title winning manager and a club looking to get back into europe :lol:

And he was back in the Italy squad for the England game.

What a fucking tit Carver is. Trying to deflect criticism with something as insubstantial as that :lol:

Carver strikes me as a person who because he has always been a No. 2 feels he has never been appreciated or even heard about the work he has done. Now he gets the chance to be a very temporary No. 1 and can't stop the verbal diarrhea crap that is coming out of what passes for a mouth. I can't see McLaren or anyone else keeping him on after this season.

Good grief Carver's stock is falling faster than we are down the table.

He'd probably do his career the world of good if he stepped down.

At least the Football Weekly folks are happy to talk about him being "out of his depth" now. If that could spread to the rest of the media and replace the "he's a PASSIONATE GEORDIE" narrative, that'd be delightful.