January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why say that the search is off? What's the point?

Why would they not even try (even for a loan/free)?

We needed another striker even when Carroll was at the club - we've got Ba now but we still need that second striker.

We can't rely on Ba even if we wanted to as he's away at the ACN.

This is it we have needed a striker since we came back into the PL. We lost Martins and Owen whose place in the pecking order was taken by Loven and Best (which was fine for the championship) but we have needed a PL quality striker for almost two years now.

I don't mind if its someone young or even an unknown from the scouting networks book of tricks. Just get someone in who at the very least has some promise. We're going nowhere with Shola/Loven/Best they are cack.

Tecato said we should wait until the transfer window before we start worrying. I`ll start now thanks

Yeah, I also said that before these quotes came out.

But you know that.

You are naive...

If we are being team positive - It could be mind games in order to bring down expectations of us spending and thus being held to ransom price-wise.

But in light of recent transfer windows - I believe pardew when he says we will bring in absolutely fucking nobody :lol:

#nufc the news Toon fans were dreading , no striker purchase in January as confirmed by AP

10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

GeorgeCaulkin George Caulkin

Pardew: "don't think will be bringing in striker after collapse of Maiga, which we'd put a lot of work in to. Will go with what got." #NUFC

ip.gif Logged

So the question has to be asked, if we didnt need a striker then why put all that work in for Maiga? It all comes down to something Ive said all along, its not best player for the job or whatever its simply "who can we get that has a clause in their contract/ on a Bosman with potential to sell on later" there obviously isnt anyone available that fits the above criteria.

The only surprise with this statement is they had the courtesy to be honest with us instead of making us think they were at least trying to sign the players we need only to be left seething on deadline day. Now we can seeth all month instead and the Ashley apologists can take the flack a month in advance.

I can't believe any cunt said wait until January after the debacle of the summer transfer window. Tecato running ToonPack close for the delusion award there.

The only surprise with this statement is they had the courtesy to be honest with us instead of making us think they were at least trying to sign the players we need only to be left seething on deadline day. Now we can seeth all month instead and the Ashley apologists can take the flack a month in advance.

I can't believe any cunt said wait until January after the debacle of the summer transfer window. Tecato running ToonPack close for the delusion award there.

Who are these people ??

We need a centre half badly but we are still desperate for a striker.

Demba Ba has been great but what happens when he goes to the African nations? What if he comes back injured?

The only difference between this and any other Ashley gamble is that he's told us a few weeks in advance. It doesn't make it any less retarded.

Cheer up me hearties, Shola, Sammy, Leon, Lovenkrands, that's a formidable strike force if you look at it through rose coloured specs.

I understand Sports Direct are marketing these specs at a cut-price rate in the January sales so everything should be rosey. :unsure2:

So a deal collapses 6-7 weeks or so before the end of the January window and we're done :lol: We're only capable of looking at one target at a time it seems despite the fact we've been searching for a new striker for 2 year and they acknowledged we needed a defender with the Ridgewell interest in the summer. We needed a striker before Carroll left which is why it surprised me last year that they seemingly had no interest in loaning Sturridge when Bolton were in for him and like a few on here have mentioned a loan deal would be a logical move if you think the prices are too steep and you've not got 2 year to scout someone. Even a 1 month loan over February just to cover the time Ba is away as I shudder to think what it's going to be like with just Best (out of his purple patch), shola, lovenkrands and Sammy (who's really a winger).

Edited by Howay

We're run by fuckwitts so sadly this isn't a shock in the slightest, but it doesn't change what a disgrace it is. If you take out Ba we currently have:

Best (championship player)

Lovenkrands (finished)

Shola (only turns up once in a while and is often injured)

Ranger (back here injured and not good enough and mental!)

Absolutely hilarious if they think that's good enough, even if you count Ben Arfa as a striker because he'll play him off the main attacker we're woefully short. And lets wait and see if we get anywhere near singing the centrehalf we need, or the leftback as well. And that's before anyone leaves from our squad if the right offer comes in.

So a deal collapses 6-7 weeks or so before the end of the January window and we're done :lol: We're only capable of looking at one target at a time it seems despite the fact we've been searching for a new striker for 2 year and they acknowledged we needed a defender with the Ridgewell interest in the summer. We needed a striker before Carroll left which is why it surprised me last year that they seemingly had no interest in loaning Sturridge when Bolton were in for him and like a few on here have mentioned a loan deal would be a logical move if you think the prices are too steep and you've not got 2 year to scout someone. Even a 1 month loan over February just to cover the time Ba is away as I shudder to think what it's going to be like with just Best (out of his purple patch), shola, lovenkrands and Sammy (who's really a winger).

This selling policy of Ashleys is counter productive. We have the makings of a good team, and with another couple of bodies could push for Europe. Failing to sign anyone and potentially selling our best players would only mean diving down the league. If only we actually knew what his game was.....