mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

That is fucking gold. If some tramp had posted that on RTG it would have been an embarassment (well to any of them with an IQ over 10) but to put in a paper is beyond comical. Even the knight ryder can claim the high ground on them now!

:lol: :lol: I'd say it was an April fools but I don't put it past a Mackem to actual believe all that shite. They need to pack in calling it the Sunderland Air show as well, the Sunderland fly-past would be much more apt since iirc the planes land and take off in Newcastle. Claiming shite concerts at the Stadium of Plight as well ffs, that's just a revenue booster and not some amazing thing you can claim to be better at ffs, they can fucking keep Gary Barlow and co in all.

It's all okay anyway lads if Johnson is found guilty you'll have been playing a nonce for half a season, nee moral high ground after that.

edit: Also don't competitive swimmers always moan about that aquatics centre? iirc there was all sorts of problems with the fact it's basically in the middle of an industrial estate so it's fucking boring unless they're swimming. Like comparing Kabul to London this man.

Edited by Howay

:lol: :lol: I'd say it was an April fools but I don't put it past a Mackem to actual believe all that shite. They need to pack in calling it the Sunderland Air show as well, the Sunderland fly-past would be much more apt since iirc the planes land and take off in Newcastle. Claiming shite concerts at the Stadium of Plight as well ffs, that's just a revenue booster and not some amazing thing you can claim to be better at ffs, they can fucking keep Gary Barlow and co in all.

It's all okay anyway lads if Johnson is found guilty you'll have been playing a nonce for half a season, nee moral high ground after that.

edit: Also don't competitive swimmers always moan about that aquatics centre? iirc there was all sorts of problems with the fact it's basically in the middle of an industrial estate so it's fucking boring unless they're swimming. Like comparing Kabul to London this man.

They only rate it so highly because they don't understand how the metal birds move so fast

Don't think it's a wind-up like :lol:

Also, whilst going to the theatre isn't my cup of char, the RSC have been coming to the Theatre Royal annually for about 40 years.

The problem though, even if you like all that stuff, is that none of it is worth actually fucking going to Sunderland for. If the airshow was in Newcastle, I'd go watch it. But since it's in Sunderland, and the place is such a dump, I just think it's not worth it.

I remember going to Durham across one of the bank holidays over the summer last year with a friend from overseas, thinking I'd show him the Cathedral and all the stone paved streets etc, and it was full to the brim of drunken mackems in full Sunderland kits, screeching at each other and aggressively feeling themselves up. He thought I'd taken him to fucking Mordor.

It made me really grateful to live in Newcastle, despite some of the more run down areas.

Edited by Rayvin

I went to the Sunderland fly past as a kid. Had to take the bus with my grandparents as my dad refused to take me to it. I fully understood why within 3 minutes of getting off the bus. It was fucking shite. I got a snidey version of a transformers toy when I was there so it wasn't all bad I suppose.

Air shows are shit imo. They're in the same bracket as country shows, bored people standing around wishing they'd gone to the beach instead. Or anywhere else in fact.