mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

It’s funny how their obsessed logic with “claiming” anywhere that’s near a drop of the Wear doesn’t seem to apply to South Shields which sits right on the mouth of the Tyne. I would add that who fucking cares, people support who they support and move around the area but that lot can’t get the concept through their thick skulls. 

• Haha 3

I've been asked many, many times in various geographical locations and asked if I supported NUFC. Never once has it crossed my mind to answer by throwing down the gauntlet of "what you gonna do about it?"

• Haha 10

Listen, a middle-aged bloke was sat watching a Newcastle match in the pub with his wife. The pub was full of Newcastle fans, one of whom asked this bloke if he was a Sunderland fan. He said ‘Yes, what are you going to do about it?’ The person who asked and all his mates moved to another table. That was the end of it and it was exactly what went down. It’s a bit like on Eastenders or whatever when an altercation ends the exact moment someone is bundled out of the pub and the door is closed. No comeback, no putting the windows out, no returning with a group of mates. That’s real life, marra. FTM

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 6

There are several suggestions in the thread that the only likely UK destination for Greenwood is us and of course not a club who previously  knowingly supported and played a nonce

That level of cognitive dissonance is why I would rejoice if the place was nuked. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Listen, a middle-aged bloke was sat watching a Newcastle match in the pub with his wife. The pub was full of Newcastle fans, one of whom asked this bloke if he was a Sunderland fan. He said ‘Yes, what are you going to do about it?’ The person who asked and all his mates moved to another table. That was the end of it and it was exactly what went down. It’s a bit like on Eastenders or whatever when an altercation ends the exact moment someone is bundled out of the pub and the door is closed. No comeback, no putting the windows out, no returning with a group of mates. That’s real life, marra. FTM

🎶Pretend you're classy/respected/nails.... err, I mean happy when you're blue.

It isn't really hard to do.....🎵

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Howay said:

It’s funny how their obsessed logic with “claiming” anywhere that’s near a drop of the Wear doesn’t seem to apply to South Shields which sits right on the mouth of the Tyne. I would add that who fucking cares, people support who they support and move around the area but that lot can’t get the concept through their thick skulls. 

I suppose when you dont move further than your mam and dad's attic, or the local playground if you're on a glue bender, the concept of people moving around is hard to grasp

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

I suppose when you dont move further than your mam and dad's attic, or the local playground if you're on a glue bender, the concept of people moving around is hard to grasp

The concept of moving to Sunderland is hard for me to grasp tbf.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

The concept of moving to Sunderland is hard for me to grasp tbf.

You forget that their stadium is a tourist destination of some renown. 

Who wouldn't want to park in an industrial estate and gawp at the majestic wonder of a flat pack arena the likes of which are never seen outside of Reading, Middlesbrough, Southampton, Stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Cardiff... Then stroll around that industrial park, buy some tiles, get an MOT. Takes about an hour so if you get it in just before kick off there may be a delay on pick up as you fight your way through the exodus.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

You forget that their stadium is a tourist destination of some renown. 

Who wouldn't want to park in an industrial estate and gawp at the majestic wonder of a flat pack arena the likes of which are never seen outside of Reading, Middlesbrough, Southampton, Stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Cardiff... Then stroll around that industrial park, buy some tiles, get an MOT. Takes about an hour so if you get it in just before kick off there may be a delay on pick up as you fight your way through the exodus.

Don’t forget the Pewl where they go for their once-a-decade bath. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Don’t forget the Pewl where they go for their once-a-decade bath. 

Why shouldn't I? They do.

• Haha 3

The Labrador was a kind-hearted chap, often seen in Coventry letting kids ride on its back, picking up dropped ice creams and trying to give them back to upset little ones during the late 2000s.

Sadly tragedy struck and its loving family home with a chin-shaped roof was burnt down mysteriously. As the only survivor, the Labrador was handed to the dog care system and found a new home in Cowentee Derrem. 

It was at this point the Labrador realised that life wasn't so kind. Verbal and physical abuse for no apparent reason became the norm. It was often spat at, humiliated in public and made to carry Spice on its ribcage between houses by people it'd trusted to continue the warm, loving environment it'd become accustomed to.

After more than a decade of abewse and unanswered prayers, coupled with a decrease in physical health as well as mental, that tragic Labrador decided to take the ultimate step and sink to the bottom of water until the pain stopped.

• Haha 4