mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Clarke has bounced around a bunch of clubs and scored 44 goals in the championship. Are they going to compare Hume to Cafu next? 

You overestimate him. He has 23 goals in the Championship over six seasons.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You overestimate him. He has 23 goals in the Championship over six seasons.

So the same as Hazard had in his first two Premier League seasons, uncanny as Meenz says :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Well they do both have four letters in their name. #uncanny

It's equates to the number of fingers they use to establish if their sister/cousin is ready for marriage.

20 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: :lol: Aye their careers are uncanny, by the same point in his career Hazard had won Ligue 1 player of the year twice (the youngest player to do so) on his way to a league and cup double before a £32m transfer to Chelsea (a decade ago so that fee would be far higher), winning a Europa league with Chelsea as he took the PL by storm. In contrast, and their own admission, Clarke has bounced around a bunch of clubs and scored 44 goals in the championship. Are they going to compare Hume to Cafu next? 

He hasn’t scored 44 he has scored 21 and assisted 14 if I read the stats right 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

He hasn’t scored 44 he has scored 21 and assisted 14 if I read the stats right 

Aye I’d read their original poster as 44 goals in 97 games, which I agree would be impressive (although like they always ignore you have to factor in the level), 44 goals and assists in 97 games is good but I don’t see it as something to start acting like he’s some CL talent :lol:, I think that’s why I misread it. 

For comparison at a similar age Isak has 21 goals and assists in 29 PL starts, albeit most games are central but fucking hell that lot need to learn the levels of the game. 

Edited by Howay

47 minutes ago, Howay said:

Are they going to compare Hume to Cafu next? 

by bizarre coincidence I had a biology teacher at senior school called miss hume who was an absolute fucking belter. oh how we enjoyed reproduction lessons.

there the comparison ends though,

I've never once had a wank over trai.

• Haha 8

Must admit, they hoodwinked me into thinking they had this massively young side but half of them are the same age as the likes of Botman and Isak. They’ll make a profit on Clarke and Bellingham, I imagine but everyone else? I can’t see it. Even that striker they had up front is in his mid-20s. They’re literally just buying whoever is on the cheap

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Must admit, they hoodwinked me into thinking they had this massively young side but half of them are the same age as the likes of Botman and Isak. They’ll make a profit on Clarke and Bellingham, I imagine but everyone else? I can’t see it. Even that striker they had up front is in his mid-20s. They’re literally just buying whoever is on the cheap

They'll make a profit but once you factor in the ridiculous inflation rates we've experienced during the cozzy lives crisis, they will at best break even. Poor little Sunderland.

6 hours ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

Thread on Ready to Groom….Falling out of Love with Football 😂 looks like that fuckin nonce Exile is broken …along with a lot more. Nothing at all to do with getting battered on Saturday by us of course!image.gif.6b07f4fde13a9c7cc9eff48f0af5d427.gif

I feel a bit like this tbh. Football has been fucked for a while. I've lived away for a good few years now. Used to follow us all over, been through the shit years of the 80's. I really don't give a fuck about the PL. It's totally lopsided & tbh boring as hell. I've more interest in my Granddaughter & my dog than the circus. I genuinely would have been gutted after Saturday 10 years ago, but I shrugged, & put the Xmas Dec's in the garage. No knots in my stomach, no rage. I was more pissed off the Kid opened his arse cheeks for them. More important things in life. I'm losing the faith. Woe is f***ing me.

😂

• Haha 2

Exile really cones across as someone for whom us in general and Saturday’s fixture specifically wasn’t a big deal like :lol: If he’d wanted that post to be believable it should’ve been in relation to human rights in the Arabian Peninsula 

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Obviously I don’t know much about him. But apart from not having a kick on Saturday, what the fuck would make them think someone with 30-odd career goals playing in obscure European leagues is what they need? Especially as he’s mid-20s, like you say. He’s not even physically imposing. It’s a proper scattergun approach in terms of recruitment 

Edited by Alex

3 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

I feel a bit like this tbh. Football has been fucked for a while. I've lived away for a good few years now. Used to follow us all over, been through the shit years of the 80's. I really don't give a fuck about the PL. It's totally lopsided & tbh boring as hell. I've more interest in my Granddaughter & my dog than the circus. I genuinely would have been gutted after Saturday 10 years ago, but I shrugged, & put the Xmas Dec's in the garage. No knots in my stomach, no rage. I was more pissed off the Kid opened his arse cheeks for them. More important things in life. I'm losing the faith. Woe is f***ing me.

😂

I'm pleased for him he's not cut up about it or has any rage. :good:

(Also pleased we won which denied him tearing it off by the root had the scoreline been the other way). 

• Haha 5

Where the fuck was that keyboard crusader exile and the RTG  keyboard warriors? when Prince Abdullah  Bin Mosaad Al Saud, took over Sheff utd in 2013....errmmmm that's right no fucking where, the stupid cunts are hilarious :firefirefire:

this thread man, for fuck's sake...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-consequences-of-hosting-football-in-saudi-arabia.1624767/

it's astonishing really that the same cunts who en mass boo the taking of the knee are all in reality paragons of virtue and yet none of them seem fit to point out the blatant racism of this twat here....

420600578_Screenshot_20240111_230755_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.76f7a480985b91f741e8ca7c6a94120b.jpg

and he's one of many on that thread.

not a big reader of truefaith these days, website seems to be fucked most of the time I anyway, however this durham mag nails it here.....

https://true-faith.co.uk/sunderland-away-2024-will-we-meet-again/

this excerpt alone sums up these moronic cunts to a t......

Later I saw pictures of our players, staff and directors being abused on the walk to the main entrance with chants of “Scum, Scum, Scum” which will be water off a duck’s back I expect.

Unpleasant and nasty given Amanda Staveley was part of the party who smiled serenely but this isn’t the first time they have dropped into the gutter as those of us at Roker Park witnessed the Jackie Is Dead chants as well as the vile targeting of Sir Bobby Robson with “He’s Nearly Dead” ditties and you just knew their knuckle-draggers wouldn’t be able to stop themselves from disgracing themselves with stuff about Gary Speed on the weekend of the game and previously.

Amanda Staveley was the target of some particularly nasty abuse and some of the ghouls had gone to the trouble of having a flag made which was gratuitously offensive though to my knowledge she has never made any reference towards them so where this bitterness comes from towards one of the few women in football is a mystery. Songs about Alan Shearer and AIDs are pretty standard now and Steven Taylor will recall songs about them wishing he was dead in response to some mild jibes about the quality of their team.

There is lots more of course but let’s be grateful there wasn’t an opportunity for the yahoos to embarrass the region by booing players taking the knee in support of anti-racism initiatives which is standard behaviour down there I’m told.

• Like 3