mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye. It’s light on detail. And everything else 

41zEd2+XxJL._SX268_.jpg

"Yes. Well the report started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle & the less said about the end the better! But apart from that, excellent!"

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Has anyone told them that the ship has sailed on that perception. Perhaps back to Spain 😉👍

"On the river where they used to build the boats"

• Haha 3

It’s full of comments where people had no issues booking the tickets online which suggests those queueing are just a few decades behind the rest of the UK. Which obviously isn’t news to anyone on here 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I did History to degree level- I wouldn’t sign my worst enemy’s name to that risible attempt at validation :lol:

Aye, well it’s poor practice anyway to try and make evidence fit a preconceived version of events. Even more so when the ‘evidence’ and reasoning is that tenuous. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s full of comments where people had no issues booking the tickets online which suggests those queueing are just a few decades behind the rest of the UK. Which obviously isn’t news to anyone on here 

Maybe they’re on the same dial-up as Longtime Admirer? 

• Haha 3

SInce when did you name light rail trains after anyone anyway? Ooh look, here's Affred the Great pulling in to platform 1, and I see JK Rowling is opposite with City of Coventry in the sidings. Such a fucking weird thing to start imagining let alone get upset about (I realise it stems from an off the cuff tweet from someone with NUFC in their profile). 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"light rail trains" :lol:

Reveals himself as a trainspotter every time the topic comes up.

Leaving First Class GIF by Avanti West Coast

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

Nowt wrong with being appreciative of rolling stock lads. Especially BR diesel locomotives circa. 1970 period.  Let's move on shall we?  Ahem. 

loco.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Fv2MGlVXgAI1URV?format=jpg&name=medium

Tbf, they only finished 11 points behind Luton (with an inferior goal difference) 

• Haha 5

On 09/05/2023 at 23:40, Rosco said:

They've started a gofundme if anyone wants to donate. Fourty quid so far, get a few bottles of fairy liquid, a bucket and some scourers with that I reckon.

Seriously, what the fuck are you meant to do with donations like this? You can't just bung a council money like this.

Screenshot_20230511_234622_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d1be8d082bd73dad02ab8f63494448de.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Howay said:

They could try not being a bunch of fucking scum bags for once and pack in doing shite like that. Classy lads fans marra. 

Klassy Lads Fans?

• Like 1