Colo Gogo

Banshee

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did it last year, won 7 of their last 9.

But they haven't won any of their last 4, a similar run doesn't seem to be on the cards to me.

They only need to win 2/4 now. Unlucky against Spurs, Villa may have nowt to pla for. We desperately need a win imo.

Dunno how you chaps can get the cigars out re Wigan like .

Yeah they've got the Cup as a possible distraction but as said, they've 'been there before' in the ol' barbed-wire canoe and at present we simply look like we aint got the balls for the job .

Our balls are all tangled in the barbed wire and wrapped around the paddle (that they've left at Blue Flames) . Hampered by our own scrotums. And wotnot .

They only need to win 2/4 now. Unlucky against Spurs, Villa may have nowt to pla for. We desperately need a win imo.

Yep. It'll go down to the QPR game for me. If we lose it I think we are down.

West Ham will be up for this game. Big Sam, Carroll, Nolan, Pardew going back to former club. Guaranteed defeat in my opinion. The only saving grace could be that Pardew plays the right team, with the right formation, with the right players in their correct positions. And then we might scrape something.

Arsenal will need a win to get in the CL.

They only need to win 2/4 now.

their next 3 games are against top half opponenets. They've only won 2 against top half opposition all year, never mind 2 in 3.

I understand the worry, but it's odds on that Wigan are done.

their next 3 games are against top half opponenets. They've only won 2 against top half opposition all year, never mind 2 in 3.

I understand the worry, but it's odds on that Wigan are done.

Aye but WBA and Swansea have fuck all to play for. It's all hypotheticals and suppositions right now, yes. And we are lucky that it is still in our hands (just imagine if Cisse hadn't got that winner against WBA in injury time?), but from where I'm sat I have seen absolutely nothing in the past few games that we'll get anything when the pressure is really on in these next 3 games. It completely removes the 'ball being in our court' so to speak, as I really do not think that we'll get another point this season. Honestly not trying to be pessimistic, just fucking hate this situation. At the start of each season since we came back up I've thought 'right, get to 40 points, then we can relax a bit. Until then, we need to go into each game like it's a cup final to get the points on the board.' That hasn't seemed to happen all season, and I don't think it's going to change now simply because the players don't seem to have it in them. That team spirit of Nolan et all has completely dissipated. The only realistic 3 points we could get I think are at QPR, but it would be fucking perfect if the worst man in football was to fuck us over.

Urgh.

I think the ghosts of last time are still haunting many of us, Im certainly one of them. Wigan's games against WBA and Swansea are winnable, two opponents who dont have much to play for.

I think we're fucked.

West Ham will beat us. No question. This is the sort of game that Allardyce will love and Nolan/Carroll will be sure to play blinders.

QPR are down but can take us down. For Harry this would take a HUGE amount of the spotlight off him. We will be the talking point.

Arsenal. No need to expand.

So that leaves us with 37 points.

It's in Wigan's hands....our goal difference isn't going to get any better either.

Yay :nufc:

Pace over the top isnt going to be a problem . I'd be very tempted to throw Willo in there to combat Carroll.

I'm not so sure, I don't think Willo can handle Caroll in his current form.

I think changing the back line is a very drastic thing to do , it also sends the wrong messages to Mbwia , who for me has had the best impact of all the new signings. (Sissoko had a good debut, but has fallen off imo).

Williamson is a championship standard defender I reckon, I only want to see him when we are injured out of better choices.

I think changing the back line is a very drastic thing to do , it also sends the wrong messages to Mbwia , who for me has had the best impact of all the new signings. (Sissoko had a good debut, but has fallen off imo).

Williamson is a championship standard defender I reckon, I only want to see him when we are injured out of better choices.

I don't think the defence was actually the problem on Sat. It was the midfield. They offered no protection. If you play a high line it's common knowledge that you have to press their midfield incredibly hard and don't give them time to think on the ball. We didn't do that and allowed them to chip balls over the top at will. It's one level up fom Sunday football that. And Pardew either failed to get it right or his players dint give a fuck.

Unfortunately it looked like his players did give a fuck, but more in a way of oh my god what the fuck have I signed up for - these are shit.

That bothers me . How anyone can say think they had a good performance, but the team let them down is beyond me.

From my perspective it looked more like a blame game and a total lack of playing that I've honestly never seen , a lot of our lads just stopped even jogging to press - just stood with hands on hips.

I also agree that the defence was put under far too much pressure and the selection of defenders was right (e.g no williamson).

• 2 weeks later...

He was outstanding again yesterday.

Assuming he's off, I don't know how we replace him. I'm not sure we can adequately.

What about Douglas? looks like a good replacement.

I haven't seen enough to know if he has the composure and leadership that Colo brings.

Even with all the physical attributes, it's very difficult for any defender to come in from abroad and settle straight away.

I haven't seen enough to know if he has the composure and leadership that Colo brings.

Even with all the physical attributes, it's very difficult for any defender to come in from abroad and settle straight away.

As was proven by Colo himself.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks increasingly likely that Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini will be back on Tyneside next season – despite ongoing private issues.

United are understood to have told Coloccini they will support him to the hilt if he continues to show them the same commitment.

That was the case last season when he returned home during a back injury for some downtime.

Coloccini has also been told that his captain’s armband is waiting for him with Newcastle keen for him to lead the charge next term.

The South American outfit have twice attempted to bring the Toon star back to his homeland on compassionate grounds due to a “family issue”.

The Buenos Aires club though on both occasions unable to break Coloccini’s lucrative contract.

And now the Chronicle can reveal that San Lorenzo have failed to convince a group of wealthy fans to chip in and raise the funds needed to take the player back home.

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias listened carefully to Coloccini’s advisers when they touched base with the Magpies.

But understandably, he wasn’t prepared to lose a �7m-rated star for nothing.

San Lorenzo hoped Argentinian businessman Marcelo Tinelli would be able to head the search for funds for the player. But those attempts have fallen short.

And although there are a clutch of wealthy fans that do have an interest in the Argentinian club, they would prefer any money raised to be spent on younger players.

An insider from cash-strapped San Lorenzo told the Chronicle: “The people who can help us don’t want to invest in Coloccini.

“They feel that the money could bring in a number of younger players instead. And that’s how it would be spent.

“It now looks impossible that Coloccini could play here next season. It looks like the end of the story.

“Even big clubs like Boca Juniors and River Plate are struggling financially here.”

As we revealed this week, Coloccini must report back to the club’s Benton base on July 11 after being granted an extra week off due to international duty.

Toon boss Alan Pardew remains hopeful that Coloccini will stay on Tyneside.

Pardew held talks with the ex-AC Milan defender at the end of the season.

And he will do so again next month when Coloccini will be reminded just how much he is needed at United.

Coloccini still has three years to run on his current Magpies deal.

The only way out of his contract is for the defender to request a transfer, something he is reluctant to do.

Meanwhile, some key figures at Newcastle will return to their desks next week.

The transfer window does not reopen for business until July 1.

But despite plenty of speculation surrounding United’s star names, there have been no bids for any of them thus far.

Special mention for this sentence; "The Buenos Aires club though on both occasions unable to break Coloccini’s lucrative contract."

How has this kid got this job?

Also, "ex-AC Milan"? Off the top of my head he had a couple of appearances there before moving on. He's known as an ex-Deportivo player, I imagine most people have no idea he had a stint at AC (mostly on loan whilst there I believe).. Strange journalism.

His time at Milan does at least allow us to see what he looks/looked like with short hair:

coloccini.jpg

San Lorenzo can go fuck themselves. It's absolutely outrageous how they've behaved, trying to pick our captain for free by trading off his personal issues. Stump up 20 mill or fuck right off !!!

Yup, I just dont see us replacing him if he goes. The difference in the side when he came back towards the end of the season was massive.

Perhaps Mbiwa can one day be the type of defender Colo is right now, certainly seems to have similar attributes. Comfortable on the ball, good at reading the game. I think he needs a couple of years though.