Politics

Christmas Tree

Seems to be an outlier that poll. I've seen lots saying the opposite. Never trust the results of a single poll, look at all of them and more importantly look at the trends rather than the absolute numbers. 

On 11/06/2022 at 08:42, strawb said:

Brexit etc has really fucked building social/affordable housing. 

We used to budget about £1500 per square meter when building social housing, and that was at the top end. Most of the jobs we are getting prices back for now are more like £3000 per square meter.

Means we have to go back to homes England for more money as the viability doesn’t stack up financially, when you look at the rents we would charge for them once complete.

Homes England have no extra money, so we either build less for the same money, change the way we assess viability which is a bit of bodge or charge higher rents which is getting into the realms of not really social housing rents.

Loads of established contractors have gone bump due to cash flow issues and social housing providers are having to cut budgets left right and centre, all at a time where we are being told to build more and to meet new green standards for energy use.

It’s going to get really messy.

The right to buy has fucked up social housing

• Like 1

On 11/06/2022 at 12:24, Kid Dynamite said:

My sister moved into a new build last year. It looks like it was chucked up. The skirting boards and seals around the house look like they were done by a blind man.

I shudder to think how much effort goes into houses that aren't built to turn a profit...

All the major house builders sell units.  They don't sell houses.  They sell uninhabitable units that in two decades will need to be retrofitted as they'll not meet standards.  They're fucking awful.

Rail strike: Agency staff could cover future disruption

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61773437

Can we extend this to cover Tory MPs? 
Whenever one of them has be removed for being a rapist or paedophile or whatever, just get an agency MP in- much cheaper, can’t possibly be any worse, and it’d demonstrate that they absolutely practice what they preach/force on the rest of us. 

Cunts 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Corbyn hangover?  :cuppa:

Maybe Starmer is Kinnock…maybe Streeting is Blair, maybe Phillipson is Blair?…. maybe the combined effect of 40 years of Murdoch + Brexit = final victory for these utter fuckin ball bags ?…. 

Streeting is the one the Tories fear  

Rumour has it the Rwanda plane will take off with only a single asylum seeker on board. Defiant cunts are insisting it's going, no matter what. Meanwhile, the country is drowning in a cost of living crisis, particularly with regards to energy and fuel costs. 

You couldn't make this shameful shit up!!

One of my mates thinks their defiant approach is purely and simply to deflect attention away from the party gate / vote of confidence episode. 

It's even more shameful if they are. Utter, utter arseholes. Politicians across the ages have always commanded a degree of contempt, but this cunt's cabinet is on a whole new level.

On 10/06/2022 at 09:25, Toonpack said:

Very long, but important read:

There's a good documentary on the BBC -(or perhaps channel 4) called the decade the rich won. This is kind of old news really - the IMF taking political control of Greece, ousting a democratically elected government due to "national Debt" was very alarming - especially when put against the figures that are "normal" in the UK now, post covid - as a percentage of GDP. The whole pretending the bank was funding the government with QE , isn't that much different to the IMF taking control of a country which refused to QE to "help the global economy" / pay back its debts (that as the above twitter rant shows, is as real as a baseless currency)

Edited by scoobos

On 13/06/2022 at 10:16, Gemmill said:

Arron Banks has lost his libel claim against Cadwalladr. Absolutely fucking tremendous news. 

It's not to me, when its effectively buried , even by the BBC.  This should be MASSIVE news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

One of my mates thinks their defiant approach is purely and simply to deflect attention away from the party gate / vote of confidence episode. 

It's even more shameful if they are. Utter, utter arseholes. Politicians across the ages have always commanded a degree of contempt, but this cunt's cabinet is on a whole new level.

I think the aim is two fold - continuing the "lefty lawyer" narrative and a simple boost to their racist voters - the policy is now backed by more people than opposed according to polls. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig said:

And of course the morons tar all politicians with the same brush. Job done. It's not going to work this time though imo, people know what they're about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Rumour has it the Rwanda plane will take off with only a single asylum seeker on board. Defiant cunts are insisting it's going, no matter what. Meanwhile, the country is drowning in a cost of living crisis, particularly with regards to energy and fuel costs. 

You couldn't make this shameful shit up!!

Not really surprising. Every time they come up with what they think is a clever strategy on anything it Mayes them look terrible. 

51 minutes ago, NJS said:

I think the aim is two fold - continuing the "lefty lawyer" narrative and a simple boost to their racist voters - the policy is now backed by more people than opposed according to polls. 

It’s definitely to appease racists 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Stick Patel on it, be a shame to waste the money. 

This will give them a good excuse to get rid of the European Convention of Human Rights. Russia and Belarus will be happy to get joined by their fascist comrades.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

This will give them a good excuse to get rid of the European Convention of Human Rights. Russia and Belarus will be happy to get joined by their fascist comrades.

I fear this is where it's heading.

• Like 1