The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Struggling at the minute. Went home to watch at lunchtime and Botham was going mental about Finn banging it in short against this Agar kid. :lol: I love it when Botham gets a lip on.

"Well well well... They just aren't learning are they."

Why is it a shame you ring piece?

Because it's his debut, he's facing his countries big enemies and nobody was expecting much of anything from him and I couldn't give two tosses about cricket.

You weapons grade bumder ;)

I don't know what these fucking cunts are thinking who wanted an Australian to get a century in a fucking ashes test but I hope they buck up their ideas quick.

That just really tickled me.

Honestly though, I don't hate Australians with everything going on in the world. There our Allies.

Don't you think bell's got enough runs in the bank? He is frustrating like. Classy player - looks the part but rarely makes the big runs when it really matters.

That's the problem though, it reminds me of what Botham said a while ago that it was harder to get out of this England team than it is to get in it. It's not as if this Australian team are like the old lot, I'm not just talking about ability either but about the mental toughness that the likes of Steve Waugh used to have, as I certainly wouldn't risk Compton if it was against that lot as they could destroy a career. Yet I would have no problem of having Compton, Root and Bairstow playing against this lot.

Another 'crucial first hour' looming. If pietersen and cook make it through till lunch I fancy out chances. One big partnership should be enough to win it.

Diego Maradona - hand of god v England 1986

Lance Armstrong - doper

Stuart Broad - didn't walk

All cheating basteds in my book - but it's apparently OK as the Aussies don't walk and they'd used up their reviews (what a total c*ck Geoffrey Boycott is).

It's cheating in my book as it wasn't a wee tiny edge that he might not have felt - he fekin knew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gVI8sOtdNk - apparently an Aussie has walked before

I do however understand though that if the batsman walks and takes the morally correct route then they do so within the spirit of the game AND that they also have the right to stay and wait for an umpires decision under the laws of the game

.. doesn't make it OK and shows an increasing footballisation of cricket which makes it harder to get across to the youth in the clubs up here

Brilliant catch there from Cook.

I'm surprised Christmas Tree hasn't jumped on the cricket bandwagon yet.

He's still looking for tennis equipment on ebay

I did, after giving it away many years ago. It sounded like it should have been an exciting final day, but alas no (not because Australia is on the edge of defeat).

Awesome this like. Always hated cricket til about three years ago, now I can't get enough. There's fuck all work going to be done thursday and Friday again.

Got tickets for the third day at durham so I'm really looking forward to that.

As a side, the comentators are much better than on the football!

it's depressing that test match cricket is losing popularity around the world to shorter forms of the game. you can't beat the tension and drama in a low scoring game like that that went so close. still the best form of the game by a country mile for me. roll on lords!

I reckon England will walk the series now. They were basically operating with three bowlers in this last test, and the Aussies benefitted from two poor third umpire decisions (Agar/Trott), at least one of which was almost match-defining.