A Norwich 1-1

A Southampton 2-2

H Swansea 3-1

A Liverpool 0-3

H Palace 1-0

A Aston Villa 2-0

H Tottenham 1-1

P17 W7 D4 L6 = 25pts

I hope I'm vaguely right because that would give us 43 points which should definitely be enough.

I'm not one to brag but I'm 100% correct so far. 43 should be a reasonable ambition and I think it'll be fine, although if I'm right we'll have 28 points from 30 games, and slide home with our slightly more comfortable last eight.

Edited by McFaul

If by 100% you mean getting 50% of the scores wrong

Are you so stupid, that you think I wrote that we'd win 3-0 at Anfield and 2-0 at Stamford Bridge? Or are you discounting me predicting the Watford game correctly because I said we'd lose 1-0 rather than 2-1? Either way I pray your kid has more about him than his fatha.

Edited by McFaul

Looking a very real possibility :( I'm parroting on here, but it's such a shame when they are playing more attractive football.

If mitro gets a goal it could all change though, despite his absolutely shocking misses of late, I still see a great player in there somewhere.

Problem is, I've been happy with him because of his strength and hold up play, but on Saturday that wasn't there either.

Edited by scoobos

• 2 weeks later...

It's all very well playing well and losing but there has been the odd abject performance this season as well. You accept that we're not going to get anything for games like last night where we don't turn up. If we fail to start collecting points when we play well, we're basically fucked. Games are starting to run out and we need half a dozen wins. I'm less confident than I was a month ago after the failure to recruit any defenders or top strikers.

Yeah I'm 50/50 now.

It may all click for the players, but I just don't have confidence in McClaren to have a plan for when it doesn't, to be honest.

He has to start mitrovic, goals or not, we simply don't have any other forwards who give us any kind of focal point in attack. The first half yesterday was as toothless as I've seen us play since Palace away. I don't know if this new 50 year old African is capable of playing that way, or not but he can't use Perez in that role anymore. That should be fucking obvious.

He has to start mitrovic, goals or not, we simply don't have any other forwards who give us any kind of focal point in attack. The first half yesterday was as toothless as I've seen us play since Palace away. I don't know if this new 50 year old African is capable of playing that way, or not but he can't use Perez in that role anymore. That should be fucking obvious.

Against a side like Everton, it would make sense to keep the ball as far up their end of the pitch as possible. Yes they're vulnerable on the counter attack, but Martinez doesn't make defence a priority. So if the game is closer to their defence than ours, we'd surely be able to benefit from their frailties? Yes the game would be stretched, but they're a team that's a threat anyway, may as well exploit their weakness.

relegation is our best hope for change, it'll just be another tedious season avoiding it each year until we go.

It's what Ashley deserves and IT'S WHAT THE FANS DESERVE FOR CONTINUING TO ENDORSE THE FAT CUNT.

We could end up like Leeds if we go down. Our best bet is to stay in the league and hope he just sells up one day.

I don't believe he will give up the TV money or the free advertising unless someone made a completely absurd offer which would have to go beyond TV revenue along with whatever he feels his SD advertising value is for 10 years or more. We are lumbered. Even with relegation the chances of him fucking off are slim to none, but if he wasn't able to bring us back up for a few seasons he might just decide he's had enough and the benefits stop outweighing the ballache. Slim. Miserable, perpetual state of affairs.

Edited by trophyshy

We could end up like Leeds if we go down. Our best bet is to stay in the league and hope he just sells up one day.

Why would he do that? We're giving his shitty shops massive worldwide exposure every weekend and it isn't costing him a penny of his own money. We need to get relegated and starve him of his free advertising just to give him pause for thought about selling us. He's going nowhere as long as we're established in the Premier League.

He'd have to be an idiot to sell us. From his point of view everything is working perfectly.

I think we will go down this season and have felt that for weeks not enough steel in the side to grind out results so many players went missing last night.

It will go right to the death at the top and the bottom this season and I don't think McClaren has the ability to motivate the side when the going gets tough too many false dawns followed by awful performances.

I've been saying we'll be OK - I thought we'd eventually start scoring the chances we've been missing and we'd put a run of 3 or 4 wins together to pull us away from the bottom 3 by now. However in the back of my mind has been the fear that if we're still in or around the relegation zone towards the end of the season we haven't got the players or the manager to deal with that sort of pressure and scrap the points together. Unfortunately I think we have now reached that point and I think we're probably going down. I think we'll still beat West Brom but the pressure will still be massive after that cos Norwich will probably beat Villa, and I can't see us getting owt at Chelsea and Stoke, by which time we might be cut adrift in the bottom 3. I can't decide whether going down would be a good thing for us or not.

i think going down would be a shit thing for us, personally. we got lucky last time and bounced back up. people remember that season fondly because we were on telly loads and winning games, but we could end up down there for years next time.

The only way the Fat Man is going is if the offer he receives is more than we're worth. How likely is that? Anyone know if Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne are from Benwell?

i think going down would be a shit thing for us, personally. we got lucky last time and bounced back up. people remember that season fondly because we were on telly loads and winning games, but we could end up down there for years next time.

GOOD! Fuck the club man. Fuck Ashley, fuck McClaren, fuck Charnley, fuck them all. A foetid gravy train of endless rancid garbage served up and willingly choked on by thousands.

Life support as a vegetable or switch off the machine and hope there is an afterlife. TURN IT OFF FFS.