Next manager

Kid Dynamite

Who do you want as manager  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A good move for once, it's later than it should have been but at least it's the right one. We've got a tough fight now but this appointment definitely lifts the fans and most definitely the players as well, hope we stay up or it's back to managers like Pardew and McClaren for god knows how long.

I remember Rafa brought Liverpool here in his first season as manager there, sometime maybe in Feb/March? beat them (think Souness was our manager?) and I told a Liverpool supporting mate that they were the worst Liverpool team I'd ever seen and the Spanish manager wasn't much good....3 months later they won the Champions League :lol:

This on paper is a great appointment. If he keeps us up he could change the entire "mentality" of everyone associated with the club. This man also knows how to win cup competitions. And Allardyce fuckin despises him, with the feeling somewhat mutual :D

He wrote: 'Of course he can say he won the Champions League with Liverpool, which is something I never did. But it has nowt to do with him.

'Steven Gerrard took that final by the scruff of the neck and dragged Liverpool back from 3-0 down against AC Milan to eventually win on penalties.

'I don't blame Benitez for claiming credit but as managers we know the truth. It's like when you make a substitution in desperation and it comes off. You get all the credit for your tactical brilliance when it's often just luck.'

Benitez, by now the Real Madrid manager, had little choice but to respond to such incendiary claims.

He fired back: 'Do you know who Sam Allardyce is? Do you know how many trophies he has won? Well that's my answer. It is what happens when someone has a book to sell. His opinion does not have a lot of value.'

:D

:lol: " It's like when you make a substitution in desperation and it comes off. You get all the credit for your tactical brilliance when it's often just luck.'" Aye that seemed to be the way Allardyce made a lot of his choices when he was at our club, I'll never forget watching him huff and puff down the stairs from his ridiculous seat in the stands with 2 tellys in front of him after the 4th Portsmouth goal flew in. We've had some right fucking sacks as managers in recent years eh.

Allardyce is clear as the most dislikable manager we've had in recent times, and that's before you consider the atrocious football we played under him.