Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I'd recommend these ones... A Separation is something you may not like, it's a slow moving character piece but I thought it was great. The rest are pretty mainstream.

A Separation (2011)

Black Swan (2010)

Good Will Hunting (1997)

Platoon (1986)

The Thing (1982)

The Wrestler (2008)

Twelve Monkeys (1995)

Leaves me with 26 of the IMDB top 250 left to collect. Which one would you recommend most?

Avengers Assemble (2012)

Good Will Hunting (1997)

Let the Right One In (2008)

Platoon (1986)

The Wrestler (2008)

(But Avengers is cos I'm a bit of a geek sometimes)

great movie, and the american version tbh isn't that bad either, one of the better "remakes"

Hunger Games - 5/10 nott awful not brilliant , J.Lawrence and Harrelson were good enough in it, but it was like RunningMan+BattleRoyale, mixed with aiming it at an audience that likes Twilight or some other shite.

(should've just rewatched battle Royale)

J.Edgar 6/10 - DiCaprio was good as Hoover, but pretty slow going even for an eastwood directed flick.

Bill withers documentary from the beeb was a great watch.

Watched Hunger games again and it was better the second time.

I'd recommend these ones... A Separation is something you may not like, it's a slow moving character piece but I thought it was great. The rest are pretty mainstream.

A Separation (2011)

Black Swan (2010)

Good Will Hunting (1997)

Platoon (1986)

The Thing (1982)

The Wrestler (2008)

Twelve Monkeys (1995)

Seconded, all great films.

what made it so?

I thought there was a lot of back story and that if you hadnt seen the previous 3 films you would be a bit lost. The action scenes were so-so and I was bored half way through. Set up for another film at the end too.

Cabin in The Woods - 2/10

simply awful, the 2 is just because someone got them oot as well.

I seen that at the pics, was not impressed like. Like a modern take on

evil dead only the director got carried away and didnt know when to end the film.

Platoon

Can't decide. It was canny enough I suppose. Might have enjoyed it more in 1986...or 2086. Too much baggage about it now. Tiger Blood, overwrought Adagio, Forrest Gump, rain etc. It's been out long enough to imitate all over the shop so it looks like the stereotype rather than the template. It hasn't been long enough that people have stopped imitating and the pretenders have fallen by the wayside.

Not denying it's place as one of the 250 most popular films, Not my personal Oliver Stone favourite though.

True Grit - I don't think I'm ever going to 'get' the Coen's films. It always feels like they promise a lot more than they actually deliver.

I know what you mean. I thought True Grit was a bit bland. Have you ever seen Fargo? That is a great Coen film.

Edited by ADP