The new manager thread

Polarboy

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why is keeping Jones or in fact anybody a factor? How about bringing a manager in who has his own coaching team that aligns with what he wants from his team? Willing to work with a current fucking loser we have on the books, great

spot on, they should be fuc*ing clemence, agnew and jones straight out the door, They made themselves look like idiots in the way they went about getting Emery, who would have been a great appointment. Any new manager should be appointing all his own coaches.

We need somebody asap and if its Howe then so be it but I think they could have handled this so much better from the start and got better quality.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Can Everton afford to sack him?

If they're struggling financially they may be open to us 'buying' him.

That said, it would require them to break ranks with the other 18 clubs in the cabal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Can Everton afford to sack him?

I've no idea what the exact state of their finances are, but surely they'd leave themselves enough wiggle room to make a managerial change should the worst occur. In any case as I was saying it's almost definitely wishful thinking from me, even if it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the Everton bosses will get very nervous should they get a hammering off Spurs. 

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

To be honest, I don’t think he would touch the permanent job these days. I get the feeling the experience under Ashley killed off his enthusiasm. I know what you mean but I kind of think he might be tempted to take over until the end of the season purely because it’s us. I hasten to add that I have no expectations of this actually happening. Ewerk was right about him being perfect for selling the club to potential candidates though. Imagine Charnley? He couldn’t even negotiate a good salary for himself, knows he’s on borrowed time and had only survived so long because he’s a yes man. 

Aye, 100% agree that no one could sell Newcastle better than Keegan, wouldn't be hard because he thinks it's the best club in the world (bar Liverpool - maybe). 

• Like 1

If they want rid, (and it’s crystal clear Rafa was the no.1 choice for our new owners), I don’t think we’d baulk at whatever price the scouse mackems asked for him, in what would be a mutually beneficial deal. 

However, I do think that’s entirely wishful thinking on our part. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That said, it would require them to break ranks with the other 18 clubs in the cabal.

Do you honestly believe that a single one of the PL clubs would put their “values” above cold, hard, cash? 

Would they fuck. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Can WE afford to wait for Rafa to be sacked.?

I’d be surprised if the feelers hadn’t already gone out. I don’t see Rafa walking out on them, especially this soon after joining the club. The only way it would work would be if Everton told him he wasn’t wanted.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’d be surprised if the feelers hadn’t already gone out. I don’t see Rafa walking out on them, especially this soon after joining the club. The only way it would work would be if Everton told him he wasn’t wanted.

Yeh my thoughts too. 

Whats the mood amongst Everton fans?

Everyone knew he was going to be resented there and while I'm sure it doesn't phase Rafa it's fair to say the board we're probably banking on him getting off to a flyer and changing the minds of the fans.

If the fans are still calling for his head I wouldn't be that surprised if Moshiri might entertain the idea of telling Rafa "it's probably best for everyone if you talk to Newcastle and we talk to somecunt like Howe".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If the Scouse makems turn on him,his departure might not be as expensive as you think.Is Rafa the answer long term,because I cannot see him coming if we are only offering an 18 month contract or less.

I got the impression that Rafa was their main target because hes already got the knowledge of the club and players to help them sort shit out on and off the pitch without needing much time to scope things out.

With that in mind I seriously doubt they'd be giving him 18 months. They'd be expecting him to come in with a dossier of what he wanted to do under Ashley, which Rafa no doubt already has written down and ready to present to them.

Edited by Blastronaut

12 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Whats the mood amongst Everton fans?

Everyone knew he was going to be resented there and while I'm sure it doesn't phase Rafa it's fair to say the board we're probably banking on him getting off to a flyer and changing the minds of the fans.

If the fans are still calling for his head I wouldn't be that surprised if Moshiri might entertain the idea of telling Rafa "it's probably best for everyone if you talk to Newcastle and we talk to somecunt like Howe".

I was listening to TalkSport (yes I know) yesterday and the majority wanted him hung.

One bloke who had supposedly supported them for 58 years who watched the home and away wanted him out now.  He said he had been at every game this season and said it was shambolic.  He then went on and said he was a steward at Macclesfield.  How he can manage to watch Everton home and away and be a steward is impressive.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He then went on and said he was a steward at Macclesfield.  How he can manage to watch Everton home and away and be a steward is impressive.

Happens a lot up here tbh. I've had conversations with loads of folk in boozers who seem to be able to spend their Saturdays simultaneously watching their local team and also be in attendance at Ibrox or Parkhead. 

Edit: fully expect them to be the same cunts that phone Clyde1 Super Scoreboard. So basically just the Scottish version of that cunt you're taking about.

Edited by Blastronaut
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

I got the impression that Rafa was their main target because hes already got the knowledge of the club and players to help them sort shit out on and off the pitch without needing much time to scope things out.

With that in mind I seriously doubt they'd be giving him 18 months. They'd be expecting him to come in with a dossier of what he wanted to do under Ashley, which Rafa no doubt already has written down and ready to present to them.

If Rafa does become available,I’d give him a contract until the summer of 2024.If we do get relegated,he’d probably get us back up at the first attempt,which is a possibility because we have quite a few players who don’t give a toss whether we go down or not.I cannot see them moving on in January due to the money they are on.Getting the defence better organised won’t be a problem for Rafa you would think,but we’ll still have a shit defence until they’re all replaced.

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I genuinely think he would put us 1st above everyone. 
Whilst he clearly still has an affection for them, when you see him talk about us it’s love. 

I saw him 3 years ago at the cheltenham literature festival doing a talk about his then new book.

at what you could probably describe as a neutral part of the country there was football tops in the audience from every one of the clubs he'd either played for or managed and he had the good grace to speak affectionately about each and every one of them from scunthorpe to england.

however for the vast majority of the hour long session he talked about US, we hold a special place in his heart and not ashley or the passing of the last 3 years will have dampened that.

love the bloke I do and I'd have him back involved with nufc again in a heartbeat.

and that includes as a manager in preference to a howe or a martinez.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

KK made it clear at that talk in recently that he felt his days coaching were in the past. Which tbf, they absolutely should be. 

Aye let him retire from that side. It was great looking back though and watching him getting stuck in though with the lads when he was manager. 

And yet some terminally nostalgic numpty has written a piece for The Mag saying we should get the band back together with Keegan as manager. That would be bad enough but quite a lot of people were agreeing with him in the comments. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

KK made it clear at that talk in recently that he felt his days coaching were in the past. Which tbf, they absolutely should be. 

aye, I accept that. that and the fact I'm being a nostalgic old fool.

still think he'd do a better job than howe or martinez mind. best not even mention john fucking terry!

:)

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

And yet some terminally nostalgic numpty has written a piece for The Mag saying we should get the band back together with Keegan as manager. That would be bad enough but quite a lot of people were agreeing with him in the comments. 

wasn't me!

• Haha 3

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread