The new manager thread

Polarboy

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Unai were never going to work

If Ballbaggay is to be believed then Emery turned us down for 2 reasons

1 - Staveley can't keep her trap shut

2 - We have Charnley in charge of selling a vision that he clearly Isn't going to be involved in 

Two issues that need to be sorted ASAP. The DOF talk has gone awfully quiet 

• Like 2

Yeah I'd bite your hand off for Santo. His pragmatism and experience in the league is what we need at present. Mind you I'd imagine his ego is hurting at the minute, so he might think going from Spuds to us will hurt his profile even more, who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If Ballbaggay is to be believed then Emery turned us down for 2 reasons

1 - Staveley can't keep her trap shut

2 - We have Charnley in charge of selling a vision that he clearly Isn't going to be involved in

Two issues that need to be sorted ASAP. The DOF talk has gone awfully quiet

Filthy Rich & Catflap.

• Haha 2

Why is Charnley still employed? There can't be that many pencils that still need sharpened. Get shot of the fucking clown. 

I also agree with the post above, Nuno will be looking for an opportunity to bounce right back and he's a much better manager than the lad from Bournemouth who's been out of work for a year because apparently he can't stand to work anywhere north of France. 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Others 'desperate' for the job :lol:

What, fucking Warnock etc.  Get to fuck daft cunt. 

If they’re so desperate wtf is taking so long? We need a manager appointed this week as they absolutely need the international break with the squad. 

• Like 1

It's being said all over the place now but I want to add my voice to it since I was saying it a couple of weeks ago too. Having a lot of money and skill with investments does not make you qualified to run a football club on an operational level.

They need this done basically now IMO, whoever it's going to be, then we should urgently hire a DoF. Get the decision making that pertains to football out of the hands of bean counters and political actors.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

I say this with little confidence, but surely they've done enough homework on the various candidates to quickly move to another option. You would hope they aren't literally starting from scratch, or what was all that shite about interviewing various candidates such as the Fonz.

1 minute ago, acrossthepond said:

Why is Charnley still employed

From what I can gather, he’s basically been running the whole shitshow on his tod under Ashley , so will be the only bloke (currently) at the club with experience of the non-playing side, as fucking laughable as that is. 
I’d imagine once they have a DoF appointed the hamster will be “called to the embassy”. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Santo would be a better option than Howe

He'll have got a payoff wedge, don't those often come with a reduction/cancellation when/if you get another job

Just now, Toonpack said:

He'll have got a payoff wedge, don't those often come with a reduction/cancellation when/if you get another job

Can someone call Bruce and tell him they’re taking on drivers at Asda. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Can someone call Bruce and tell him they’re taking on drivers at Asda. 

Can you imagine how much of the food orders would go missing in transit

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I’d heard from somewhere it was in his deal that if he got sacked within 6 months he’d get no pay off. That could have been why they moved so quick after appointing him rather than giving him a chance. He’d be a better option than Howe imo. 

• Like 1

Downie reckons it's down to Howe and Martinez 😑 Martinez is probably the better choice out of the two given his greater experience. Players would probably be more likely to come as well given he's an internationally known name. Either way Jones is going to be happy given he's worked with both in the past.

Richest club in the world and Howe is a top choice for manager the same guy who picked up 18 points in his last 27 games.......lost 19 drew 3 won 5 that must put him on par with cabbage head, if he gets the job relegation is nailed on

And the sooner Penfold gets kicked out the better he was shite under Fat Mike and clearly is out of his depth

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Honest question. I saw stats this morning that said out of howes last 27 games for Bournemouth, he lost 19.

Why is that a HUGE improvement?

There was more going on there than his ability or lack thereof. Bruce had zero plan beyond "get it to ASM". Howe is a young coach who already has a better idea of how to play the modern game than that fat mess. Look at the comparative squad strength of Bournemouth then and Newcastle now. Even though we're weak in areas, we're still a lot stronger. 

To be fair you have more footballing nous than Bruce.

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread