Eddie Howe

Tom

I'll be fucking gutted if they get rid of Howe. It would be a terrible decision. 

You can't on the one hand talk about how far ahead of schedule we are, but then refuse to accept some backward steps. 

He just needs time - the CL has completely fucked our season as anyone with a brain could have predicted it would. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'll be fucking gutted if they get rid of Howe. It would be a terrible decision. 

You can't on the one hand talk about how far ahead of schedule we are, but then refuse to accept some backward steps. 

He just needs time - the CL has completely fucked our season as anyone with a brain could have predicted it would. 

Spot on. He was a a God two months ago and only the dross would want rid.

That said he needs to rally the boys til the end of the season and ensure the Saudis that he still has it

Still has my 100% support

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The Office Nbc GIF

What Eddie has done for us and how he has taken by the fans etc is massive.  We don't want some ego cunt fucker.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

“It’s a desolate shithole full of cunts, I rent in Newcastle but still have to work here, I cant understand the people, i feel so far from home, I had a kebab for breakfast yesterday and a man offered me a can on the way into training, he probably shouldnt have been driving that taxi”

E9F1B704-19C3-409B-87B9-D45DC04306D7.jpeg

• Haha 12

• 1 month later...

It depends entirely what we spend in the summer. We've absolutely no right to be challenging for top 4 with this squad, and I think the owners know that.

If FFP prevents us strengthening, then punishing the manager for that is how you install a revolving door on the manager's office and buckle the whole project.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I still don’t think he will or deserves getting sacked, however if we aren’t challenging for top 4 next season who won’t last

You're spot on. It isn’t always the manager’s fault but if something needs changed it’s always easier to change the manager rather than the players.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You're spot on. It isn’t always the manager’s fault but if something needs changed it’s always easier to change the manager rather than the players.

True, but who realistically could get a better tune out of what he has to work with, changing the players is paramount and I think (hope) the owners realise that.

• Like 2

The team tonight had Tino, Botman, Gordon, Isak, Bruno etc starting. All £30, £40, £60mil players. 

We've had a nightmare with injuries, but when you've spent £350mil on transfers over 2.5 seasons the Saudi's won't put up with us being in the bottom half of the table. It's frustrating as Chelsea and Man U are having shit seasons (again). 4th-6th all up for grabs and we are nowhere near atm. Dropping points against shite teams week in, week out.

• Like 1

Not a chance. He just needs the backing. If we want a crack at the cups and to be good in the league it’s probably best we miss out on Europe next season.

although I’m sure the finance would take a hit.

Not sure what he can do about the level of defending right now mind. We can't even use the Miley excuse tonight. They're just all over the place.

And you just can't understate the drop off in quality between Pope and Dubravka. I know he was great against Blackburn like but I just have zero confidence in the man and much more importantly it doesnt seem like his defenders do either. 

Edited by aimaad22
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Not sure what he can do about the level of defending right now mind. We can't even use the Miley excuse tonight. They're just all over the place.

And you just can't understate the drop off in quality between Pope and Dubravka. I know he was great against Blackburn like but I just have zero confidence in the man and much more importantly it doesnt seem like his defenders do either. 

Pope suits Howe’s system but we concede too many chances. 

Botman doesn’t look back to his best, Burn isn’t a top quality left back, longstaff has been carrying an injury/crap for months now.  

Miley actually looked good when he came on. Maybe he should start ahead of Longstaff next week?

58 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Miley actually looked good when he came on. Maybe he should start ahead of Longstaff next week?

I am of this opinion as well.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I was surprised Miley came on for Bruno instead of longstaff, whose form is minging

Avoiding yellow card/saving for the weekend I assume

6 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Avoiding yellow card/saving for the weekend I assume

Yeah, maybe he plans to give Longstaff a full rest this weekend.

Willock hasn't done a 90 yet and Bruno must have played a million games this year (plus internationals in South America)

• Like 1