Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

27 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Seems to me like weve stepped away from central midfield with the Tonali deal done.

No bids were reported for Maddison after that deal and so far its the same for Szoboszlai at the moment.

This makes a lot of sense. But I really, really wanted Szoboszlai.

• Like 1

If we’re willing to sidestep this kid, there’ll be someone else they have lined up as a contingency. If he was even first choice to begin with. Apparently Barella was “Howe’s first choice” a week before he got his actual first choice with Tonali

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

IMG_2206.jpeg

in the last couple of days I've spent an absolute fucking fortune on 10 litres of oil for the sprinter, 6 litres of oil for the connect, 1 litre of transmission oil for me little mtx125 along with a litre of 2 stroke oil for the same bike.

and these cunts can't even be arsed to sign a hungarian kid.

pathetic really.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

They're not in the Champions League this coming season. But they're an elite side and it's likely that they'll be in the Champions League spots this season. We have the parts in place, but we're not there yet.

Oh, and we have that sort of signing in; Isak, Bruno, Tonali, Botman, Trippier. And there'll be more to come. Just maybe not this window.

I wasn't saying that they're not 'elite', more that we have to take advantage of our advance in schedule to buy this level and age of player. An important aspect with Szoboszlai was wages. He's on wages now where we could afford to give him a hefty bump without breaking the structure and/or bank. That requires the rare balance of age, skill and club. Plus physically I think he would have fit right in. Now I have to hope that I was spectacularly wrong with my thoughts on him, and that he fails miserably at Liverpool.

• Like 1

I can understand the fans disappointment. The perceived wisdom was that we let the Maddison deal slide because we were more interested in this kid. Now he's not happening either. 

Not to turn into one of those entitled fanbases already, but we need to strengthen the squad to maintain the status quo. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs aren't going to have shit seasons together again this year. And if Isak/Wilson/Schar/Botman/Almiron etc pick up a bad injury, we are back into Lascelles, Richie, Dummett territory 

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

I wasn't saying that they're not 'elite', more that we have to take advantage of our advance in schedule to buy this level and age of player. An important aspect with Szoboszlai was wages. He's on wages now where we could afford to give him a hefty bump without breaking the structure and/or bank. That requires the rare balance of age, skill and club. Plus physically I think he would have fit right in. Now I have to hope that I was spectacularly wrong with my thoughts on him, and that he fails miserably at Liverpool.

But there'll be other Szoboszlais. Where we can both afford the fee and the wages without knackering our existing wage structure or breaking FFP. Hell, we might buy that Szoboszlai when he's younger/cheaper.

• Like 1

I remember the club missing a trick in January. By not paying over the odds then it meant we missed out on CL qualification :razz: 

Also, the owners want shooting for not having all transfer business completed before the end of June :razz:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I remember the club missing a trick in January. By not paying over the odds then it meant we missed out on CL qualification :razz: 

Also, the owners want shooting for not having all transfer business completed before the end of June :razz:

Alreet Captain Sarcasmo?

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Alreet Captain Sarcasmo?

What’s happened to the 29 year old double barrelled muthafucker you were desperate for us to sign until you looked on Twitter one day and saw we were linked with a different unpronounceable surname cunt who could equally be the second coming of Zidane or maybe just shite? :cuppa:

People need to let go of what they can’t control. Chill. Smoke some. It might be great and it might be gruel. It’s life Dave 🤷🏻‍♂️

image.gif

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

What’s happened to the 29 year old double barrelled muthafucker you were desperate for us to sign until you looked on Twitter one day and saw we were linked with a different unpronounceable surname cunt who could equally be the second coming of Zidane or maybe just shite? :cuppa:

People need to let go of what they can’t control. Chill. Smoke some. It might be great and it might be gruel. It’s life Dave 🤷🏻‍♂️

image.gif

I dunno who or what you're flapping your gums about.

Oh and I'm so chill I'm frosty.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I dunno who or what you're flapping your gums about.

Oh and I'm so chill I'm frosty.

The Serb from Lazio?… you were keen on him to say the least. Looks like he’s replacing Tonali at Milan?? :lol:

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The Serb from Lazio?… you were keen on him to say the least. Looks like he’s replacing Tonali at Milan?? :lol:

Whey he cannit be that good if he's always on the bench? #Ashington 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The Serb from Lazio?… you were keen on him to say the least. Looks like he’s replacing Tonali at Milan?? :lol:

Slinky Malinky? 

• Haha 4

Give over you Cretaceous cretin, it's called excitement. Not all of us remember the FA cup wins. Hell, some of us don't even remember KK the first time round. This is new ground, it's all right to go a little crazy about the next top player the internet says we're signing that nee fucker's ever heard of. Sorry if you had your sense of wonder surgically removed after D-Day. 

1 minute ago, acrossthepond said:

Give over you Cretaceous cretin, it's called excitement. Not all of us remember the FA cup wins. Hell, some of us don't even remember KK the first time round. This is new ground, it's all right to go a little crazy about the next top player the internet says we're signing that nee fucker's ever heard of. Sorry if you had your sense of wonder surgically removed after D-Day. 

op tells GIF

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Cheer up man, go and buy a gun or something.

• Haha 4

We're 25% through the transfer window. Yonks before the league kicks off even. I never used to bother with these transfer threads, cos I know fuck all and anyway, Ashley. Thought I'd pop me head in this time. Is it always like this? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

A new name to add to the list. Samuel Chukwueze, a Nigerian winger who plays for Villarreal. Supposedly AC Milan are leading the race but are haggling over the price of 25-30m euros. He could be a decent option on the right for us. He's supposedly ridiculously fast. Milan fans are going to be burning effigies of the club if we gazump them on this lad as well. 

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/newcastle-now-monitoring-amazing-25m-winger-who-is-absolutely-rapid-journalist/

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You mean Milinkovic-Savic? Yeah, he'd be great. We were linked in January, he's got a year left on his contract but will be 29 when it expires. Lazio have offered him a 4yr deal, but it's not clear if he's keen on staying. He'd cost around £30m, apparently. 

I'd love him here, but like you say he may be off to Milan. 

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

A new name to add to the list. Samuel Chukwueze, a Nigerian winger who plays for Villarreal. Supposedly AC Milan are leading the race but are haggling over the price of 25-30m euros. He could be a decent option on the right for us. He's supposedly ridiculously fast. Milan fans are going to be burning effigies of the club if we gazump them on this lad as well. 

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/newcastle-now-monitoring-amazing-25m-winger-who-is-absolutely-rapid-journalist/

Im all in:good:

I do actually think we're more likely to be looking for a winger/forward as opposed to a midfielder/winger now that we've signed Tonali. Which is why links to players like Chiesa, Kudus and Chukwueze make a lot of sense. The Diaby links of course seem to have gone completely cold. I think Howe trusts both Longstaff and Willock to do a job for us along with Bruno, Tonali and Big Joe. An upgrade on Almiron and Murphy seems a much more pressing concern. Willock especially if he can continue his progression could save us a lot of money. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

The Brazilian transfer window opens on Monday apparently. Seen a story saying that if we're still interested in this Franca lad that we'll likely stick a bid in then. 

Bet you've never seen him play. You just like him cos he's foreign.

What does he play? A False Puttanesca? 

Gan strerk yer beeyadd, ya fockin doyle cunt.

Dead easy, this luddite lark.

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season