Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

It takes a lot of getting used to, but it's fucking great 

I know. It’s  the exact opposite of the lets just get through this season shit we were all used to

• Like 4

That steam is likely coming off the big pile of shite. I'd love for us to sign him, but some armchair detectives have seen that he follows some of our players on insta, he has family who support Newcastle, he has the same agents as Howe, Livramento and Barnes, and NUFCblog had an "exclusive" that they were told by sauces close to recruitment that we were interested. Even if we are interested that would be us and most of the league. I hope I'm incorrect but it seems on the face of it to be very unlikely. 

• Haha 1

I could definitely see us identifying another RCB as a priority over LB atm, just on numbers alone tbh. Maybe they see Targett and Livramento, with Burn covering there and LCB as sufficient until we get to January and one of the left backs on our list becomes available. I still think we see a couple of young players come in later on in the window to float between U23 and the first team without being registered. I know we were linked with Jebbison from Sheffield United and could easily see us getting a couple that fit that profile. Probably a striker and a keeper

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I'd imagine if that's the case we'll let it sit like that for a while rather than up our offer.

:lol: Why is Ornstein or these clubs bringing up market value? Firstly they need to stop crying any and everytime the club do anything, there’s nothing dodgy about the ASM deal - it’s a fair fee all things considered it’s not like we’re getting 55m for Hendricks. There’s also no such rule or anything about market value, they could give us 300m if they wanted. I also don’t get why they think the PL has purview over what a Saudi Arabian club do, even UEFA doesn’t - if our owners wanted to take the piss they absolutely could have as there’s nothing stopping them, but they haven’t and still these clubs and journalists whinge I can’t see the PL wanting to touch this one with a ten foot barge pole as they’ll know PiF are playing ball. 

I also don’t get all these conspiracies about the ASM deal, if the PiF was using these clubs to massively aid NUFC they’d never have given Liverpool and Chelsea large sums of money for their aging/unwanted players :lol: completely flies in the face of the idea they’re helping NUFC with this. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Why is Ornstein or these clubs bringing up market value? Firstly they need to stop crying any and everytime the club do anything, there’s nothing dodgy about the ASM deal - it’s a fair fee all things considered it’s not like we’re getting 55m for Hendricks. There’s also no such rule or anything about market value, they could give us 300m if they wanted. I also don’t get why they think the PL has purview over what a Saudi Arabian club do, even UEFA doesn’t - if our owners wanted to take the piss they absolutely could have as there’s nothing stopping them, but they haven’t and still these clubs and journalists whinge I can’t see the PL wanting to touch this one with a ten foot barge pole as they’ll know PiF are playing ball. 

I also don’t get all these conspiracies about the ASM deal, if the PiF was using these clubs to massively aid NUFC they’d never have given Liverpool and Chelsea large sums of money for their aging/unwanted players :lol: completely flies in the face of the idea they’re helping NUFC with this. 

I've just seen this. It's staggering isn't it? :lol:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If we sell him for £30m I reckon that’s undervaluing him tbh.

Exactly. It’s complaining for the sake of it to make business dealings for a competitor as difficult as possible.

• Like 4

There’s nothing they can do to stop it. And you’d imagine any attempt to regulate fees would be totally unworkable anyway. As it’s far more subjective than sponsorship deals. Even then we know from the past any regulations are only going to benefit the richer clubs anyway. On top of it being ludicrous given what’s already happened 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

Who complained when Chelsea basically survived by selling all their players?

ASM doesn’t even raise any eyebrows in terms of fee. It it was £80m then I could see it was a bit of a piss-take but he is undervalued if anything.

• Like 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season