Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently Brighton have an agreement with Watford over Joao Pedro

shame. he fits the bill and is probably the striker profile we're going for - young, bags of potential, happy to be rotated in and out as third choice behind isak and wilson. 

i wouldn't be surprised if we go back in for ekitke 

• Like 2

Fuck Ekitike. Dicked us about and then PSG want shot two thirds of the way through his first season.

We had a lucky escape there and I reckon that's what they'll think within the club too.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck Ekitike. Dicked us about and then PSG want shot two thirds of the way through his first season.

We had a lucky escape there and I reckon that's what they'll think within the club too.

we've been linked with him again and we have a habit of going back in for long-term targets. 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we've been linked with him again and we have a habit of going back in for long-term targets. 

Can’t imagine why unless it’s on the cheap 

Probably just "Newcastle wanted to sign him before, they'll want him again" twitter journo bollocks. Unless I've missed something, I've not even heard him mentioned by anyone who gets things right about us.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t imagine why unless it’s on the cheap 

that may be the case. apparently psg loaned him with an option to buy which they may decide not to trigger, or they may be forced to sell him at a loss if it's an obligation rather than an option. 

these reports came from france, so fuck knows if there's anything in it. we do seem to persist with players we've been linked with over multiple windows though. 

@Gemmillthe stato bloke from toon review was raving about his stats in their latest transfer show, despite his limited game time for PSG. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that may be the case. apparently psg loaned him with an option to buy which they may decide not to trigger, or they may be forced to sell him at a loss if it's an obligation rather than an option. 

these reports came from france, so fuck knows if there's anything in it. we do seem to persist with players we've been linked with over multiple windows though. 

@Gemmillthe stato bloke from toon review was raving about his stats in their latest transfer show, despite his limited game time for PSG. 

Thought it was loan with them buying him being compulsory. But if they want shot after his dream move to his boyhood club. After less than a season and after they way he fucked us about, I just don’t get the appeal. But what the fuck do I know? If Howe and Ashworth want him I’ll trust them 100%. Btw, riding electric scooters at speed down the Southbank, whilst listening to grime and jungle from a boombox seems to be a thing now. What I want to know is - why didn’t you say hello? 

• Haha 9

They should have me on there. I wouldn't dream of doing anything so crude as pulling a website up - that's the same website (fbref) that I've got ALL the data off it into Power BI. 

AMATEURS! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

They should have me on there. I wouldn't dream of doing anything so crude as pulling a website up - that's the same website (fbref) that I've got ALL the data off it into Power BI. 

AMATEURS! 

Ellie Kemper Nerd GIF by The Office

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

AMATEURS! 

Eddie reckons you’re a loser.

• Haha 10

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

AMATEURS! 

excel-humor-funny-pics-207-6266ae38c5ae0

• Haha 7

Me and Eddie would be great mates. Start the day at 6am at the training ground, some weights followed by shirtless volleyball, then straight to the laptop for some data analysis. Shirts would remain off.

• Haha 13

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Probably a knacker statement, soz, but I’d like us to get an elite or soon to be elite keeper in. I know he hasn’t had a great deal to do this season, but I don’t think he commands his area well, distributes well, is rubbish with his feet and I seem to notice much better shop stoppers when I watch other games.

We should get Pickford in 🤣

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season