Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

15 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

With our initial starting budget of £20 million, it will mean Jamal Lewis will probably need to break the world record transfer fee to give us the funds we need

I hope Jamal likes the idea of being Christiano Ronaldo's brand new 300-million-pound teammate.

Edited by toonotl
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Wor Sean knows tho 

I don't think he's got any inside knowledge at all, but I do think we'll be ni the conversation for Declan Rice. 

Bellingham will go to Man City or Madrid or maybe even PSG? Essentially somewhere that'll be in the CL, fighting for the domestic title and competing on all fronts with world class teammates and a world class coach.

Arsenal could both afford and attract Rice, but might want to continue their pursuit of Caicedo and they wouldn't be able to afford both. Also, Caicedo has been playing in a style more akin to Arsenal's while at Brighton. 

No idea about MUFC's interest in Mac Alistair but you'd have to assume that Brighton will want to keep hold of at least one of their midfield stars, if not both. Rice is a good option.

Liverpool would surely want Rice, but they don't spend a lot of money and can't promise Champions League football. They'd have to sell a star to afford Rice and that may actually take them further from the CL chase next season.

We can afford him, can give him CL football, and he's still young enough that he can still get the massive money move in a few years to Madrid or whoever.

• Like 3

I would imagine that the match is so perfect from our side's perspective on what we need in a midfielder that the decision will come down to Rice. I'd expect us to in for him for absolutely everything we can muster (provided we make it for the CL spot). There's no better option in world football than Rice at 6 for us for where we are at the moment imo.

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I would be gutted to see Bellingham go to PSG.  The kid is class and I would love to see what he can do in the Prem, albeit with City.

Well, not gutted disappointed. 

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: I wouldn’t believe it but Chelsea’s ownership make this story likely to be true. I genuinely think they’re one of the most clueless groups of owners we’ve seen, they went on that massive spree last season but were still demanding insane money like £50m for Gallagher. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: I wouldn’t believe it but Chelsea’s ownership make this story likely to be true. I genuinely think they’re one of the most clueless groups of owners we’ve seen, they went on that massive spree last season but were still demanding insane money like £50m for Gallagher. 

They have to try to get insane money to fix their own insane purchases to get out of their FFP black hole. Trouble is everyone knows and will have them over a barrel 🙂 

• Like 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season