Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what do you reckon Diego - is he worth a punt?

No.

He is 23 years old and he is the same player that he was in 2019 when he arrived at Atleti.

Honestly, the boy has talent. He is very good. And if he wanted to work... he could become a World top player.

But he do not want. He doesn't run. He thinks he's much better than he is and hasn't really proven anything. He has a terrible environment that blurs everything. Since he has not been in the squad, Atleti has not stopped winning and has the best streak and the maximum number of points of all the teams in Europe.

And also, he is a very very fragile and injury prone player.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Diego21 said:

No.

He is 23 years old and he is the same player that he was in 2019 when he arrived at Atleti.

Honestly, the boy has talent. He is very good. And if he wanted to work... he could become a World top player.

But he do not want. He doesn't run. He thinks he's much better than he is and hasn't really proven anything. He has a terrible environment that blurs everything. Since he has not been in the squad, Atleti has not stopped winning and has the best streak and the maximum number of points of all the teams in Europe.

And also, he is a very very fragile and injury prone player.

image.gif.7c674c7866713f40cf8775e5fb254e70.gif

• Haha 3

On 24/01/2023 at 08:34, Gemmill said:

I was listening to the Athletic podcast episode about Juventus, the docked points, and the fact that Paratici (now director of football at Spurs) is now banned from Italian football for 30 months. 

Questions outstanding as to whether Spurs will have to sack him and he's seen as integral to their transfer dealings. 

Would be nice if this could set them back even further. 

:whistle: Corruption rears its head again.

8 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:whistle: Corruption rears its head again.

Juventus just had a stand closure appeal reversed too after their fans racially abused Lukaku. It pays to be a racist cheat in Italy.

• Like 1

According to Nixon in the sun, Ashworth was seen scouting Adam Wharton an 18 year old who plays in midfield for Blackburn. By the description attached to him he sounds like a complete midfielder able to score, assist and tackle. Seems like there's going to be a big fight for him at the end of the season, but we shouldn't underestimate how attractive a proposition we'll be should we, as is looking likely, qualify for the Champions League. I'm actually more excited about Ashworth finding a Mitoma, Mac Allister etc for relatively little money than I am about some player for 80, 100m. Mind you given how expensive young English players are I wouldn't be surprised if Wharton's price is well above the 12m that Brighton paid for Mac Allister for example. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 5

As much as you can tell from a youtube video he looks decent. He could do with filling out obviously but he is only 18. That's one of the risks you take with signing teenagers though, given you can't always foresee how a player will develop physically. Having said all that he seemed fairly strong in the tackle and possession regardless. 

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Think other prem clubs were looking too

There was supposedly 30 odd scouts at the game watching him. Not sure I could name 30 teams with a realistic chance of paying the likely 20 + million for him, but that's what the paper said. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I have no idea where the idea we might be in for Kane came from but it’s striking that barely anyone in the comments would want to sign him

Aye agreed not sure where he’s getting the idea we’d be in for Kane tbh. The reason we’d not be in for him is the reason I think he’s going to have an issue trying to leave spurs - his cost. There’s no doubting Kane is a brilliant player but at the age he is the fee they’ll be asking is better spent elsewhere. Isak is clearly a special player 10 goals in 11 PL starts (4 sub apps) for a 23 year old in his first season in the league, all while suffering a prolonged spell out with an injury, points to that. We don’t need to go and spend 100m+ on a striker, the money is far better spent elsewhere and we can continue to let Isak grow as a player. 

• Like 3

There's also the issue that he's pony. He'd be great for scoring the fourth goal in a 5-1 defeat of Leicester though, or maybe a hat-trick against Sheffield Wednesday in the FA cup fifth round. 

I'm not sure if I need a safety wink. I'm also not sure if one is warranted, so I'll leave it up to the reader. 

5 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

There's also the issue that he's pony. He'd be great for scoring the fourth goal in a 5-1 defeat of Leicester though, or maybe a hat-trick against Sheffield Wednesday in the FA cup fifth round. 

I'm not sure if I need a safety wink. I'm also not sure if one is warranted, so I'll leave it up to the reader. 

Listening to TalkSport last night and all the Spurs fans calling in and all the pundits etc are all saying how there is nobody on that pitch taking control and leadership.

:lol:

There is the current ENGLAND CAPTAIN on the fucking pitch.  Did anyone say anything about that?  No because they cannot be seen to criticise the absolute dribbling cunt

• Haha 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season