Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

no guarantee the manc are going to win anything in the next few years. 

You, sir, are fucking enigma. 

Manchester United are one of the biggest, richest clubs on the planet, they've got a decent manager and a plethora of talent. No, there's no guarantees in football, but they're more likely to win a trophy next season than most of the League.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Manchester United are one of the biggest, richest clubs on the planet, they've got a decent manager and a plethora of talent. No, there's no guarantees in football, but they're more likely to win a trophy next season than most of the League.

They're winning nothing, you heard the man.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Youre probably right but the point to me  is Bayern are a better bet to win their league title next season..

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If I were Kane, at the back end of a career, I’d go to a club with the best chance of winning a trophy. Man U just went 5 years without silverware. The Man City ship has sailed. Real presumably are going to want to replace Benzema at some point. Bayern lack a number 9. Both would give Kane a better chance of winning major honours. Depends on how much beating Shearer’s record means to him, I suppose. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

If I were Kane, at the back end of a career, I’d go to a club with the best chance of winning a trophy. Man U just went 5 years without silverware. The Man City ship has sailed. Real presumably are going to want to replace Benzema at some point. Bayern lack a number 9. Both would give Kane a better chance of winning major honours. Depends on how much beating Shearer’s record means to him, I suppose. 

If they signed Harry Kane, they wouldn't go another 5 season without a trophy, that's for fucking sure. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He's 29.  Sheringham went there at 32(ish) and albeit in a miles better side won bag loads of trophies.

If we are going to be replacing a team in the 'Top 6', it's gonna be Spurs, not Man Utd

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Youre probably right but the point to me  is Bayern are a better bet to win their league title next season..

Who gives a flying fuck about the Bundesliga though. I doubt Germans even care about it that much anymore given it may as well be renamed the Bayern cup. You could perhaps argue we're getting to the same stage with Man City, but at least it's still somewhat competitive, and when Pep leaves there'll likely be a changing of the guard, hopefully to us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Not to mention France's WC winning captain. Though I suppose he was in no position to criticise anyone.

I love how during the WC all the discussion around Lloris was how laughable the coverage he gets here is, and how amazing he is, but then he puts in performances like that for Spurs :lol:

In terms of Kane I think it’ll be Manchester United, he won’t leave the PL as he’s clearly wanting the record and I don’t really think Bayern are the sort to pay that kind of fee for a player whereas Manchester United absolutely are the type of club to pay it. He will add to their list of quality players in a disjointed team so he will win them games and Ten Hag will get praise despite doing absolutely nothing different to the prior managers who also failed to make any type of cohesive side. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

There's only one club he'd go to now, the club that would pay the cash and need him the most, Man United. They have a history of getting top strikers from other 'top' English clubs and this falls into that bracket. You'd hope that although he will undoubtedly make them better it might be a case of the rest of their squad suffering from the reduced money available to strengthen if they pay top dollar for Kane. Top heavy up front, weaker elsewhere especially if injuries kick in and the amazing coach ETH plays him to death when they're in the latter stages of all comps.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Howay said:

I love how during the WC all the discussion around Lloris was how laughable the coverage he gets here is, and how amazing he is, but then he puts in performances like that for Spurs :lol:

In terms of Kane I think it’ll be Manchester United, he won’t leave the PL as he’s clearly wanting the record and I don’t really think Bayern are the sort to pay that kind of fee for a player whereas Manchester United absolutely are the type of club to pay it. He will add to their list of quality players in a disjointed team so he will win them games and Ten Hag will get praise despite doing absolutely nothing different to the prior managers who also failed to make any type of cohesive side. 

That fucking bell end Phil McNulty had nauseating, sycophantic bollocks-riddled piece on the BBC website about what a good job ETH had done. It must’ve been up on there within about 30 seconds of the penalty shootout ending v Brighton. Not a fucking bit of insight in it. He justified it by stating the obvious, ie they’d won the league cup and were now in the fa cup final. I’d love Man City to give them an absolute hiding 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

There's only one club he'd go to now, the club that would pay the cash and need him the most, Man United. They have a history of getting top strikers from other 'top' English clubs and this falls into that bracket. You'd hope that although he will undoubtedly make them better it might be a case of the rest of their squad suffering from the reduced money available to strengthen if they pay top dollar for Kane. Top heavy up front, weaker elsewhere especially if injuries kick in and the amazing coach ETH plays him to death when they're in the latter stages of all comps.

Love it for them to buy him for 100m, pay him 300k per week and then he is injured on the first weekend (nothing too serious of course - don't hate the bloke), only getting back in time for the Euros. :smile:

• Like 1

Interesting Hope saying that Newcastle have plans on picking up one player from a relegated team. Ward-Prowse? Maddison?

Looking at the league table there and the final relegation spot is one from Leicester, Leeds or Forest (Everton are sunk, as you know). I'd probably pick Leicester to go just for the Maddison opportunity.

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Interesting Hope saying that Newcastle have plans on picking up one player from a relegated team. Ward-Prowse? Maddison?

Looking at the league table there and the final relegation spot is one from Leicester, Leeds or Forest (Everton are sunk, as you know). I'd probably pick Leicester to go just for the Maddison opportunity.

Lavia from Southampton, I’d guess

• Like 2

Probably a knacker statement, soz, but I’d like us to get an elite or soon to be elite keeper in. I know he hasn’t had a great deal to do this season, but I don’t think he commands his area well, distributes well, is rubbish with his feet and I seem to notice much better shop stoppers when I watch other games.

13 minutes ago, strawb said:

It will be Harrison from leeds imo 

He's been wank recently.  Needs the Howe treatment but on a free that would be a canny signing and strengthens the overall depth of the squad.

9 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Oh good, we’re doing this again 

Pope commands his area superbly. He is very brave. He'll never been in Ederson/Allison class of distribution but I don think next season we need to concentrate on the GK position.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Probably a knacker statement, soz, but I’d like us to get an elite or soon to be elite keeper in. I know he hasn’t had a great deal to do this season, but I don’t think he commands his area well, distributes well, is rubbish with his feet and I seem to notice much better shop stoppers when I watch other games.

IMG_5806.jpeg

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Pope is fucking class. He's earned us loads of points this season and made massive saves at really important moments in games. Aye he's wobbly when he comes out of his box, but keepers that are that good in their area AND can come out and take players on basically don't exist (outside of the couple that do and they're already at the level of club that reflects their scarcity).

You've been doing so well recently but it should come as no surprise to you to learn that you've got this one wrong.

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season