Jump to content

Bruno Guimarães


wykikitoon
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bruno’s mind is elsewhere, probably on social media. Why else would you take your child on to the pitch v one of the best sides in the league? Tbf, that’s on Howe for allowing it. Can anyone give me an positive argument for how looking after an infant prepares a footballer for one of the biggest games of the season? Did you see Roy Keane or Patrick Viera do it? Does anyone want to guess at how Fergie or Wenger would’ve answered the request?…

 

I voiced concerns about him last season and am not suggesting am 100% correct but at the moment he is completely over hyped . His contribution  for the last third of last season was negligible (post suspension) and he’s continued in that vein this season. Yes Tonali changes the balance, yes we’re missing Willock and it now appears Joelinton has an injury. But when your Brazilian international midfield lynchpin is given a lesson in how to play that role to perfection by BILLY FUCKIN GILMOUR then you know you’re in trouble.  It’s weird, sometimes it appeared that we couldn’t beat anyone without him but currently he’s nowhere near good enough to put it up to the best PL midfielders.

 

 The badge kissing self regarding fuckin wanksock needs to get his head out of twitter (wtf was he doing reading his own press? Guilty conscience per chance?) and needs to start thinking about football. And Howe needs to stop indulging him :cuppa: 

 

There. Am pleased I’ve got that off my chest :)  (This is probably stated a bit too strongly but it is difficult to argue iyam. Did I mention I fuckin hate badge kissers? 😆

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have thought Tonali coming in has unsettled him a bit, his nose seems a bit out of joint at not being the big dog or main man in CM and I feel that’s why he keeps relentlessly trying these Hollywood passes rather than just playing it simple. 
 

He’s clearly an emotional player and needs coached to channel that a bit as I do agree he’s let himself become too involved with social media where the reaction simply isn’t rational. 
 

I’d prefer we moved him up to 8 and tried Longstaff at 6 as I feel he’s a bit wasted at 6 and clearly is overstretching himself rather than playing the role. I’ve mentioned before I know a club scout and from what I’ve heard Howe has been adamant Bruno is a 6 despite them identifying and bringing him in as an 8 (the games we scouted him where he played 6 he was subbed off every time), which is why we didn’t get a 6 this summer. Hoping it’s a bit of bitter bullshit tbh as I really don’t think Bruno suits the defensive midfield slot. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Howay thank you for your slightly more considered critique :lol: 

 

If Joelinton is fit I think he’s the best 6 we’ve got. I think a rest period for Bruno would be good for him . Anderson needs to be trusted this season or he might as well not be here. Yesterday proved Targett isn’t good enough for where we’re heading so Hall comes in there if Botman isn’t fit. But EH won’t change much until the post champions league midweeks/league cup games start iyam..

 

edit: it’s maybe coming quicker than I thought, he might change it for Brentford with Milan upcoming on the Tuesday 👍

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think you can pick on any of the players after the last few games.

 

Nick Pope has been absolute shite this season as well. 


Nick Pope doesn’t play up to the crowd like a school team patter merchant who subsequently delivers the square root of fuck all. We know Bruno’s ability but because his head’s elsewhere he’s not doing what he’s paid to do 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Howay thank you for your slightly more considered critique :lol: 

 

If Joelinton is fit I think he’s the best 6 we’ve got. I think a rest period for Bruno would be good for him . Anderson needs to be trusted this season or he might as well not be here. Yesterday proved Targett isn’t good enough for where we’re heading so Hall comes in there if Botman isn’t fit. But EH won’t change much until the post champions league midweeks/league cup games start iyam..

:lol: Swapping places for our Almiron criticism. 
 

Aye I’ve always worried Howe has been very conservative/slow to bed players in when sometimes you really should just throw players in. Obviously he’s a top football manager and I’m not so his way has worked up to now, but I do think he got it wrong playing Targett - Hall or even Lascelles were the better options iyam. My biggest complaint with Burn is that the team is so unbalanced with him at left back, the left winger is so isolated at times and it leads to this over reliance on the right with so many chances falling to Almiron. Really hoping Hall brings balance to the build up play. 
 

I’m a fan of Bruno but do worry he’s been caught up a bit too much in all the hype, he has to know due to the project we have he was always going to be one of many stars rather than the big star in the pond but he seems to be struggling a bit with that. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree. He was fantastic his first year here and has the potential to be one of the best around. His issues last few months have been highlighted already, really hope he can sort it out and the coaching team can help him to it. 

 

I'm hopeful Howe will have Tonali Barnes and Hall integrated into his systems soon and they will all regularly start. A good performance or two and everything could start clicking again. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joelinton isn't himself for whatever reason and Bruno needs dropping and told he can only come back when he's not a bird.

 

I'd pick Miley ahead of them to shame them into bucking their ideas up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Bruno’s mind is elsewhere, probably on social media. Why else would you take your child on to the pitch v one of the best sides in the league? Tbf, that’s on Howe for allowing it. Can anyone give me an positive argument for how looking after an infant prepares a footballer for one of the biggest games of the season? Did you see Roy Keane or Patrick Viera do it? Does anyone want to guess at how Fergie or Wenger would’ve answered the request?…

 

I voiced concerns about him last season and am not suggesting am 100% correct but at the moment he is completely over hyped . His contribution  for the last third of last season was negligible (post suspension) and he’s continued in that vein this season. Yes Tonali changes the balance, yes we’re missing Willock and it now appears Joelinton has an injury. But when your Brazilian international midfield lynchpin is given a lesson in how to play that role to perfection by BILLY FUCKIN GILMOUR then you know you’re in trouble.  It’s weird, sometimes it appeared that we couldn’t beat anyone without him but currently he’s nowhere near good enough to put it up to the best PL midfielders.

 

 The badge kissing self regarding fuckin wanksock needs to get his head out of twitter (wtf was he doing reading his own press? Guilty conscience per chance?) and needs to start thinking about football. And Howe needs to stop indulging him :cuppa: 

 

There. Am pleased I’ve got that off my chest :)  (This is probably stated a bit too strongly but it is difficult to argue iyam. Did I mention I fuckin hate badge kissers? 😆

 

 

 

 

 

I ring me 86 year old dad up after every match and he was fucking livid about this, was still ranting on about it when I called him after the brighton game.

there's maybe a place for the players to have their little'uns on the pitch after the last home game of the season, but that's it.

astonished too that howe allowed it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Swapping places for our Almiron criticism. 
 

Aye I’ve always worried Howe has been very conservative/slow to bed players in when sometimes you really should just throw players in. Obviously he’s a top football manager and I’m not so his way has worked up to now, but I do think he got it wrong playing Targett - Hall or even Lascelles were the better options iyam. My biggest complaint with Burn is that the team is so unbalanced with him at left back, the left winger is so isolated at times and it leads to this over reliance on the right with so many chances falling to Almiron. Really hoping Hall brings balance to the build up play. 
 

I’m a fan of Bruno but do worry he’s been caught up a bit too much in all the hype, he has to know due to the project we have he was always going to be one of many stars rather than the big star in the pond but he seems to be struggling a bit with that. 


Burn definitely isn’t the long term answer - either at left back or centre half - but I’m going to stick up for him a bit.
 

He was horrible against Brighton and I’d rather have seen Hall or Lascelles too. But he was an important part of how we played last season. Solid defensively in the main. He kept plenty of highly-rated wingers quiet last season, despite his obvious limitations, including Saka. There was only really Foden away at Man City who made him look like a lumbering 6ft6 centre back playing out of position.

 

He also gave us extra protection, allowing us to move to three at a back while in possession when Tripper bombs up the field playing almost like a right winger at times. You can see from average touch position stats that we played more like an inverted 3-4-3 than a 4-3-3, with Trippier playing in more like an additional midfielder and Burn as a left sided centre half at times.
 

When Hall comes in, we will need to make some tweaks to the system because, from what I’ve seen, he likes to bomb on too, which means the two centre backs will have more work to do. Though it will hopefully be a positive long term tactical change for the reasons you mentioned. We became predictable last season, as so much of our play came through Tripper, Bruno and Almiron down our right. 

 

I’m happy with Burn as a squad player at CB or LB against the poorer PL teams but playing him CB against a team as good as Brighton was a mistake.  

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

https://twitter.com/fun88eng/status/1698441122043805746?s=46&t=7EP1snWKh3ho3iDGAoo5gw
 

Do not give PL a megaphone or Bruno will feel like being back in France…

 

That couldn't happen at NUFC because there'd be an hour's debate about who should have the microphone followed by a fortnight of bitching on twitter. 

 

Or certain people would bring their own mics in so you'd have the likes of Tory boy, Pearson, Wraith and the rest of them facing off at the same time against each other like a latter day run DMC.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Bruno’s mind is elsewhere, probably on social media. Why else would you take your child on to the pitch v one of the best sides in the league? Tbf, that’s on Howe for allowing it. Can anyone give me an positive argument for how looking after an infant prepares a footballer for one of the biggest games of the season? Did you see Roy Keane or Patrick Viera do it? Does anyone want to guess at how Fergie or Wenger would’ve answered the request?…

 

I voiced concerns about him last season and am not suggesting am 100% correct but at the moment he is completely over hyped . His contribution  for the last third of last season was negligible (post suspension) and he’s continued in that vein this season. Yes Tonali changes the balance, yes we’re missing Willock and it now appears Joelinton has an injury. But when your Brazilian international midfield lynchpin is given a lesson in how to play that role to perfection by BILLY FUCKIN GILMOUR then you know you’re in trouble.  It’s weird, sometimes it appeared that we couldn’t beat anyone without him but currently he’s nowhere near good enough to put it up to the best PL midfielders.

 

 The badge kissing self regarding fuckin wanksock needs to get his head out of twitter (wtf was he doing reading his own press? Guilty conscience per chance?) and needs to start thinking about football. And Howe needs to stop indulging him :cuppa: 

 

There. Am pleased I’ve got that off my chest :)  (This is probably stated a bit too strongly but it is difficult to argue iyam. Did I mention I fuckin hate badge kissers? 😆

 

 

 

 


I feel like I’m the minority here but Bruno was by far the worst player in the team yesterday. I don’t think he’s the biggest problem.
 

He was trying to make things happen. I think the problem is a positional one and the  midfield seems unbalanced. Howe’s idea is Bruno and Tonali rotate as the DM but they’re not disciplined enough, at least not yet. One of them has to be instructed to sit deep and protect the back four. There was far too much space between our defence and midfield for Harrison to exploit. He was able to receive the ball, turn 180 and still have plenty of time to pick his spot for his second. That can’t be allowed to happen again.

 

I think Tonali and Bruno can work together. It looked good against Villa but it hasn’t since. Howe has some work to do and I wonder if we will regret not buying a natural DM. Bruno did well as a DM last season and needs to get back to playing that role properly if Howe decides he’s the one to do it. 
 

Joelinton was the biggest problem in the midfield yesterday because he clearly wasn’t fit and was a passenger for most of the time he was on the pitch. That’s on Howe. Anderson was one of our best players in pre-season and should be in contention. Or Longstaff could have started.
 

I disagree with whoever it was that said Longstaff is a number six though. He doesn’t have the technical ability to play that role in the modern game. He’s not comfortable receiving the ball from the defence while being pressed. Bruno and Tonali can do that. But Longstaff’s first touch isn’t good enough and it would be like putting someone like Hayden in there again. What he is good at is running and pressing from the number 8 position and he would have done better than Joelinton was able to do in that role yesterday.  

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye, you could pick on just about anyone. Id be seriously tempted to got 4-4-1-1 (or 4-2-3-1 if you fancy) but I think we've bought players for the 4-3-3 and thats our model going forward. Its easy to be a bit knee-jerk after a few defeats though so I'll trust what Howe does.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Notwithstanding all the other problems, for me Isak is not a lead the line striker, he needs a free role, we need to find a way to play him and Wilson together IMO (no idea how mind)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Toonpack said:

Notwithstanding all the other problems, for me Isak is not a lead the line striker, he needs a free role, we need to find a way to play him and Wilson together IMO (no idea how mind)


I disagree. I think he can play as the lead striker but if you want to start Wilson, he could play just behind him as a number 10, but that requires changing the system to 4-2-3-1 and I think Howe is unlikely to chance from his 4–3-3 that has been so successful. He won’t even tweak the system during a match when we’re chasing the game.

 

However it could solve the conundrum of how to play Bruno and Tonali together, if they’re both instructed to sit deeper as two number sixes in a double pivot.

 

Dear lord, did I just type that? I think I need to take a break from all the football podcasts 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.