Ed Harrisons Newcastle United Blog

TheTacoTaker

Is this thread worthy of the Gold section?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, TheTacoTaker said:

I thought it might work here, sorry I was wrong.  Perhaps a couple may stay or read.

But think about this....we are all just NUFC fans.  We were leaving a well known blog for reasons that are well known now (but also the server will likely be shut down tomorrow or very soon) 

Quite frankly based on your "Geordie welcome" I got this entirely wrong or you guys did. 

If you want to interrogate fellow fans there are plenty of us who would normally be up for it (and I was)

But it has been a tough day for most of us, for understandable reasons. 

I could not give a shit what you think of me.  If you just want your little clique then have at it. 

Most people in our little clique think you are mostly a bunch of twats now - in just 6 hrs....

'Geordie welcome'

Are you all Americans or something? (It would explain the lack of humour/shit crack tbh). If the lad has terminal cancer, (I have no idea who he is and didn't read your 'well known blog') then I'm truly sorry for his news and for yourselves if you're close to him. But we had no idea. I genuinely don't know what you expected if you're a lurker of this forum? Very few on here take themselves seriously so I'm puzzled why you did?

• Like 5

I need to go overseas more often, can't keep up with all the onfield results and now the forum drama.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I was going to recount a story of the amazing community spirit on here, but it seems I'm too late, plus I found out it was just a lie when this forum almost disappeared and not one cunt bothered to try to let me know.

• Haha 10

Well, that all went swimmingly :D 

That’s definitely the second time thats happened. The other time was years ago can’t remember where they’d come from but they were on for 2/3 days, there was some mild-normal level flirting with the female members who’d appeared then they all disappeared en masse because we were “too cliquey” :lol: 

This is next level though, well done everyone involved 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, TheTacoTaker said:

Anyway, good luck and good health all.  Last you will see of me on here.  

Wow, really? I hope it wasn’t me calling you a cunt. That’s my greeting for all newbies

- genuinely no offence intended. 

Seriously though, we’re a decent bunch. I don’t think anyone knew or understood your backstory. If you came for sensitivity you picked the wrong board.

If you came for a good craic, you came to the right one. The only advice I have is to not  take things too seriously. If you do, then it was never going to work out. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheTacoTaker said:

Hi Everyone,

I know you don't know me but I have read this forum on occasion for quite a while. 

As such many regular posters there will be looking for a new home to stay in touch with each other and to meet new NUFC fanatics so I recommended they join here as opposed to NUFC online (as I always found this forum to be funnier when I read stuff on here)

Obviously this was a massive lie.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OTF said:

I need to go overseas more often, can't keep up with all the onfield results and now the forum drama.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I was going to recount a story of the amazing community spirit on here, but it seems I'm too late, plus I found out it was just a lie when this forum almost disappeared and not one cunt bothered to try to let me know.

:lol:

Not this cunt again. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Obviously this was a massive lie.

Aye, surely anyone whose spent ten minutes reading this place would have expected FAR worse than they got. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheTacoTaker said:

Most people in our little clique think you are mostly a bunch of twats now - in just 6 hrs....

not even close to a PB. we must try better lads :lol:

....seriously though. this is gentle ribbing. if you can't take it, this defo isn't the right place for you.  

what i would say is it's the best newcastle board i ever found. most of us have been posting for 15+ years here, though there are some more recent arrivals who weren't put off by our warm welcome.

i confess i never read the blog by your mate Ed, or knew anything about his situation until you flagged it. It sounds shit - condolences to all who knew him. 

my advice: don't flounce or give up too soon on this place. it may not be for you and your clique, but this forum makes me laugh out loud every day of the week. if you prefer your newcastle message boards with less humour and piss-taking then N-O is the place for you.

anyways, don't be fooled to into thinking we're a bunch of cunts. we're all good lads, really.

except gemmill, but what do you expect from a so-called accountant? 

• Haha 4