General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Liverpool st for starters then might do Mile End later - last time I was there we did go to that Edinburgh one.

Been in the Queens a few times - it always symbolised how the place had changed as the first few (very dodgy) times I went there I didn't even notice there was a bar let alone consider going in there.

Liverpool st for starters then might do Mile End later - last time I was there we did go to that Edinburgh one.

Been in the Queens a few times - it always symbolised how the place had changed as the first few (very dodgy) times I went there I didn't even notice there was a bar let alone consider going in there.

The Queens is canny been in loads of times.

If I was going today I'd have a pint at that big pub on the corner outside Liverpool Street. It's quality, gets a few Tottenham in sadly when they're at home though. 2 years since I've been in London, the longest time since I was 8, I know it like the back of my hand and I have to say where West Ham play is up there with the biggest shitholes, mind Tottenham is nee better.

The Queens is canny been in loads of times.

If I was going today I'd have a pint at that big pub on the corner outside Liverpool Street. It's quality, gets a few Tottenham in sadly when they're at home though. 2 years since I've been in London, the longest time since I was 8, I know it like the back of my hand and I have to say where West Ham play is up there with the biggest shitholes, mind Tottenham is nee better.

Ended up stopping in the Hamilton Hall (the one you mention at Liverpool street) and getting a late tube which was late getting there so missed the KO - proper old school London style.

Turned out to be a bit of a reunion - about 15 of us all from Shields. Some still go for the main part and a couple had just about given up like me. Sad to hear of a couple of tragedies - a mate's son died during his gap year and a lad I used to play football with had a heart attack and died this summer aged 46.

Turns out even some lads who all still live in the NE had lost touch a bit over the last couple of years but football still binds us at heart.

I also now have an invitation to go to the derby from a mate who has platinum club tickets so this comeback tour may have more legs.

Right, supposed to have someone coming today to fix a part of the house. Bloke says "I'll be there at half 9" so I get ready, get downstairs at twenty past to get the kettle on and there's a note through the door saying "Called 9.15" You can't just turn up early for something and then fuck off before the arranged time. I mean, I know he'll have other work on but he set aside two hours, from half 9, to do this work so he's only inconveniencing himself, surely? Being early is as bad as being late.

Right, supposed to have someone coming today to fix a part of the house. Bloke says "I'll be there at half 9" so I get ready, get downstairs at twenty past to get the kettle on and there's a note through the door saying "Called 9.15" You can't just turn up early for something and then fuck off before the arranged time. I mean, I know he'll have other work on but he set aside two hours, from half 9, to do this work so he's only inconveniencing himself, surely? Being early is as bad as being late.

Thats taking the piss :lol:

The bloke installing our internet was similar but had the courtesy to ring and see if we were available before just pitching up, we weren't so he came back when he was meant to.

If you're not desperate for the work get someone else.

Told my current place around a month ago that I would be leaving, I was just waiting for the usual pre-employment checks to clear.

They finally cleared this week and I told my boss yesterday. Despite this he's still making me work my full two months notice and my new place are pissed off that I can't start any earlier.

I don't want to burn my bridges with my current employer incase of any references or anything needed in the future. But I am feeling under pressure from my new employer to start earlier as what if they withdraw the offer of employment?

Anybody been in a similar position to this?

I take it that you didn't formally hand in your resignation a month ago? If not then you're really only beginning your period of notice now and if you're contractually obliged to serve two months notice then your employer is within their rights to exercise that option.

Do they actually need you for two months though? If not then you could explain your position to them and hope that they see sense and let you away early.

Are you actually coming under pressure from the new employer or is that something that you're putting on yourself? Most places know the score and whilst they'll want you as soon as possible, they'll know that they need to play the game.

I take it that you didn't formally hand in your resignation a month ago? If not then you're really only beginning your period of notice now and if you're contractually obliged to serve two months notice then your employer is within their rights to exercise that option.

Do they actually need you for two months though? If not then you could explain your position to them and hope that they see sense and let you away early.

Nah do they shite as they are already advertising for my role to be backfilled, they're just being awkward about it because they can.

:lol:

I told mine a few weeks ago that if I was working with that cunt I am leaving. Not really working for him, but still making work a pain in the arse. He;s dropped several big bollocks since I have come off his projects so it makes it sweeter :)

Am having some real shit with my place as well. It's got to the stage I'm putting dates, times and conversations on my pc. I've gave them a bit of a bloody nose, they came back for more, I beat them again but now it's obvious they feel like I've put their noses out of joint and they're gunning for me. Wankers.

I was formally made manager of my team, yesterday, having effectively occupied the role for the last year. Came with a significant pay rise. This doesn't help any of you, but it felt like a good opportunity to brag.

Am having some real shit with my place as well. It's got to the stage I'm putting dates, times and conversations on my pc. I've gave them a bit of a bloody nose, they came back for more, I beat them again but now it's obvious they feel like I've put their noses out of joint and they're gunning for me. Wankers.

One way ticket, shotgun, bottle of vodka, heavy metal on headphones (to drown out the screams). Sorted.

Edited by Park Life

I was formally made manager of my team in November. It came with no extra money and despite me saying I didn't want extra responsibilities and they should find someone else.

I got made manager of my team in September (started May) and have been promised a pay rise in March. It had better be fucking decent or I'm off in May again.

I was formally made manager of my team in November. It came with no extra money and despite me saying I didn't want extra responsibilities and they should find someone else.

How did that work out?

Got an email off my mate confirming ticket for the derby so I've just booked the train for Saturday/Sunday with a nice visit to my sister included. First time in the NE since Feb 2009 - should be fun (90 mins aside).