General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye that was my take on it too. Just a shit, obvious joke. 

I can't really speak to how offensive it is cos I'm not the subject. 

I don’t mind him but that’s a fucking horrible joke as well as not bring funny. He should be made to tell it to John Fury. 

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

Surely the cat should be told to finish the job it started. 

Sort of longish story, but the cat is pretty old and lately it’s been stopping in at night. However, 2 nights running it has shit at the top stairs during the night, which also sent the Mrs Batshit crazy.

So last night it got its marching orders and sneaked the mouse in on its return. A sort of cat mafia trick similar to a horses head in the bed.

Then sat back and watched chaos unfold. :lol: 

black cat revenge GIF

• Haha 3

Aye - seriously though, if your cat is bending out a biscuit anywhere but the litter tray that’s something you’ll need to look into. 

They can be daft little shites but where actual shites are concerned they should be punctual 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Aye - seriously though, if your cat is bending out a biscuit anywhere but the litter tray that’s something you’ll need to look into. 

They can be daft little shites but where actual shites are concerned they should be punctual 

She’s in her teens and never had a litter tray. She’s usually no bother tbh. 

57 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Do laws just not apply in that there London any more? There's literally video evidence of someone abusing an animal yet the Met think, 'nah, nothing to see here'.

the replies to that are beyond depressing

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I've posted a good holocaust joke on here on several occasions. The comedian that told it has yet to be canceled. 

I haven't watched Carr's joke, gonna watch it now. 

I watched his show last night and it's clear that he's testing the boundaries. From the opening seconds he talks about how telling a joke about a terrible thing isn't the same as the terrible thing and repeats this a few times throughout the show. Before the section with the holocaust joke he explains that it will probably get him cancelled and after the joke goes on to explain why he told it which does include the fact that the Gypsy deaths were an atrocity and how no one these days seems to remember them.

Essentially it was a ten second joke that I found less offensive than the likes of Gervais and Chapelle's denigration of the trans community and a few years ago not a fuck would have been given. Even the fact that the show was released on Netflix five weeks ago and this is only starting to garner attention now says a lot. But ultimately you can't make gags these days where a minority is the butt of the joke, even when pikeys are involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He also takes the piss out of the Jehovah's Witnesses that died in the Holocaust but no one is up in arms about that. And that's because everyone hates them.

And they're bad tempered, had a schoolfriend (first school) who was a JW. he had the most incredible and pristine collection of subbuteo stuff, we used to have a league and everything, anyway one day we went round as he'd got yet another new team and we had a game, I knelt on one of the new players and in getting up put my hand on his scoreboard, total accident btw, his reaction was anything but "turn the other cheek" the sinner JW bastard.

• Haha 4

"Am I at the other side yet? Last thing I knew I was in CT's house?"

13CFD824-0E7C-4407-89B9-B72511EC66E6.jpeg

"Welcome fellow unfortunate little creature to encounter CT. I am the ghost of his budgie, it's been years since I flew the earth with my family till I ended up in that knacker's house. You are indeed on the other side."

tumblr_p5dd291J3v1s4re1oo1_1280.jpg

"Ooh, they're nice fish over there!"

13CFD824-0E7C-4407-89B9-B72511EC66E6.jpeg

"They used to be in the pond he fucked up, mate."

tumblr_p5dd291J3v1s4re1oo1_1280.jpg

• Haha 8

On the subject of Budgies, years ago we spotted the Mrs Neighbour over the road and down a bit, running across the street to a house with a budgie in it's cage, she went back empty handed.

Upon investigation with the other neighbours, turns out she'd said hubby had had a bad day at work (he was a solicitor, not a taxi driver) and when he was in a fettle he used to beat the budgie cage with a rolled up newspaper.

Henceforth they were known in the street as "the budgie beaters"

• Haha 3

I used to find it odd when I was working down there regularly all the parakeets in St James’s Park when I would have a stroll at lunchtime. But I was reading recently there’s a load of them in Walker Park. I haven’t been for years like and I must confess that I’m not that curious