General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Romsey near Southampton about half three…

9A0498F0-76DE-4ACD-ABE2-CF078346DCBA.jpeg

I think car thermometers are quite reliable. Had to take my mum to the Freeman today. It was 23.5 with a nice cool breeze at the coast, pretty perfect really. Driving ip Beach Road and then the coast road the temperature kept going up. In High Heaton (appropriately named) it was 34, more than 10C difference over the distance of 8 miles. Honestly found that heat, with no noticeable  breeze, almost unbearable. Took the kids to Paddy Freeman Park and my youngest was like a dog locked in a car, poured a litre of water over her to stop her getting heat stroke.  Drove back, and it's now a lovely 21.5 here. :)

Gennuinely feel for you guys hitting 40.  We're not equipped to cope with it. 

• Like 1

Fuck this shite like. And fuck the climate change sceptics who tell us to just enjoy the sunshine. There is fuck all enjoyable about 39 degree heat in this country. It isn’t equipped to cope 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think car thermometers are quite reliable. Had to take my mum to the Freeman today. It was 23.5 with a nice cool breeze at the coast, pretty perfect really. Driving ip Beach Road and then the coast road the temperature kept going up. In High Heaton (appropriately named) it was 34, more than 10C difference over the distance of 8 miles. Honestly found that heat, with no noticeable  breeze, almost unbearable. Took the kids to Paddy Freeman Park and my youngest was like a dog locked in a car, poured a litre of water over her to stop her getting heat stroke.  Drove back, and it's now a lovely 21.5 here. :)

Gennuinely feel for you guys hitting 40.  We're not equipped to cope with it. 

Haven’t found it too bad tbh, sat in van most of the day went to Devizes near Swindon this morning then down to Romsey..had to speak to IT there so was sat underneath a shady bush in a car park rather than sit in the boiling van, someone turned up to park and shouted at me to move, how was I to know I was squatting in a disabled parking bay trying to keep cool whilst speaking to young Zak about access to Cascade HR app? :D

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

Took the kids to Paddy Freeman Park and my youngest was like a dog locked in a car, poured a litre of water over her to stop her getting heat stroke. 

:lol:

tenor.gif

Had to have one of my cats put to sleep this morning. Shite times. He got diagnosed with heart disease three weeks ago after I spotted that his breathing was funny.

Anyway he's been on three types of tablet since then but they weren't working as well as hoped, and that was that this morning. I got woken up by him crying and when I came downstairs he had lost the use of one of his front legs (blood clot) and his breathing was fucked. That was at 4:30 and I was leaving the vets at 5:10 so it all happened quickly which was good. Ugh. 

• Sad 8

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Cheers lads. We've had pets since I was a kid but that's the first one I've had to take to be put to sleep. 0/10. Would not recommend. 

Had to do it for our dog. Completely agree. Nothing to recommend it. 🙁 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Had to have one of my cats put to sleep this morning. Shite times. He got diagnosed with heart disease three weeks ago after I spotted that his breathing was funny.

Anyway he's been on three types of tablet since then but they weren't working as well as hoped, and that was that this morning. I got woken up by him crying and when I came downstairs he had lost the use of one of his front legs (blood clot) and his breathing was fucked. That was at 4:30 and I was leaving the vets at 5:10 so it all happened quickly which was good. Ugh. 

Sorry to hear that man. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I have nothing original to say about the heat, it's just so fucking hot.

You and 99% of news reporters. Doesn't stop them though.

• Haha 2