Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

On 29/10/2023 at 05:02, Gemmill said:

Last Stop Larrimah is a good watch. It's just landed on Netflix. It's a true crime doc, two parts, which tells the story of the town where

@sammynb

@toonotl

@OTF

@LongTimeAdmirer

...all live. All are heavily featured. It's about when one of them killed @RobinRobin

There's only 11 people live in the town and one of them gets murdered. What a fucking bunch of characters. I'm gonna cut them a lot more slack on here from now on.

Watched the first one last night. Fucking hell :lol: 

On 16/10/2023 at 13:46, Gemmill said:

The Last Shadow is decent. The Yorkshire Ripper thing.

Striking just how much of Yorkshire was either a prossie, shagging prossies, or hating prossies (all the coppers).

Canny bleak obviously but pretty well done.

Just finished. Very good fresh take on the shit show investigation. Wearside Jack certainly cost a few lives.

New Hell House LLC film is a decent watch. The first one is probably my favourite found footage horror film ever, the second one was decent, the third was a parcel of shite but this new one is pretty good.

I'm sat watching what we do in the shadows to get over the match. If you haven't seen it you absolutely should. The film is great, but the series is even better. Anything with Matt Berry is pretty much nailed on to be mint IMO. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

watched the first two episodes of the bbc's the boat story, very, very good i thought.

oh and main actress daisy haggard, after a moments deliberation....  would.

1762813161_Daisy_Haggard-0035834copy.thumb.jpg.7747681800a12980f91395a24530bfce.jpg

Thanks for that.  Just about to start here, so will be relying on your recommendation. :thumbsup:

Of course, I will blame you if it's shite.

• Haha 1

Louis Theroux interview with Pete Doherty is on iPlayer. I dunno, I can't help liking this bloke, he's funny as fuck. He's a bit tragic but rock and roll and all that. He's clean now. Except copious amounts of rum and cheese. 

The way the press used to make out that he’d corrupted Kate Moss was ridiculous. As though a 90s supermodel wouldn’t have been exposed to class a drugs 

• Like 1

There's a series on Sky Documentary about Lockerbie. Really great watch. 

I've watched a couple before but this is very good. I was only 8 when it happened so have vauge memories of the day, but fuck me, it was horrendous 

26 minutes ago, strawb said:

The Royle Family is absolutely class man

It's offended Wykiki's middle class sensibilities. It was canny ground breaking at the time tbf and has one of the best ever theme tunes. 

• Haha 2

I'm watching the Squid Game game show at the moment. Terrible IMDB marks but I'm enjoying it - the cookie one was class. Guess it's the same formula as some other reality survival shows (not sure cos I've never watched these) but my God what a bunch of cunts the contestants are. For some reason all the UK contestants seem to be scousers. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's offended Wykiki's middle class sensibilities. It was canny ground breaking at the time tbf and has one of the best ever theme tunes. 

tbh it was similar to what I grew up like with my mates so it does bring back a load of good memories in that way.   The TV remote covered in electrical tape was basically us and probably a lot on here as kids :lol: 

Agree with the themse tune even though.

I find some of it funny, but its basically lets smoke like a bunch of cunts and talk slow.

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm watching the Squid Game game show at the moment. Terrible IMDB marks but I'm enjoying it - the cookie one was class. Guess it's the same formula as some other reality survival shows (not sure cos I've never watched these) but my God what a bunch of cunts the contestants are. For some reason all the UK contestants seem to be scousers. 

You're 299.

On 21/11/2023 at 14:37, Renton said:

Louis Theroux interview with Pete Doherty is on iPlayer. I dunno, I can't help liking this bloke, he's funny as fuck. He's a bit tragic but rock and roll and all that. He's clean now. Except copious amounts of rum and cheese. 

Cheers I will give that a watch.

I thought Early Doors was better than The Royle Family. It was in BBC4 again a while back. I had a look and it’s still on iPlayer, although season 1 is only available for another month. I might watch them again actually. I think Aherne was meant to be involved but she’d made it big and moved to the States